Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Reviews

January 3, 2018
more enjoyable than harry potter. more original ideas and more relevant even if it is set in the early half of the 1900s. forget a world of teenage problems of high school and being special because you can kill the bad guy and enter an adult wizarding world that anyone can love and enjoy. with real in context issues and a part of the universe we actually want to see and is really interesting to watch. enjoyable and lovable characters. amazing special affects. the sounds were just as good. casting brilliant. its a fun film.
January 3, 2018
I've never been a Harry Potter fan, neither watched and read any of the source material. So this might have been a bad choice to start with Harry Potter franchise and this movie didn't win me over to watch more of Harry Potter movies. That said I'm sure the fans of Harry Potter will enjoy regardless & wanting more. The only saving grace of this movie was following of one of the supporting character who's witnessing this world of magic because most of the time, that's how I felt during the movie and without it, I would have been fall asleep most of the movie.
½ January 2, 2018
3.5/5. 7.1/10.

-JDK
December 31, 2017
The movie wasn't perfect, but it was still really good and a welcoming presence as a prequel to the Harry Potter saga. Everything about this was on point, it had one of the best storylines, a great cast of characters, the best special effects I've seen in the series, and the unique beasts were truly incredible. I can't wait for the next movie and see where it could go, very special things are instore.
December 30, 2017
Movie had some flaws and some down-time but overall it was a great experience.
½ December 29, 2017
Complete and utter garbage. Awful acting, dialogue, music, and plot. Worst big-budget movie in years.
December 28, 2017
I really enjoyed this movie as I knew I would. It is full of wizardry fun just like the Harry Potter movies.
December 27, 2017
Yet another delightful jont into JK's wizarding world.
December 26, 2017
A fun movie that brings something new to the HP universe without rehashing the actual Harry Potter movies. Interesting story and some great characters like Newt, Kowalski or Mr.Graves.
December 23, 2017
In truth, I'm ready for the Harry Potter franchise to be concluded, not expanded. So that's largely the reason that this film is two stars for me.

The movie itself was ok; not particularly enchanting for me.
December 23, 2017
A must see. JK Rowling has done it again. As a die hard Harry Potter fan, this gives us more engagement into the wonderful wizarding world. Cannot wait for the 2-5th installments. Thank you JK! And the characters are so lovable.
½ December 22, 2017
Whereas this film doesn't really feel like part of the same universe as the rest of the Harry Potter franchise, it was thoroughly enjoyable.
I found the appearance of Johnny Depp clanged a bit at the end there.
December 21, 2017
the movie was really dreadful and boring. none of the special sauce that was in the potter films
½ December 20, 2017
I like this film a lot. It has some touching moments and good drama, but its likable characters are not given satisfying arcs. Its fun story is not structured properly. Ultimately a beautiful-looking film without much depth.
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them nos ofrece una mágica dosis de este universo, que por cierto ya era hora de ver pura magia aplicada. Una historia con singulares personajes muy bien trabajados; y una destacable actuación de Colin Farrel, encantarán a todos los fanáticos de la saga.
½ December 19, 2017
Although it doesn't have the same magical tone as the Harry Potter movies, this movie expands the magical world like we have never seen it before
December 15, 2017
It was so charming and sweet but ultimately it failed to "wow" me.
December 15, 2017
Honestly, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them is my favorite movie this year. I absolutely loved everything about it. From the new characters to the old ones. The score was amazing, Eddie Redmayne was perfect as Newt Scamander and I absolutely love that character. Ezra Miller as Credence was perfect. I loved it! I so look forward to the next films. So excited! It did something new, unlike Episode 7.
December 2, 2017
Interesting as it is to see the wizarding world and the 1920's scene brought together, it's about the only part of the movie worthy of praise.