Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Reviews

½ April 17, 2017
Just when you think Rowling has called it a day, she writes yet another masterpiece. Very eager now to read the book. Very good watch.
April 17, 2017
Finally after 5 years, we're back in the Wizarding World for another adventure.

So when I saw the first trailer for this, I wasn't instantly hooked, but as new trailers were being released, I started to get more anticipated for this movie as I love Harry Potter minus the first two (the more childish ones).

The movie started off a bit slow but got more fast paced as time went on. Overall I liked it

7.7/10
½ April 17, 2017
It expands the Harry Potter world but it has noticeable pacing issues. J.K.Rowling lack of experience in screenplay writing shows itself in the movie
April 17, 2017
was great in all the way magic could be done it was perfect in every way
½ April 17, 2017
Eddie Redmayne produces a brilliant performance in this brilliant movie .
½ April 16, 2017
i love Jacob Kowalski!!!!!!
½ April 16, 2017
Though I am far from the most knowledgeable on the whole Harry Potter universe and few films from that original series managed to properly connect with me this was a well made and entertaining enough film. It has a solid cast, great score, excellent 1920s setting with extremely good production, the special effects are great to look at and the action scenes are decent. The script is serviceable but the plot is evidently more about world building and putting the right pieces in place for future films rather than being a self contained film that is satisfying on its own rather than having to wait for future films for a complete picture.
½ April 16, 2017
Not quite to the level of the Harry Potter series, but still "fantastic" companion film.
½ April 16, 2017
Better than the trailers gave me the impression of.
April 15, 2017
Beautifully bland. For all it's wonder and whimsy; 'Fantastic Beasts' is illogically charmless. It's so blissfully concerned with world building that it forgets to make an enjoyable stand alone experience. It's distractingly gorgeous but peer a little closer at the characters and the heart and you'll find it's surprisingly empty.
April 15, 2017
The beasts themselves were fun to watch and generally well-executed, but even the most visually striking scenes couldn't distract from a web of tangled plots and too many characters with too little significance. By the end of the film, those of us watching agreed we had more questions than answers. Would only recommend for die-hard Harry Potter fans or to put on in the background, while you're doing the ironing.
April 15, 2017
cool and very nice movie
Great special effects great home 3D- bright and colorful
April 15, 2017
Eddie Redmayne is now my new favorite actor, thanks to this film. The movie was not as good as I hoped, but I still love it and can't wait to see the sequels!
April 15, 2017
I'm a die hard Harry Potter fan so I was understandably incredibly excited for the release of this movie but pretty disappointed. It's not a terrible movie but there are elements that aren't quite there. I'm yet to jump on the Eddie Redmayne train , he kind of comes off as the same awkward charming English gent in every film or TV role I've seen him in and it's boring. The highlight of this film was the amazing creatures, exactly how they are described by Jk Rowling herself with the perfect balance of terror and cuteness You See with magical creatures in other films in the original franchise. As I fan I'll be sticking with the series to see where it goes but all in all the movie was pretty underwhelming.
April 15, 2017
Fabulous, wonderful and enchanting. A great escape from the horrible world we live in. Every time it seems to be on the verge of cliché or too much CGI, the movie reins itself back in. Great characters and can't wait for the next one!
April 15, 2017
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them beautifully brings you back to the Harry Potter universe, with a fantastic cast, likeable characters, and a fun ride in the theatre.
April 14, 2017
A nice quirky movie, but I was expecting much more from watching the previews.
April 14, 2017
For the most part I really liked the part. I really liked the characters a lot and loved the 20's vibe of the movie. What I really didn't like and I found it very annoying was the catching of the beast that steals things and I also found the ending too much and the villain destroying New York was just too much for me. But overall I liked the movie and can't wait till she second one.
½ April 14, 2017
Pretty good. Enjoyed the cast.