Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Reviews

½ June 12, 2017
Not a bad movie, but it certainly didn't make feel that I cared about any of the characters in the film or seeing them again. The movie felt long and through there was a lot of action it felt very tedious and by halfway through the movies I was ready for it to end. I imagine that fans of these series will disagree, but for me this film lacked any magic of the original.
½ June 12, 2017
Loved it! Great characters and storyline.
June 11, 2017
The year is 1926, and Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures. Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident, were it not for a No-Maj (American for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt's fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the wizarding and No-Maj worlds.
June 11, 2017
Kindled my undiscovered love for Eddie Redmayne and Katherine Waterson. Being a all round joy and as fun if not more fun than the Harry Potter franchise.
Can't wait for part 2
June 10, 2017
Classic standard harry porter movie
June 10, 2017
First installment of the "American" Harry Potter universe films. A bit hard to follow to begin with, but in all a good story.

6/10/17
½ June 10, 2017
Film was alright. Couldn't discern half of Redmayne's mutters and mumbles. Can't say Farrell can act. But there were some enjoyable characters (Kowalski and sweet witch love interest) and interest ideas concept re: obscurous. It's about as good as Narnia.
June 9, 2017
Great acting with a great and fun plot
June 9, 2017
AWESOME MOVIE EVER ! I watch this once and I fell in love with it. Great if you love adventure and mystery.
June 9, 2017
A worthy successor to the Harry Potter universe- a charming tale that is an interesting enough opener to a new part of the universe.
June 8, 2017
Fantastic mess... found.
½ June 8, 2017
Something new and exciting. JK Rowling has created a world that is fresh and new to add onto the Harry Potter world. Loved the movie. That being said, I judge a movie's quality a lot off of "is it good enough to watch again." Whole I would and have watched this movie multiple times, is not at the top of my list but is still a must see.
June 7, 2017
Sooo much fun... just don't think about it too hard!
½ June 7, 2017
Very good movie whether you're a Harry Potter fan or not!
½ June 7, 2017
Creative. Fun. Slow occasionally.
June 6, 2017
Would have been an amazing film without the shoddy cliches at the end. All of the actors make this a worthy watch for anyone, fantastic. This is where you find it.
½ June 6, 2017
Not nearly as good as the Harry Potter films, but that's to be expected. And just like the Potter films, I expect this franchise to get better and better with each film. But Fantastic Beasts is so much fun, really. Redmayne is great as Scamander. The "beasts" are awesome. There's really so much to look forward to! I'm excited for more.
June 5, 2017
A great prequel to Harry Potter
June 4, 2017
A fun trip back into the Wizarding world