Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Reviews

May 18, 2018
soulless effect spectacle without any kind of story ... i am a huge potter nerd and LOVE the books and films, this spinoff is very stupid ... hope the following films will be better .. the movie is not worth a half star, its like 2/5, but there are so many fanboys posting 5 stars without any reason, i give it half a star to even the odds
½ May 16, 2018
An enjoyable fantasy film that while no where near as exciting or absorbing as the Harry Potter films is solid filler material for fans of the series.
May 16, 2018
An excellent addition to the Harry Potter Universe, Fantastic Beasts brings exciting performances from its leading cast, good character relationships, and well constructed graphics/animation.
May 16, 2018
Really enjoyable movie, Newt Scamander is really an interesting main character,and the side characters are properly developed.Also its a really pretty movie to look at-
½ May 13, 2018
A light, fun expansion of the Harry Potter wizarding world. Eddie Redmayne portrays Newt Scamander's 'harmless mad scientist' vibe perfectly.
May 13, 2018
Great! Spin off harry potter.
½ May 13, 2018
A movie I had no expectations going into, but ended up loving a great deal and I might just be the only person who fell deeper in love with this story than I ever did with Harry Potter. Not a flawless story and has some pacing issues, but it is entertaining and charming to me. The downpoints to me being the more boring parts with Credence Barebone and his "family." However following Newt Scamander around 1920s New York has enough charm in it to win me over. I am here for the premiere of the sequel!
½ April 25, 2018
The Movie does the Potter Films Justice. It really feels like watching a Potter movie, but with a twist: It's grown up. It all feels more adult, with a more darker tone and some more sexual allusions, but it is easily watchable as a child.
Eddie Redmayne does a tremendously good job playing the Role of Newt Scamander. All the other actors are good as well, but not as good as Radmayne. The only actor that comes up to Eddie is Dan Fogler but thats probably just thanks to his character Jacob Kowalski. Kowalski is the representer of us, the audience, and thanks to that you can even watch the movie if you haven't been in touch with Harry Potter. And for the Potter Fans it's just a nice extension of the wizarding world, we all know and love.
The Music is good and sounds familiar, like in the Potter films. The Visuals are pretty good and they look a lot like the effects from the last Harry Potter Parts, who also were created by David Yates. The Story is pretty good, but nothing special and in my opinion it focuses too less on the Beasts and more on the storyline of Credence and Graves, which is kind of sad since the movie series is called Fantastic Beasts. But apart from that it's a good movie.
April 23, 2018
In Phantastische Tierwesen und wo sie zu finden sind geht es um Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) einen sympathischen übernatürlichen Tierforscher dem die Tiere aus seinem magischen Koffer entwischen. Die lustigen und gut ausgedachten Tierwesen würde man am liebsten mit nach Hause nehmen. Colin Farrell spielt den Bösewicht und Johnny Depp hat eine sehr kleine Minirolle.
April 23, 2018
It had a great cast just lacked the magic you felt watching the Harry Potter movie The plot seemed rushed and thrown in there. This is a Rent for me
[Ger Review]
Ein magischer Film. Der Film hat es geschafft mich von Minute eins an zu verzaubern. Als Fan der Harry Potter Filme war der Einstieg mit den Zeitungsberichten ein schöner Start in eine neue Geschichte dieser Welt. Die Figuren wachsen einen sehr schnell ans Herz. Dies liegt unter anderem auch daran, dass die Schauspieler ihre Rollen großartig spielen. Vor allem Eddie Redmayne und Dan Fogler gefallen mir sehr. Die Geschichte ist meiner Meinung nach nicht gerade die orginellste, aber nach und nach die verschiedenen Tierwesen zu entdecken hat mir sehr sehr sehr viel Freude bereitet. Technischen gesehen war der Film gut gemacht, aber teils wurde mir zu viel CGI verwendet. Der Film hätte vielleicht auch noch um 10 Minuten gekürzt werden können, aber er ist definitiv sehenswert. 8/10
April 22, 2018
This movie at 1st did not interst me but after seeing it I LOVED IT!! I am so exicted about the 2nd now with Jude Law as Dumbldore and Jonny Deph as Ginderwalt
April 18, 2018
An amazing movie; Most would expect it to be a retelling of Harry Potter, but the plotline, characters, and overall design are completely unique.
April 5, 2018
I held off watching this for a long time, but after finally seeing it, I have to say it was a fun but compelling movie.
April 3, 2018
This is incredibly fun, has an excellent story, a phenomenal cast, wonderful visuals, and an enchanting score.
½ March 29, 2018
Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them is a good prequel to the mainstream series, and has a lot of great, well-crafted action and humor fans of the novels and mainstream movies will enjoy, even if it does have some dragged on and unfunny sequences.
½ March 29, 2018
Good Writing: 1.5 Stars
You would think a man who travels around with beasts in his suitcase would be a lot better at keeping them. Different plots can be confusing. Whats the point of having a story if wizards can fix everything with a magic wand with no consequences.

Great Production: 2 Stars
A magical period piece set design take you to a different time with some pretty special effects.
March 29, 2018
Absolutely wonderful movie. Cant say enough positive things about this movie. I was excited to see it. Actually more like I was super hyped to watch it, which usually ends in a bit of disappointment because movies hardly ever live up to the hype. Not the case with this movie. I was completely blown away. It exceeded my expectations.
March 25, 2018
Boring and not really suitable for a family movie afternoon. Far too long in total and on the way long-winded. Just the beaasts are nicely done. No story really.
March 24, 2018
One of the best movies ever in my oppinion