Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Reviews

February 19, 2018
Overall a good movie but I couldn't get into the characters until the last few scenes.
February 17, 2018
Well a complete disappointment climax is the portion wvh gets noticed but still this franchise hs a lot of potential
February 16, 2018
(83/100)
I very much liked this new step into another side of the Harry Potter world!
½ February 12, 2018
An enjoyable view on the wizarding world. Definitely recommend watching. It's a shame you knew Colin Farrell was the antagonist from the very start as they gave it away with the hair immediately..it was just a matter of waiting.
February 6, 2018
Newt is a compelling lead character. Jacob was fun, and a comedic relief, in a not so obvious way. I had fun learning about all of the different beasts. Can't wait to see more of Newt and his friends : )
February 3, 2018
Movie made no sense. Great film if you enjoy confusion and loud sounds
½ February 2, 2018
Well at least this film got a interesting story, or else I will be giving this a 2-star rating. But it may be a great film for Harry Potter fans.
February 1, 2018
I like the adult theme set in the Harry Potter world. What's not to like. Come on people!! Not a fan of Waterston but she did okay. Looking forward to next film. Kudos.
½ January 30, 2018
I hate this movie it's boring and confusin.
January 29, 2018
I am obsessed. Brilliant storytelling. Thrilling characters, perfect acting, special effects, costume design, just everything on point.
½ January 28, 2018
It fails to cast its own spell, hence the occasional tie-ins remind you what you're really craving (we miss you Harry!). Set against the incandescent world from whence it came, the setting feels uninspired. And most of the new characters stumble out of the gate, due to a lack of compelling emotional attachment. Newt Scamandar (Eddie Redmayne) is no orphaned and tortured Mr. Potter. Thankfully, Dan Fogler delivers a star-making performance as 'No-Maj' (Non-Magical, a.k.a. America's 'muggle') Jacob Kowalski. A wannabe baker that can't catch a break until something fantastic enters his life, and not just beasts. Alison Sudol lights up the screen as his love interest, Queenie Goldstein. Unfortunately the fresh-faced cast is weighed down by established stars like Colin Farrell, and seems they are repeating the mistake, with Johnny Depp scheduled to gobble up air in the planned sequel. Thankfully for the younger set, the CGI creatures are the true draw. One can only hope that its most attractive assets will be free to shine in future installments. Much like a collection of young wizard heroes from yesteryear.
January 27, 2018
I was excited to see this movie and learn of the upcoming sequels. The movie as a stand alone wasn't great. I would give the sequels a try considering the story line and how much I enjoyed Harry Potter; however, with yet another appearance of recycled, blonde villain, Depp as Grindelwald, I'm seriously disenchanted. Lost the magic, J. K.
January 27, 2018
Absolutely loved it.
½ January 27, 2018
Other than pacing issues and the way that reveal was done it was a great movie... I hope they will work on the pacing and make the sequel even better than this one. and yeah., there was also the issue of Eddie redmayne mumbling many of his dialogues which was not a big issue for me as I watched this with subtitles but for those who didn't this certainly was a big issue. and I hope we will see real Percival graves in some of the sequels.
½ January 24, 2018
With dazzling special effects, Fantastic beasts and Where to Find them, brings another adventurous film to the green screen.
January 23, 2018
Harry Potter fans will love the new spin-off, even though there is very little to do with the Wizarding World, as we formerly knew it.
January 18, 2018
It's hard to pinpoint why this is so tiresome. It's not the cinematography or production design, it's not the performances (although Eddie Redmayne's trademark toothy mannerisms have become increasingly annoying), it's not David Yates' direction. It's the feeling that it's just one thing after another aka the Harry Potter problem. There's only so many times a CGI monster can create havoc while the camera swoops and we all go 'wow'.
January 13, 2018
Terrible. Didn't like any of it. The title is a little misleading as it seemed more in the end to be about an Obscurus which I believe was poorly executed.
January 12, 2018