Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Reviews

½ April 27, 2017
was never into the Harry Potter franchise, but I feel like this wonderful film serves as an idiot's guide to understanding it. now after watching this wonderful film which I had low expectations for. I'm ready to give in to these great concepts because once this film began I was very interested in the content forming a new found respect for the hype surrounding this franchise to which at first I didn't understand.
½ April 27, 2017
It's not without fun elements, but there's an almost total lack of compelling characters. Also, I don't know what Eddie Redmayne was doing performance wise but none of it works.
April 26, 2017
Not only the beasts are fantastic in this movie: acting, directing, magic are also marvelous here.

I rate this movie as 4/5 as even it is great in a lot of aspects, still some characters and overall story is a bit clumsy and stumbles from time to time.

Though Eddie Redmayne is a great actor and he also acts well in movie. However, his character and his acting does not change in any way as the film goes on. As we meet him for the first time on screen, the same he leaves it before the final credits.

Also, the movie does not explain why is smiling all the time for no reason. Weird face expressions become a little disturbing after two hours in row.

The story itself offers not only a lot of fantastic beasts and struggling of Newt to find them but also an additional detective story. Sometimes it is more like a light horror movie, though I think it may be a little harsh for the smallest viewers.

New York, architecture, all the tiniest details are constructed with so much love and dedication. Costume designers also deserved their Academy Award.

Dan Fogler is a true star of the movie. All the humor and interest in the film lies on his shoulders and talents. I had a few moments where I though that I may be bored and that's there Jacob Kowalski came into play again and again.

Without this character the movie would lose a great part of the impression it makes.

The movie is a perfect foundation stone for next films built around the magic world from Harry Potter franchise. If you love words created by J.K. Rowling unbound fantasy, you should definitely watch this movie.
April 26, 2017
I loved Newt Scamander, he was the heart of the movie for me
April 25, 2017
Awesome loved it. Didn't expect too
April 25, 2017
meh, poor excuse for story of magic extending from bad harryP. holes in plot. guess maybe good for pop entertainment
½ April 24, 2017
Love it for it's Lovable characters and creativity and the amazing acting. My Only complaints are that Ending was rather mixed, since I hated when the monster kid was calming down and redeeming himself thanks to Tina's words..BUT THAT WAS POINTLESS BECAUSE THE WIZARD ATORITIES COME DOWN AND KILL THE MONSTER KID even if he didn't deserved death, as his tragic PAST WAS FEELFUL..REALLY WARNER?! But at least I liked that Jacob at least still has a bit of memory of his wizard journey. 4 and a half Beasts out of 5.
½ April 24, 2017
The movie has a nice spirit and sense of wonder, but the movie feels more like a first draft of a script.
April 23, 2017
This spin off of harry potter is a cool story that according to the plot, happens 70 years before the events of the HP films. This film tells a totally fresh story about an expanded universe of the world of magic in which we are told that there are spells all over the world even in New York. Show us new creatures, new stories and new villains
April 23, 2017
fantastic film brilliant work from j.k!
April 23, 2017
What I beautiful and fun movie for the family, or just anyone! I enjoyed this more than the Harry Potter movies in many ways! I found Eddie's acting a bit irritating in some parts, but other than that bloody brilliant!
April 23, 2017
so cool feel like I am magic and I was a part of it
½ April 22, 2017
For my first movie of 2017, I thought this was a great movie. The story was great, the characters were great and the CGI in the film was beyond what I thought it would be. It was amazing to see how far we have come in animation since the very last Harry Potter movie. Things looked so much more real and everything ran smoothly compared to back in the first Harry Potter movie when we were only just starting to develop CGI into something more.

I thought the actors were picked out very well and I loved the way we finally got to see some American Witches and Wizard along with a Muggle for a main character.

I can't wait to see what they will do with the rest of the story as there are still 4 more films to come in the series.
½ April 20, 2017
Although amazing and enjoyable the Potter films never left much of a mark on me. This movie ahieved what 8 didn't.
½ April 20, 2017
This was truly a wonderful & unique experience that is definitely a worthwhile watch!
It was brilliantly directed by David Yates, and it was nice to see yet another amazing story from J.K. Rowling.
"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" is truly an amazing movie.
An almost perfect film.
½ April 19, 2017
if didn't let a long time Harry potter fan such as myself down. what a great watch.
April 19, 2017
What a terrible POS!
½ April 19, 2017
JK Rowling's new Harry Potter world-extension isn't so much a prequel as it is a loose, distantly relevant novella. People wave wands and use familiar lingo. Footnotes from the wizarding world take flesh and form out in the wild and there's a bit of familiar name-dropping to keep us all invested. Eddie Redmayne takes top billing as the introverted naturalist with an extensive collection of traveling wildlife, but as the name implies, the beasts themselves are the real stars here. A live-action jaunt through the monster manual, it's an interesting, unusual turn if not a terribly fulfilling one. Many times, I felt like I was digging through the guts of an info-rich companion book and not a free-standing tale. There's the framework of a story, of course, but it's awfully dry, light fare and the real focus is quite clearly on establishing a deeper lore for the growth of the franchise. The effects work is strong, as it desperately needed to be, and I enjoyed the unexpected aesthetic of magical society at play in the roaring twenties, but there isn't a lot of meat on these bones. Disappointing, since the Potter films are brimming with precisely the kind of depth, warmth and rich, implied back-story that this is missing.
½ April 19, 2017
Biased because I love this entire storyline. enjoyed seeing the American side of magic, but I hope the next movie is back in England.

#hufflepuff4lyfe