Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer Reviews

October 26, 2016
Another failed fantastic 4 movie
October 10, 2016
10/8/2016: Meh. A great returning cast, but not a very well developed story and not much action.
September 24, 2016
I had great expectations for this movie, and yes, this movie did not meet it. It had potential, and all in all the Surfer looked and sounded right. But it was a weak script, but good popcorn fun nonetheless.
½ September 17, 2016
At this rate, I do not know if the people behind Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer are trying. Yet somehow, this is a much better movie than its laughable predecessor.
August 28, 2016
Sure they messed up Galactus and being a diehard marvel fan I was pissed about that! But this movie was fun and the family aspect was there for the fantastic four and the silver surfer was done very well! And I had a fun time so (5/5)! It's the best of the 3 fantastic four movies!
August 23, 2016
The best fantastic 4 movie yet!!!! not saying much this was still bad with a poor villain and weak plot.
August 16, 2016
Better then the first but far from good.
August 14, 2016
While still not the Fantastic Four movie that everyone was hoping for (with some being slightly pissed off that Galactus was a space cloud), Rise of the Silver Surfer is still an improvement over its predecessor despite being slightly more family-friendly (It has the PG rating, doesn't it?). The special effects are Marvel-ous (I'm sorry), the actors try harder this time around, Chris Evans delivers some funny lines and the film has more action sequences despite being shorter than other Marvel films (not many of Marvel's movies are stuck with a 2 digit runtime, you know)
August 9, 2016
I love this movie. Don't care what anyone says.
July 29, 2016
Because I saw the first one.
jamrcla
July 18, 2016
Great film loved it more than the first, Better story and some great action especially at the end which was amazing, Deserved more credit.
July 15, 2016
I think its an improvement.
July 13, 2016
Viste le premesse del primo film, le aspettative per questo sequel erano piuttosto basse. E come previsto rieccoci nella più totale mediocrità: nessun colpo di scena, trama lineare e noiosa, i soliti buchi nella storia, tecniche di ripresa banali senza neanche un pizzico di originalità. Viene introdotto per la prima volta sullo schermo un grande personaggio dei fumetti, ma davvero in questo contesto non riesce a brillare. Il giudizio finale non va oltre il voto dato al primo film.
½ July 10, 2016
Well, still the same cool gang, but the story isn't as good as the first one. What's cool about the Fantastic Four is that it ain't dark like more and more superheros movies.
ALors, nous avons toujours la même bande chouette, mais l'histoire n'est pas aussi bonne que dans le premier film. Ce qui est vraiment bien des Quatre Fantastiques, c'est qu'il n'est pas aussi sombre que beaucoup d'autres films de super-héros.
July 2, 2016
Better then the first but still has its problems. This one was at least a heck a lot more enjoyable.
½ June 20, 2016
I guess "the powers that be" decided that they could jump start this franchise better if they dabbled into the "cosmic Marvel universe" and brought in the Silver Surfer. What they got was a film that was worse than the original. The Silver Surfer is a great character but used like this it was just not effective and somehow Mark Frost wrote a worse script than before. Effects, again, were the highlight of this film. Also, Laurence Fishburne voices the Silver Surfer.
½ June 20, 2016
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer was indeed an improvement from it predecessor. It was more entertaining, visually stunning, but it still wasn't great as it should have been. I think this film was miscast especially Jessica Alba.
½ June 20, 2016
It may have been swept under the rug but it was still satisfying. There's less of a play on campiNess and they've got the balance between humour and storyline right ( I actually enjoyed Ioan Gruffud's dance moves). Even lighthearted humour is something you hate you'll probably like it a lot than what they did in 2015. It's not perfect and it's not memorable either but it improved on it's predecessor and how many sequels can say they did that.
June 14, 2016
I gotta see this one... Haven't seen this one...yet.