Fantasy Mission Force (Mai nei dak gung dui) (Dragon Attack) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantasy Mission Force (Mai nei dak gung dui) (Dragon Attack) Reviews

November 26, 2015
Corny Jackie Chan action film, billed here at Jacky Chan. Jackie was just starting to break out as an international star at this time, having done "The Battle Creek Brawl" in the US and also appearing in "Cannonball Run." It's kind of surprising he'd take a step backwards in the cheaply made Hong Kong comedy Dirty Dozen type of story about the Fantasy Mission Force fighting the evil Japanese Army during WWII. According to IMDB, Chan appeared in this film as a favor to the director. Petty weak martial arts film with a few alright sequences, but it's certainly not enough to make this a film worth seeking out. Brigitte Lin also appears in the film, but this film is really only for hardcore Chan fans.
½ November 15, 2015
Had a mundane plot line. The fighting scenes were pretty decent though. Jackie Chan's role was rather small.
August 4, 2014
I admit I don't generally go for movies of this type, but this is a work of such mind-melting sub-Jodorowskian weirdness that I have to recommend it. Chan is probably onscreen for a total of about 15 minutes or so; mostly the action is given over to a wild story set in a parallel-universe version of World War II, where a motley gang of criminals and warriors are rounded up by a Chinese colonel to rescue a group of generals (including Abraham Lincoln?!) from the Japanese. The characters wander from one bizarre adventure to the next, finally ending up in a face-off against a gang of Nazis in modern-day cars festooned with swastikas. The budget is painfully low, the dubbing is largely incomprehensible, and most of the music seems to have been 'borrowed' from Western horror and action films, but this film manages a certain plucky charm thanks to its outrageous sense of humor and its willingness to descend into pure surreal fantasy. Westerns, slapstick comedy, horror movies, kung fu, action films, war movies, and parody are all tried on, and all things considered, the fight scenes are well-staged and exciting. Coming from someone who's generally bored to tears with Hong Kong action cinema, Fantasy Mission Force is quite something. Check it out!
June 14, 2014
I own this on DVD in a five movie pack along with:
* Master With Cracked Fingers (1974)
* Eagle Shadow Fist (1973)
* Fire Dragon (1986)
* The Young Tiger (1973)
August 16, 2013
Really weird, hella dumb, often nonsensical, and soooooooooooooooo fucking hilarious. One of the most shameless films ever made and one that deserves to be a cult classic.
½ June 22, 2013
Fantasy Mission Force Takes Place In A Whole World Of It's Own. An 80's Kung Fu Comedy Featuring Jackie Chan & Brigitte Lin. A Team Of Misfits Are Formed By The Army To Retake A Fortune Stolen By The Enemy During A Bloody Raid. The Group Is Led By The Mysterious "Devil Sergeant" Who Ruthlessly Leads His Men Through Increasingly Vicious Battles As They Near Their Objective. This Film Is Worth Viewing If Your A Fan A Of Weird And Ridiculous Comedies. Quite Entertaining. Another Chinese Film Was Released After This Called "Fire Dragon" & Supposedly Recycles Quite A Lot Of Footage From This Film.
April 10, 2013
It was ok. Some funny parts.
½ August 21, 2012
Very odd but certainly worth a watch.
½ April 19, 2012
I'm not really sure what I just saw here but it has to be one of the oddest low budget HK comedies of all time. Maybe that's why I'd never heard about it. It tries to be a wacky and surreal screwball comedy - maybe they wanted to copy Monty Python? It's totally insane and so bad it's ALMOST good. I emphasise on the word ALMOST! This is the only movie to have two HK legends in Jackie Chan and Brigitte Lin star together although the screentime they share is minimal. Jackie himself is barely in the movie - about 10-15 minutes at most. He only did this movie as a favour to one of the other actors (Jimmy Wang Yu) in the production who had protected him from the Triads during the early part of his career. The comedy is cringeworthy and embarassing at times such as 2 stupid Benny Hill type chase scenes which is terrible. The haunted house sequence which sees hopping vampires, skeletons and disembodied hands making appearances drags on for far too long. There's even a couple of Japanese Nazis that pop up close to the end and don't get me started on the climax which sees the Japanese attack the mercenaries in their 1970?s clapped out cars almost like something out of Mad Max! The movie is completely incomprehensible, silly, and so OTT with scenes just finishing unexpectedly and moving on to the next. I'm sure the filmmmakers were almost making the script up as they went along. It's possible that they made it this bad on purpose - who knows? You just don't know what to expect in it. The beginning of the movie even has a musical number. The only bright spots were the 3 fights that Jackie is involved in and Brigitte Lin is sort of OK in her role. The escape from the Amazon camp at night is well done with plenty of action and explosions. Just about everything including the kitchen sink is thrown into this movie!

Fantasy Mission Force has to be one of the most bizarre movies I've seen. It's not often I'm gobsmacked after watching a movie but I was after seeing this. Actually I would ask Asian movie fans to watch this because it's something you've got to experience......just have a couple of beers first before you do and don't try to make any sense from the plot because you won't be able to!!
½ October 30, 2011
Fantasy Mission Force is weird, stupid but some how entertaining. It got some funny moments but the story is silly that you don`t follow that. Sure there are lots of martial marts fighting, explosions and gunfights. "Heroes" in this film are written very bad and the villains are boring.. okayla bit eye candy for boys but its doesn`t save much. Jackie Chan got only a small role so fans would get disappointing feelings.
May 13, 2011
A team of elite martial arts and combat fighters code named Fantasy Mission Force set out on a secret mission to recover an army monetary fund which has been stolen by the enemy.

stars Jackie Chan, Brigitte Lin, Yu Wang, David Tao, Shiu Bu Lia, Ling Chang, Yueh Sun and Adam Cheng.

directed by Yen-ping Chu.
½ October 2, 2010
The most twisted movie Jackie has ever been in...
September 29, 2010
Seriously. Kung fu, gunfights, Amazon cannibal chicks, hopping vampires, Chinese guys in Scottish kilts, Nazi road warriors, 'splosions, what's not to like?
½ August 25, 2010
Branded as a Jackie Chan film but very little Jackie Chan in it aside from near the end. Such a weird plot too, Amazonian women? Ghosts? Nazis? It's all here.
July 22, 2010
Unfreaking believable. LITERALLY. this movie is so damn awful its actually really good. nothing makes sense: story line, characters, and plot development. Even though it says it stars jackie chan he doesn't show up for most of it. but really you wont care because like me you'll be laughing your ass off at the hilarious scenes like when they end up in a mansion full of ghosts for some reason and then they fight them. Or the people flying out of the water throwing ribbons at people or all those Nazis riding mustangs with football helmets and torchs. ya just try to ignore the storyline because even if you try to understand it you'll still get lost. But this is definately a must see for everyone. I implore you to buy it if you see it sitting in a bargain bin pile you will not be dissappointed
July 22, 2010
So bad, but one of the greatest "bad movies" ever.
July 22, 2010
This is the silliest, most over the top, insane movie I have ever seen! It has it all; a musical number, amazons, wizards, Nazis, and even a haunted house. The first time I saw this movie half way through, I realized that I could no longer be surprised, I was waiting for the robot pirate ninja Martians to make an appearance! Too often I think movies try too hard and as a result damage or sometimes even destroy themselves in their own pretentiousness. The people that made this movie knew exactly what it was. In order to fully appreciate this film you HAVE to be in the right mind set because it's just so silly. So if you're in for a wild and crazy film check it out; you won't be disappointed.
½ July 22, 2010
[FONT=Times New Roman]
The first time that I watched Fantasy Mission Forced I was so very confused. What is Abe Lincoln doing in WW2?, and what is the deal with the script. This film is so odd and wacky that it is funny. Jackie Chan is not the main character, but is in most of the important scenes in the film. All I can say is that the "Nazis" in this film drive cars from the 80's, riding on the top waving torches around their heads. If your drunk then this movie will make sense, or if you just want to confuse someone to no end. Pure quality.
lesleyanorton
April 24, 2010
From 366WEIRDMOVIES favourites list
March 28, 2010
Wow. Simply wow. Just when you think you've seen it all, you watch Fantasy Mission Force. I don't think any other movie can come close to the level lunacy that this movie displays for 90 straight minutes.

For the first 15 minutes I don't think I stopped laughing once. I laughed so much that my body hurt. The only other movie that is anywhere close to this much fun is Tarkan vs. the Vikings but that movie is different. This is much more zany. It's like the 3 stooges meets scooby doo meets low budget kung fu meets musical. I would pay good money for a digitally remastered version that doesn't pan & scan just to see what else is happening in these scenes.

The story, if you can call it that, is so completely ridiculous that I don't even want to try and explain it because I might spoil it for you. You'll just have to see it to find out. I highly recommend buying this movie. Once you see it you'll want a copy for yourself so do what I did and buy it first.