Far from Home Movie Reviews

• Jul 11, 2020

The strange tone sinks it.

The strange tone sinks it.

• Nov 23, 2019

An interesting find in the Drew Barrymore crate.

An interesting find in the Drew Barrymore crate.

• Aug 19, 2017

An okay thriller. Drew Barrymore was good, but the movie itself was super predictable with some pretty cheesy moments and some bad acting. It was also trashy in a pretty comical way.

• May 08, 2016

I remember this coming out when I worked at a video store and thinking it was weird to see Drew Barrymore move from child actor ("ET," "Firestarter," "Cats Eye" etc.) into a more mature teen role, before her better known transitional films like "Poison Ivy" or "The Amy Fisher Story." The story here is a lurid thriller set in an Arizona trailer park, with Barrymore and her dad, Matt Frewer, finding themselves stuck in a trailer park. The trailer part is run by Susan Tyrrell and who's other residents include Richard Masur, Anthony Rapp and Jennifer Tilly, A series of murders start occurring at the park and the mystery of who's committing the murders is the main crux of the film, although the mystery isn't all that mysterious for anyone who's ever watched a thriller before. Written by Tommy Lee Wallace, who wrote the mini-series adaptation of "It" and the underrated "Halloween III: Season of the Witch," it's not a brilliant script, but the film does have a trashy appeal to it., even if the mystery isn't much of one. You also get Dick Miller as the town sheriff, so that never hurts.

• Nov 26, 2015

Welcome to mid-drift USA. I know it's hard to imagine, but this film takes place in a world before cellphones where people could actually be stranded. In Far From Home, preteen rape bate Drew Barrymore, her irresponsible writer dad, and some strangers become stuck in a probably radioactive trailer town in the Nevada desert because of a gas shortage. A series of mysterious homicides ensue, and the action lies somewhere in-between a palpable nightmare and a Sunday afternoon made-for-tv movie. Serious props to the stellar screaming and bad parenting acted out by Susan Tyrrell. Tagline: A highly philosophical x-con uses a sniper riffle--hip or dangerous?

• Jun 24, 2013

Don't waste ur time. Terrible script and acting. Just an overall weird movie about an emo teen visiting a creepy trailer park town with rapists and murdering teens. One of those movies drew Barrymore probably Regrets ever making. Pinky lol with his remote.

• Jun 22, 2012

Kept me interested from start to finish. Excellent performance from a VERY YOUNG <b> Drew Barrymore.

• Apr 02, 2012

Excellent plot. Drew AND Tïlly! need ï say more? Very schenïc parts of Arïzona ïn thïs one, makes me want to move there. Must see for Barrymore fans.

• Dec 06, 2011

it was a good film but it could have been better, I don't want to see it again, Drew Barrymore, Matt Frewer and Karen Austin starred in it, it was an ok film but I don't want it on DVD, ok film

• Jan 24, 2011

A cracking little seen ( in the UK at least) gem with a with performance of precocious sensuality from Drew Barrymore. The film owes a little to both exploitation an the surreal drama of David Lynch's films. It's not quite as artistic but it has an engaging quirkiness and atmosphere. Worth seeking out.