Far From Home - The Adventures Of Yellow Dog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Far From Home - The Adventures Of Yellow Dog Reviews

½ December 14, 2009
I used to watch this film all the time growing up. It's a good family film. It's kind of like Lassie in the sense that both an older and younger audience can enjoy the movie.
November 20, 2009
It's an alright family film. I've seen better though.
September 14, 2009
A teenage boy named Angus (Jesse Bradford) gets lost after he and his dad were involved in a major boat crash during a storm at sea. Now it's up to Angus to survive in the vast woodlands with sea all around him, but fortunately, he is keen on survival skills. But that's not all. Not only does Angus have two GREAT parents (Mimi Rogers and Bruce Davison) who refuse to give up on searching for him, he has a new pet dog, Yellow, that stays alongside him and helps tremendously by providing courage and companionship.
"Far From Home - The Adventures of Yellow Dog" is a GREAT movie. Many critics scorched the film by saying that it's predictable and a little cliched. Maybe it is, but so what!?! It's a great family drama that the whole family can sit and watch together time and time again and it's one movie that never gets old.

I don't know about everybody else, but I think "Far From Home - The Adventures of Yellow Dog" is an all-around great movie in every way. Mimi Rogers and Bruce Davison do a spectacular job of acting as great parents would in that situation, Yellow (Dakotah) is a smart dog that has a likable charm, and everybody else in the film does a good job of acting. Just as great is the film itself. There are parts full of suspense, feel-good sequences, and yes, you guessed it, parts that are tear jerkers. Not to mention that a perfect musical score is also included to give "Far From Home - The Adventures of Yellow Dog" an even higher boost.

I've always been a huge fan of almost any kind of drama movie, and the ones about survival are one of my favorite genres of drama. If you want a great family drama to add to your collection, if you're a dog lover, or if you like great survival or drama films in general, do yourself, your family, or whoever a huge favor and purchase "Far From Home - The Adventures of Yellow Dog" today! You will NOT regret it! I hope they make a DVD version of this movie one day. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2001. I love a lot of dog movies, and this one is one of my favorites of them.
June 19, 2009
Partners in survival. Friends for life.
½ April 27, 2009
this film is very good n make me lil sad haha
March 20, 2009
Good clean family movie! And a great remake of the classic Old Yeller story!!
½ January 27, 2009
"Homeward Bound" - bulldog and cat + boy = "Far From Home".
November 30, 2008
a good and entertaining family movie for all ages
November 23, 2008
Kiddie flick. Everybody's gotta start somewhere, right?
October 28, 2008
I loved it! It's such a classic and I enjoyed it! :D
October 18, 2008
this was a good boy and dog survival movie to watch as a kid.
July 5, 2008
One of those classic lost in the wilderness movies that are somehow still really good!
July 1, 2008
This movie probably deserves 5 stars as a kids' movie. But I am going to knock it down. Because I cried so much through this movie. Even though I knew the dog was going to alright. Stupid dog movies.
June 11, 2008
I saw this in junior high and loved it. It is a good movie.
June 10, 2008
it looks ok so i guess i want to see it.
½ May 27, 2008
I really liked this movie as a young boy.
May 23, 2008
Pretty decent kid-survives-because-of-brave-animal flick.
May 11, 2008
very good movie, I highly recommend it. The plot moves good, and the characters are believable. It did feel a bit short but otherwise a good film.
April 22, 2008
a boy and his dog, enough said.
½ April 3, 2008
standard issue... gay kid and dog lost in canada type movie. i hated this movie because the husband/father char was made into this blubbering shitbag waste of space...while the wife was this rock of logical thinking. God Damn pussification agenda marches ever onward.... I SAY NO MORE! FUCK YOU WHINING HUSBAND, GROW A PAIR...YOU FUCKING PUSSY, AND PUNCH YOUR WIFE IN THE TITS FOR MAKING YOU LOOK BAD.