Far Out Isn't Far Enough: The Tomi Ungerer Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Far Out Isn't Far Enough: The Tomi Ungerer Story Reviews

September 13, 2015
absolute awesome & smart! was sucked in after the first few seconds!
December 10, 2014
The film was a truly entertaining look at an iconoclastic artist. Leave it to the puritan US to pigeonhole him as a childrens book illustrator and see inconsistency in his erotic and anti-war/anti-racist political work. While it seemed clear to me that this gifted artist's work knows no bounds - art oozes from his pores. One could compare him to Duchamp (not his art) in the way that the artist is his own art. I enjoyed the editing of the piece, even the CG animations. It was often funny, sometimes apparently unintentionally so. Inspiring!
May 29, 2014
an amazing and inspirational tale... I highly recommend it.
½ May 24, 2014
No tiene desperdicio.
½ January 23, 2014
Interesting story, very fascinating main subject, and some very unique art.
November 16, 2013
Amazing. The ability to capture all the historical events in his life with simple yet powerful drawings makes me think; the right man at the right time.
June 22, 2013
One of the best documentaries I've seen recently. It was a compelling and insightful look at an artist you whose work you might have seen but never realized where credit was due. I highly recommend seeing this one as it presents his experiences through his eyes and words. It also features great animated scenes of his work.
May 22, 2013
I can remember seeing Tomi Ungerer's childrens' tales even though I wasn't aware of Ungerer himself. His animation and slight subversiveness remain in one's mind into adulthood. The real Ungerer is a wonderful introvert who has such an interesting and compelling life history.