Far Out Isn't Far Enough: The Tomi Ungerer Story Reviews

• Sep 13, 2015

absolute awesome & smart! was sucked in after the first few seconds!

absolute awesome & smart! was sucked in after the first few seconds!

• Aug 26, 2014

A great, simple, extraordinary man...a great, simple, extraordinary story. You will love Tomi and love the movie.It nourished my soul and brightened my future as a human being.

• May 29, 2014

an amazing and inspirational tale... I highly recommend it.

an amazing and inspirational tale... I highly recommend it.

• May 24, 2014

No tiene desperdicio.

No tiene desperdicio.

• Jan 23, 2014

Interesting story, very fascinating main subject, and some very unique art.

Interesting story, very fascinating main subject, and some very unique art.

• Nov 16, 2013

Amazing. The ability to capture all the historical events in his life with simple yet powerful drawings makes me think; the right man at the right time.

• Jun 22, 2013

One of the best documentaries I've seen recently. It was a compelling and insightful look at an artist you whose work you might have seen but never realized where credit was due. I highly recommend seeing this one as it presents his experiences through his eyes and words. It also features great animated scenes of his work.

• Jun 18, 2013

The film was a truly entertaining look at an iconoclastic artist. Leave it to the puritan US to pigeonhole him as a childrens book illustrator and see inconsistency in his erotic and anti-war/anti-racist political work. While it seemed clear to me that this gifted artist's work knows no bounds - art oozes from his pores. One could compare him to Duchamp (not his art) in the way that the artist is his own art. I enjoyed the editing of the piece, even the CG animations. It was often funny, sometimes apparently unintentionally so. Inspiring!

John B Super Reviewer
    May 22, 2013

I can remember seeing Tomi Ungerer's childrens' tales even though I wasn't aware of Ungerer himself. His animation and slight subversiveness remain in one's mind into adulthood. The real Ungerer is a wonderful introvert who has such an interesting and compelling life history.

• Sep 11, 2012

<a href="http://www.jaredmobarak.com/2012/08/24/far-out-isnt-far-enough-the-tomi-ungerer-story/">click for review</a>