Far Side of the Moon Reviews

• Oct 25, 2015

The transitions man, oh the transitions! Didn't know what to expect when I popped this gem into the dvd-player, so I was blown away. Everything about it from the black comedy to the akward social interactions to the space oriented themes just spoke to me as a person, so others might feel less enthusiastic about. But anyway, it is still a great movie, give it a chance!

• Jan 04, 2013

Film très intéressant et poétique.

Film très intéressant et poétique.

• Aug 23, 2012

An unusual film worth seeing more for the unique and brillant transitions between scenes than for the somber, slow- paced story. Basically a soliloquy by a 40-year old perennial student who has been obscessed by the space programs since he was a child. The writer, director, star (in dual roles) Robert LePage, a true auteur, developed the film from his stage performance. The student's bumbling problems lend some levity to this quirky story; his video for a SETI message to the Universe provides additional interest.

• Jun 06, 2012

L'oeuvre me gifle, carrément, et se hisse in extremis dans mon top 2 des films québécois. Je n'ai jamais, et quand je dis jamais, c'est jamais, vu un film québécois affichant tant de réalisme et d'audace à la fois, comme le documentaire d'un rêveur qui n'a plus rien à perdre. Robert Lepage est tout simplement incroyable et mérite amplement le titre de personnalité étant parmi les plus influentes dans l'univers artistique au Québec. Franchement, c'est digne des plus grands films québécois, quasi ex-aequo avec Léolo.

• Jun 02, 2012

A wonderful mix of nostalgia, nerdness, life's enigma, and longing.

A wonderful mix of nostalgia, nerdness, life's enigma, and longing.

• Dec 24, 2011

all in all, a delightful (and sometimes morose) rumination on our daily existence within the larger framework of science and politics. the sibling rivalry and exchanges were funny :)

• Apr 09, 2011

fresh sardonic quebecois tale about the space race, maternal attachments and growing up. i was in stitches for much of the show ;) the sibling brawls are hilarious and credible

• Dec 17, 2010

This quality stuff about close relationships shows in a subtle and realistic way how the personal history starting from the early childhood molds us and tends to make us to repeat persistently the same behavior, same mistakes and little by little hardwire our life as our emotions take charge. It takes a lot of work to get out that cage...

• Dec 17, 2010

Simply fabulous, a must-see-movie would I say...;)

Simply fabulous, a must-see-movie would I say...;)

• Nov 02, 2010

A tale of two brothers that evolves throughout the film. Really wonderful transitions that take you a moment to fully fathom. One of the better movies I had to read.