Fahrenhype 9/11 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fahrenhype 9/11 Reviews

December 20, 2018
An incredibly revealing documentary, FahrenHYPE 9/11 exposes the lies and deceptions of Michael Moore's anti-Bush propaganda film Fahrenheit 9/11. The filmmakers interview a number of political analysts who discuss the misleading statements and factual inaccuracies presented by Moore about the War on Terror and President George W. Bush. Additionally, several people that appeared in Fahrenheit 9/11 talk about how their interviews were manipulated and taken out of context. The narrative kind jumps around a bit, seemly going from topic to topic at random, and the interviews lack a consistent visual style; with some being in-studio while others are more man-on-the-street. Yet it's quite fascinating, and disturbing, to see how slick editing tricks were used to completely distort the truth and how many blatant lies were presented in the supposed "documentary" Fahrenheit 9/11. FahrenHYPE 9/11 has some weaknesses, but on the whole it makes a pretty convincing case against Moore and his unethical filmmaking practices.
June 14, 2018
Not very well thought out "documentary". Peterson was simply making an attempt to thwart truths but didn't come close to hitting the mark. Seems like a personal vendetta against Moore.
January 20, 2018
Bad micheal Moore documentary.
March 21, 2016
Of the anti-Michael Moore documentaries out there this is not one of the best. While there are some interesting sections, overall it doesn't amount to much.
½ October 13, 2013
EXCELLENT DIARRHEA for those who want to deny TRUTHS around the manipulation of the US citizens & thus the military around how powerful conservative Elites control the money of all but a handful of nations. Their control mechanism in the US is the "federal reserve"
½ October 10, 2013
Could they at least try to hide the fact that neo-con=Jew?

But seriously, after viewing these two, I dont know what to believe. Michael Moore is obvious liar, but the other side is full of overzealousness and wide reaching generalizations as well. I think the truth that was in both of these films would make a nice 10 minute documentary.
December 12, 2012
This film is a rebuttal, with a few points of view. Do not expect catchy phrases or music tracks.
November 17, 2012

"What did the Romans ever do for us?"-MONTY PATHON'S LIFE OF BRIAN

First off I don't hate republicans, they fight for my right to bare arms, but this "doc" didn't change my opion of Bush one bit. I'm not going to name, names, but the dude who phraised the Pariot Act made me ill. I actually felt sick. Nice try, you mother fuckers. P.S. Liberial hating Ann Colter is smoking hot!
November 12, 2012
This movie serves only to give a different view on the Moore's documentary about 9/11 and the Bush Administration. But the movie loses my attention and credibility when it makes racist comments against Muslims and glorifies the war in the Middle East as a defence of America's freedom.
October 13, 2012
Proving Moore made a movie of fiction and not facts.
July 30, 2012
Not the slam dunk movie I thought it would be. Moore is an idiot and uses editing to create a narrative that has little or no basis in reality. Moore is really an entertainer making movies for the left at which they can express their distaste for Bush. But he is NOT a documentarian in any way shape manner or form and I am tired of him passing himself off as one. I thought I would be getting a debunking of Moore's shoddy work; instead I got a defense of the Bush Doctrine. It was mildly informative at best. Not enough facts and "presenting the case" in my opinion.
July 16, 2012
Shows how much of an idiot Moore is. The sad part is that there are alot of Moore's out there in the world who would rather believe in his fairy tales than observe and see the truth. Case in point is the joker who said it wasn't as entertaining. Truth isn't about entertainment. It's about observation and analyzing the data.
July 8, 2012
Good to see someone will stand up to Michael Moore and stand up for what America REALLY stands for. Moore is a pig and a traitor. Lies like his are very easy to tell with some good imagery, charismatic delivery, and entertainment. But building off of a catastrophe the way he did is just sick. This s a good film for whatever patriotic Americans there are left in this country who aren't socialists and America-haters.
February 13, 2012
More BS to counter BS. This gets an extra half star because Michael Moore is a weasel. Anyone giving either Heit or Hype more than 1 star needs to stop drinking the Kool Aid.
½ July 25, 2011
I am very pleased to see a film come out to argue against the Michael Moore films, finally we get some answers to the questions Moore asks. We need objectivity to make up our own minds. Sadly this film seems to point out one or two lies told by Moore, puts his character into question, and then harps on how great American is with very little argument or explanation. It probably wasn't hard to find so many Bush admirers in a country that voted him in twice. This film is saying that Moore has his own political agenda which doesn't come across too much in his films. This was far from conclusive in my opinion. Moore wins.
February 1, 2011
A movie that shows the truth of just how far Michael Moore will go to spread his lies.
November 10, 2010
As I saw it, Farenheit 911 (Michael Moore, 2004) was a movie arguing that the War in Iraq is just about validating George W. Bush's Presidency. The film makes this case by showing evidence that we undertook the war for dubious reasons.

Farenhype 911 argues that Michael Moore hates America, and does this by arguing that the War in Iraq was justified.

See the difference?

That's why I didn't care for it.

This movie is just a rebuttal to Farenheit 911. It doesn't stand alone as a documentary, and for that reason, I found it pointless.

The worst thing, to me, about Farenheit was that it started this whole "dueling ideologies" approach to documentary filmmaking. Documentaries have always had a point of view, but now they're used specifically for political argument. I remember a magazine cover describing Farenheit as "a new kind of political weapon." And I found that sad, because I thought it was supposed to be a movie. This whole mindset throws that whole documentary form out the window and focuses on nothing but content. CROSSFIRE or THE MCGLAUGHLIN GROUP: THE MOVIE.

But let's try to talk about Farenhype 911 itself. It starts where Farenheit starts, with the election, saying this time that it was certified - get over it. Then it goes to September 11th, again like Farenheit, and says that Bush was at the school for five minutes, not seven (ooh!), and has the principal saying how great Bush is. Then it continues jumping from scene to scene in Farenheit, showing how Moore doctored footage and used things out of context to make his point. My question? WHO CARES?

Nobody in their right mind would see Farenheit 911 as objective fact - Michael Moore, notorious Liberal, is IN the damn film! So why do we need another film to refute it?

I can see the other side wanting to get their voice heard. That's why we have talk radio and shows like the aforementioned "Crossfire" or "Hannity & Combs". Why bring this into filmmaking?

The final message of Farenhype 911? Bush is great; Moore stinks.

Did I really need to watch a film to tell me that?
½ November 10, 2010
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]The counter-balance to Michael Moore's highly-successful and critically acclaimed "documentary?"[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]No. [/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Is it as entertaining as Michael Moore's movie? [/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]No.[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]But hey, nonetheless, with stellar interviews from people such as Anne Coulter (puke), Zel Miller and Ron Silver doing some really weird soliloquy's in Central Park, this movie does provide a fair and relatively balanced analysis of Michael Moore's movie. And yes, I use the word "movie" and not "documentary."[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]This movie suffers from many flaws--one of which being that it tries to follow Moore's movie to closely in structure and style--but there are some "nuggets" to take home.[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Watching Moore's movie, there were many things I knew were flat out wrong or simply lies, so it is good to have someone put it down in pictures since apparently people are more easliy swayed by images as opposed to logic.[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]For example, in Moore's movie, he eludes to the fact that then Governor Bush met with the Taliban in Texas. Not true. As Governor, yes, the Taliban did visit Texas. But this was under the Presidency of Bill Clinton and they never visited with Bush (Bush wouldn't do it). In fact, it was a visit organized by the State Department so the Governor of Texas wouldn't have even had any say in the visit in the first place.[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Also, the Carlyle Group, those evil war-mongering bastard connected to the Bush family--well, they were funded and originally started by anti-Bush billionaire George Soros. Funny how Moore never mentions that.[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Also, Moore shows a clip in the beginning of his movie of a newspaper article that says, "Recount Shows Gore Won Election." Despte that fact that CNN, Washington Post and NY Times all concluded that Bush did in fact win Florida in 2000, Moore uses a clip from the "Letters to the Editor" section of a small-town paper, increase the font of the headline, reorganizes it to make it look like a news story, and changes the date from December 5, 2000 to December 19, 2000.[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Ah yes, a [i]documentary[/i], right?[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]I don't pretend to take this movie as gospel. That would be hypocritical. Slamming one sides spin only to endorse the other.[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]But it proves a point: Michael Moore is a disingenious slime ball who manipulated the American people just as much as Dubya did. Although, I know, people didn't die.[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]But the world we live in is manipulated by other people's perceptions. I just wish that more people would supposedly saw through George Bush would have seen through Michael Moore.[/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]p.s. Is it just me, or does Ron Silver sound creepily similar to Christopher Walken in this movie?[/size][/font]
November 10, 2010
Not only a Republican must see but an American must see. Fahrenhype 9/11 brings up every anti-Bush, anti-American point and stomps it with the [b][i][u]TRUTH.[/u][/i][/b] Its nothing short of a 10!