Farewell My Concubine (Ba wang bie ji) Reviews

• Jan 16, 2020

9 8 9 10 8 10 9 10 9 9 = 91 2020/01/16 One of the best Chinese film in film history. Comprising wholesome in the aspect of history, portraying the story by strong affection of characters, Chen Kaige uses a proficient way to create a film and enhances it up to the classics film in Mandarin.

• Oct 29, 2019

Extremely beautiful but sad story

Extremely beautiful but sad story

• Sep 13, 2019

This is the Best Chinese Film I have ever seen. Best Script Best Performers Best Director. Best of the Best.

• Sep 05, 2019

Farewell My Concubine surely is complicated and dated in the area of sexuality and it is a very long movie, but it mostly doesn't feel too long given its solid pace, strong direction and an emotional first act. The story is flawed, but the characters are memorable and the film is so well shot, scored and epic in scope.

• Aug 28, 2019

The most beautiful movie and the actor I totally lost track of time

The most beautiful movie and the actor I totally lost track of time

• Apr 30, 2019

说好了一辈子,少一年、一天、一个时辰,都不是一辈子。

说好了一辈子,少一年、一天、一个时辰,都不是一辈子。

• Feb 03, 2019

The best movie ever produced in Chinese movie history.

The best movie ever produced in Chinese movie history.

• Jan 14, 2019

One of the classics, reminds me how great Chinese cinema could be before the money ruined it. Aged very well

• Jul 02, 2017

Love, friendship, betrayal, and desire. Direction and editing are succinct and effective, as the gap between each scene packs as much implication as the scenes themselves. Characters are genuine and sophisticated, with dilemmas between selfish and selfless acts. Acting is incredible across the board, so much so you start to wonder if this movie could be the "chicken or egg" to one of the protagonists' actual real life circumstances.

• Feb 13, 2017

Amazing production! One of my favorite film!!!!!

Amazing production! One of my favorite film!!!!!