Farinelli Reviews

• Aug 22, 2018

A lot of people seem to confuse their lust for a beautiful actor with the artistic merit of a film. This one really isn't very good, though rescued by the opera scenes.

• Sep 14, 2016

Un film che romanza fin troppo la vita dell'artista e che alla fine lascia ben poco allo spettatore.

• Jul 23, 2015

I know the movie isn't based on true history of Farinelli because little is known for that period, but i liked the end of the movie, in which Farinelli is fulfilled in love despite his cruel fate .

• Jul 13, 2015

Looks good but feels somehow empty, disjointed, and hard to be invested in.

Looks good but feels somehow empty, disjointed, and hard to be invested in.

• Feb 13, 2014

Farinelli, gives an idea of how it was the art of the period and the suffering of a Castrati such as Farinelli despite having apparently everything. The big flaw it suffers it's that drama and modernism exaggerate and breaks what happened in reality, but otherwise, is a well done film about the considered greatest castrati of all time.

• Dec 15, 2013

The depiction of Farinelli's sexuality and complicated thoughts towards his brother serves to be a vivid reflection of his dissatisfaction despite a successful career. However, the dramatized events have further deprived the audience of attention towards the excellent artificial castrato performance.

• Dec 10, 2013

Movie made me thankful during this season of thanks that I still have a pair!

Movie made me thankful during this season of thanks that I still have a pair!

• Nov 04, 2013

This movie, based in an era gone by poses an interesting account of the life of Farinelli, yet I can't stop myself from feeling like it is a giant ripoff of Amadeus! Both of the brothers are played to be gigantic fops. I could almost hear that stupid tittering laugh from Amadeus. The inferior brother like the much better predecessor is play to be the villain who only uses his brother's horribly mutilated "gift" as a means to an end when it was in reality, his father. I can't stand the histrionics presented in this film. If you're a fan of Opera or pretty pictures go ahead and watch this film, but otherwise just watch Amadeus, at least that is funny!

• Jun 03, 2013

Even though it borrows the name of a real person, the content is fiction, meaning they could have gone anywhere with it. It was entertaining in a trashy novel kind of way. It never rises above the level of just OK and that's too bad.

• Jan 19, 2013

I decided to watch this, after a friend recommended it to me. I usually find this type of film rather tedious to watch. Not this one however, I found it very easy to follow and really enjoyable to watch. May consider getting the DVD at some point in the future.