Farmageddon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Farmageddon Reviews

½ February 25, 2013
Raw milk heals but the government does not want this "real food" available to families!
February 17, 2013
modfree hates TNEMNREVOG
February 17, 2013
I choose not to eat meat or anything that comes from an animal but I do believe in protecting local organic farms that are trying to do the right things by providing non hormonal foods and ethical treatment of animals they raise.
January 2, 2013
I don't think the film is about Raw vs Pasteurized, the movie is about Americans choosing what they can and cannot eat. Yes, the USDA and FDA were created during times where food safety and quality was sketchy, but I think the tables have turned; the mass producers are now the sketchy ones and the local farms are cleaning up. Why? Local farms cannot afford to lose their customers, so they have to be extra careful about how they treat their products. Mass corporations have a huge safety net, however, it failed multiple times due to carelessness. I'm not really a milk drinker, but when Europe allows raw milk in most countries and has stick enforcement in place outbreaks concerning raw milk products are about 1.5% of all food toxicity outbreaks. I think the film shows the general concerns of the USDA and the FDA, but at the same time the bias against local organic food. Considering the extreme aggressive behavior over small farms, I have to wonder why they are entering a home, with children, ready to shoot. Again this film isn't about raw milk, it is about the slow extinction of small local farms and what the government is willing to do to achieve total processed food.
½ December 22, 2012
Yes, it's repetitive But ":repetition is the mother of learning" and It's worth a watch.I recommend watching as many food documentaries as you can handle.
December 11, 2012
It's pretty ridiculous that this is even an issue. Good stuff.
December 9, 2012
Being a grandchild of Native American farmers, who would now be called organic farmers, I found this poignant and important! The face of agriculture has changed and people need to know what our country is really about.
½ December 7, 2012
If you don't have any knowledge about naturally grown food, this movie may be too specific to be able to follow. But to those who are into agriculture, it's intriguing.
November 27, 2012
This is a great movie that opened my eyes to a very serious issue.
October 27, 2012
Eye-opening documentary about the decline of private farms
September 30, 2012
This is truly an insightful and must see movie. While it is largely anecdotal, this documentary depicts an up-and-coming grassroots (pun intended) movement to protect our unalienable right to freedom - food being at the forefront of this discussion. I find the portrayal of the abuse of government powers damning. Unfortunately, the discussion does not delve deep enough into the corporatist take-over of government entities to guarantee protections of their own inefficient and harmful practices, which in turn usurp the benefits of protection the government is supposed to provide its citizenry. Further discussion and highlight to these issues would certainly make for an excellent sequel. With Knowledge, power is reaffirmed.
August 19, 2012
This is an amazing, eye opening movie!!
August 9, 2012
The film is clear in its message. The ultimate deception and unabashed control of the USDA and U.S. government on our food supply is breathtaking. It is sad that some of the professional critics chose to wave their obviously bloated egos in an attempt to discredit the film. How can anyone listen to the story about the sheep farmers in VT and NOT remember what they must have gone through? Wake up people. What a sad state of affairs this all is. Most go through their lives, turning a blind eye to the injustices of what is happening within the farming and agriculture industry "because it doesn't pertain to them". Scientific experiments which have and will further affect our health and the health of future generations. And we sleep. As Thomas Jefferson was quoted in the opening moments of this extraordinary film, "If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Well said. And THAT folks, is exactly what is happening. Like it or not. Sound asleep or not. This film helps to wake us up, if we just will take notice. Bravo!
½ August 6, 2012
I never thought much about drinking raw milk, and here is a whole community that readily and daily seeks it, buys it and consumes it. A lot of unanswered questions in this film - like how is it that the US govt feels they can dictate what people buy and consume. If people want to drink raw milk, shouldn't that be their choice? There is obviously a lot of money to be made in the milk industry. Interesting yarn, that very much sides with the organic farmers, and a lot of questions pointed at the govt.
April 27, 2012
Informative and well made documentary.
April 21, 2012
Our government war on small farms is happening, while the real criminals who are altering, polluting and poisoning our foods gets a free pass...

Thomas Jefferson: ‚If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.‚?
April 21, 2012
Without question, this is an important and thought provoking film about the injustices perpetrated on our small farmers. See Food, Inc. first, and this second.
½ October 1, 2011
Bad title, good film ... USDA, STOP harassing local, independent farmers. Now, I'd like raw, grass-fed cow's milk, please.
September 24, 2011
If you are interested in health, civil liberties and the governments role in your life, this flic is a must see. It has some rough edges, but the subject matter are a bunch of lovable, honest and hard working agricultural entrepreneurs bringing tasty food to American tables. Polyface Farms (food inc.) participated and Canty captured scenes that will absolutely transport you to Virginia's fertile Shenandoah Valley. In this picturesque "office" setting Polyface owner Joel Salatin asks the interviewer "what does the government have against freedom"? And that reminded me of the Milton Friedman book/PBS series "Free to Choose". I live and work in Washington DC and used to have unflinching respect for my public servants. Unfortunately, the agenda of the USDA and FDA is now sickeningly clear. Its no longer to protect us but rather to lie, cheat and steal their way into expanding their own bureaucracy. I was thrilled to see GOP presidential hopeful Ron Paul quoted at the end and feel compelled to elect someone committed to personal freedom and liberty in the 2012 election. Thomas Jefferson would be ashamed if he could see us today. The soviet model failed. I don't know why American leaders keep stifling job creating entrepreneurs to try and follow a flawed model. Give me the freedom to choose!!!
July 11, 2011
So much for the land of the free