Farmageddon Reviews

• Dec 26, 2016

Pretty good effort at putting light into abuses by USA's autorities over the small farmers. The film also brings light on both sides of the issues. Some farmers wanted nothing to do with licences and were overly abused in return. The FDA then sporadically made all out swat teams assaults on health food stores to confiscate their produce. Very good arguments put forward toward small efficient farms, intelligent farming, compared to mass production. Some farmers have it quite right. Joel Salatin in particular makes perfect sense and his arguments win on all aspects. It is now getting obvious that monoculture is weakening food safety and health in many ways. Long term sustainability and efficiency without artificial additives are the goals for the future. I'm not saying GMO are to be banned, they could be useful, but... Added note: DVD extras contain a commentary by Sarma MelnGailis which was the subject of a Vanity Fair article this month, for stealing millions from her business and investors with her husband and going on the lam. We can see now what a psychopath looks like at about the time she met her husband. There was something not quite right with her already.

• Dec 26, 2016

• Oct 04, 2016

One of the most important films I've ever seen. Certain scenes have stuck with me for years.

• May 12, 2015

Pretty standard documentary. I was disappointed that no one had a solution to the problem other than to enact inequality. No one said let the market decide, they said let us have a different level of regulations on big agribusiness than small agribusiness. How do we decide, how do you set a number that says this is too big or this is too small for a set of regulations. The best part was watching this with my father-in-law saying "Just do what we did in the old days and shoot the bastards"

• Jul 13, 2014

Everyone must watch!

Everyone must watch!

• Jul 13, 2014

If you begin your documentary by misquoting Thomas Jefferson with a politically distorted version of his actual text, how can the rest of the information to follow be appreciated or believed? Regardless of how many truths are in your message, it's negated by the the twisted delivery.

• Mar 16, 2014

A must see for everyone who thinks that they live in the land of the free.

A must see for everyone who thinks that they live in the land of the free.

• Oct 19, 2013

ideological bull that I had to stop after 5 minutes. just NO.

ideological bull that I had to stop after 5 minutes. just NO.

• Sep 20, 2013

Watch it on Netflix, it's brilliant

Watch it on Netflix, it's brilliant

• Aug 14, 2013

This is a must watch documentary for everyone and probably the most important domestic issue of our time. It's infuriating. It will make you want to get off your ass and actually do something productive. It might even make you realize how important it is to spend a few extra bucks on the organic stuff. Reckanize!