The Fate of the Furious Reviews

• Sep 02, 2019

found it to be tons of fun

found it to be tons of fun

• Aug 12, 2019

It's exactly everything I'd expect in a fast & furious movie at this point. The cartoon physics are completely ridiculous, and the characters may as well be superheroes at this point with the amount of explosions and gunshots they survive. The new characters are all ok, even Charlize Theron's villain, despite her motivations being of the clichéd "trying to cause world war III type". The movie doesn't work as well as a standalone flick due to everything it expects its audience to remember from the last few flicks. The final setpiece is so ridiculous as to strain suspension of disbelief, but then again, as it has been with the last couple of movies in the fastchise, you get exactly what is advertised, which is a fun ride.

• Aug 10, 2019

I have to say that I'm not a particular fan of The Fast & Furious franchise. The initial premise wasn't very appealing to me and later on I just couldn't bother to tune in. Recently, though, their movies had acquired a significant amount of star power and had become some of the highest grossing films of all-time so I was naturaly intrigued. This one is the eight entry in the franchise so one might think that it would've become somewhat stale. Fortunately, Fast and Furious was able to evolve over time with each entry after the fifth trying to out-do the former with more and more over-the-top, cartoonish action. And this one is no different. There are scenes with hundreds of cars flying and crashing all over the place, secret Russian nuclear submarines exploding beneath ice and Jason Statham fighting while carrying a baby. If that sounds a bit ridiculous it's because it absolutely is and if you like that sort of stuff you'll probably have at least some fun watching the film. And I did - have some fun. Objectively, this film suffers from a lot of problems. A lot of them you can set aside primarily due to the sheer cheesiness of the movie but some do deter from the enjoyment. The pacing sometimes drags near the middle of the runtime when there's a lot of dialogue which just isn't the film's main strength. The plot is also very basic and feels like a rehash of thematics depicted a hundred times before. As I've said there is still some fun to be had with this movie and it apsolutely embraces its corniness. It's a 3 for me.

• Aug 07, 2019

fate of the furious was alright, but it's my 3rd least favorite of the series

fate of the furious was alright, but it's my 3rd least favorite of the series

• Aug 06, 2019

I didn't like the plot. They could've done that a different way.

I didn't like the plot. They could've done that a different way.

• Christopher O Super Reviewer
    Aug 05, 2019

The latest installment is the first without Paul Walker and it tries a new direction which is fresh but muddled and mainly because Charlize Theron is a horrible villain. Great stunts and some good scenes but this franchise is getting old. 08-02-2019

• Aug 04, 2019

Lot of action and explosive scenes. High tech gadgets. A man's kid gets kidnapped and he's forced to get a briefcase while his friends believe he's turned and are after him.

• Aug 03, 2019

The 2nd Fast film I saw in theaters, I liked 7 more but 8 wasn't a disappointment, Rock & Statham knock it completely out of the park.

• Aug 02, 2019

They continue to make it more fast and more furious!

They continue to make it more fast and more furious!

• Aug 02, 2019