Fast Getaway - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fast Getaway Reviews

May 2, 2015
This should have been in theaters not direct to video. The "I got the feelin' " Dad dance is priceless!
September 15, 2014
9/13/2014: Mostly a dull, cheesy movie. Very forgettable.
November 20, 2013
corey haim and leo rossi(plays the dad in the movie) has a good believable offbeat relationship and also liked the actress that plays nelson's mom lorraine. cynthia rothrock cant act at all and you can tell is just there for eye candy same thing with the actress that plays hunni. overrall a good breezy little movie that could of been better.
½ March 11, 2012
Goofy heist film that seemed to be on HBO every day I got out of school from 4th though 6th Grade. Harmless and kind of fun, but ultimately forgettable.
December 11, 2011
I remember seeing this on TV when I was a kid and didn't have cable. Ah, the good ole days.
½ November 12, 2011
Classic Corey Haim. Okay, it's not a great movie, but it is enjoyable, and I never have a bad word to say about Corey.
August 18, 2011
Corey haim and Leo Rossi work spectacular with one another, forming a relation that I wish I had with my father.
September 2, 2010
Corey Haim's death at the age of 38 this past year left a sour taste in my mouth. Mainly just like River Phoenix, I often wonder, what could've been. While I know the circumstances are different, as Phoenix was still working quite constantly, and died while still doing major productions, and Haim hadn't done a major production in nearly 20 years, due to his numerous problems. I still wonder, how an actor with Haim's natural charisma and tremendous on screen personality that he brings to the table, that had he not made the wrong decisions, what could've been? And he had some promising projects on the horizon. Was a comeback far behind? We'll never know.

In 1991, Haim's decline in career was beginning. But to me "Fast Getaway", was a fun, entertaining comedic and lighthearted matinee thrillride, that was actually fun in a B-Movie type of way. The movie was not realeased in theaters in the United States, and saw a very brief release in select Canadian theaters, mainly in Toronto and Vancouver.

Haim plays Nelson, a member of a gang of Bank Robbers, lead by his father, played by Leo Rossi, an always reliable character actor, who is best known for his role as the filthy cheerleader in the unforgettable rape scene in "The Accused" with Jodie Foster. Here Rossi & Haim make a fun and energetic team, loving what they do, and also enjoying there way of bonding.

However, the team splits up after a bad falling out, but that doesen't stop the father and son from continuing. Annoyed by this is the really quirky in your face bombshell ex-gang member played by Cynthia Rothrock, as she and her bumbling dork of a companion, take matters into there own hands, as Sam (Rossi) is thrown in the slammer, and Nelson is kidnapped by the rebellious duo and forced to work for them.

Nelson now must figure things out, how to get out of this situation, and put things back together again.

This film is definitely full of plotholes, but by the end I was satisfied with what I saw. Maybe it was because when I first saw this movie, I was 15, stuck indoors on a rainy Summer weekend, and I didn't waste any time. Yes, even a film critic can like a movie, if the movie is put on at the right time in the right way.

But I have to say, despite being on a downward spiral, Haim is top notch here. I could've forseen him doing films like this, with people like Eddie Murphy, or even Jim Carrey in the future. But he burned too many birdges and screwed himself over.

You can tell Haim is still trying to maintain a good reputation as an actual actor here, but that don't matter when the term "You'll Never Work in this Town Again" is all too true in Hollywood.

However, Fast Getaway, may be a reminder of what could've been, but it's not sad to watch, it's quite enjoyable and fun. Sometimes as a film critic, you just gotta relax.
½ July 12, 2010
Ok , even I expected the end of film that way. I don`t know what to say.
I`m not very delighted.
½ March 15, 2010
watch out, some early 90s hijinks ensue upon putting this in your dvd player.
November 24, 2008
One Of Haims Better Movies....
October 25, 2008
Corey Haim is sooo cute!! and this is just such a funny movie...totally worth it
September 5, 2008
my fav really enjoyd it
½ August 22, 2008
the best corey haim film of all time irregardless of his disappointing personal life this film is interesting with his slick-ass cool comedic perfromance this is again next to "the big hit" the most underrated action/comedy film of all time!
½ July 30, 2008
funny,there bank robbers
July 17, 2008
Worth watching it just to see Corey Haim dressed as a woman. A nice, fun film for those days when you just want to forget about the world and dive into some cheesy escapism, and I agree with my sisters that back in the day Corey Haim's pretty boy looks made a film a little more enjoyable.
June 21, 2008
i saw it about 15 year ago and i like to see it agin
June 1, 2008
Was in love with Corey at the time of this movie but looking back on it now....it's not that impressive ok to watch
½ April 6, 2008
This movie is a hamhock.
March 21, 2008
great comedy.unknown to some.