Fast Girls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fast Girls Reviews

May 4, 2016
Extremely entertaining and fun to watch. The ending is predicted halfway through its runtime, but nevertheless the pace and girl power keeps the energy going till the end.
November 16, 2015
To be quite honest, Fast Girls deserves a better name, and a better case cover. You pick it up and think its some Disney-Channel crap film (think Bring It On, that cheerleader movie). Its really a fairly serious and entertaining movie about overcoming odds to compete in Olympic track. Its not without its cheesy moments, but Fast Girls isn't just a d-league sports film.
September 14, 2015
A feel good cash-in movie as it coincided with the London Olympics. The rivalry storyline is predictable and there is a complete disdain for how Athletic competition and process actually works with some of the scenes that are depicted.
January 17, 2015
Entertaining and uplifting, good performances from all make this an interesting crowd pleaser.
January 13, 2015
Eye candy. Jesus though, look at that graphic design on the poster! When was THAT made, the 80s? Photoshop, people!
September 28, 2014
Devoid of anything remotely unique, yet still winning in its portrayal of rivalry and athletic triumph, Fast Girls is a rather predictable yet charming picture.
August 4, 2014
This was kind of promising but soon became a bore. Good csst but utterly wasted and such terrible cliched characters!!!!!!
June 22, 2014
It's enjoyable but nothing spectacular. Reminded me a lot of Bend It Like Beckham. Still it was entertaining at times...
½ April 27, 2014
Entertaining, watchable, but predictable and cheesy to the extent I called "Freeze Frame" and it did. Nothing will surprise you about this film... but... I enjoyed it. Well done, well performed and despite the predictability it got a joyful winning tear out of me and I cheered the ending. Team GB go go go!
½ April 27, 2014
just a great feel good movie
April 27, 2014
The sort of painting by numbers feel good sporting comedy drama that Britain does so well. Good performances by all involved.
April 21, 2014
well ummm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is an enjoyable movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that lenora chichlow, lily james, bradley james, lorraine burroughs, rupert graves (from the brilliant tv series doctor who), noel clarke (from the brilliant tv series doctor who, Auf Wiedersehen Pet), play good roles/parts thorughout this movie......i think that the director of this drama/art house/international/special interest movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.......YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENS AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......i think that this is a really predictable movie 2 watch but its such a really feel good family movie 2 watch with a good cast thorughout this movie.......sure its not a classics movie but its an enjoyable feel good movie 2 watch......i think that both noel clarke/ rupert graves were great throughout this movie.......i think that this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch sure it is nothing special 2 watch its an enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie........i think that this is such a feel good movie 2 watch......i think that this is such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie.....i think that this is an enjoyable movie 2 watch......i think that this is a really feel good movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie......
January 17, 2014
Just ok. Predictable.
October 12, 2013
This film is worth adding to your collection!!!!
August 7, 2013
Charming. I wasn't too fond of the main character, but I liked Lisa quite well, so it was alright.
July 9, 2013
This movie is inspiring and I loved it so much it was just breathtaking. Plus it has Bradley James in it.
½ June 30, 2013
Really good + inspiring
May 18, 2013
Great patriotic film. I loved it!
March 19, 2013
There is a girl who has talent but has had a bad upbringing. BOO HOO! and then she has a conflict with another runner on the relay squad which threatens the chances of success for the whole team. OH NO! but then something unexpected happens, they build a good relationship and manage to work together to go on to win in dramatic fashion. YAY!!
Sorry if I spoiled anything but as you can see, nothing out of the ordinary formula for a failure to success sports film.
March 11, 2013
Predictable but winningly made against-the-odds, underdog, rags-to-riches story with plenty of genuinely air-punchingly exciting sequences and a moving thread about family by choice as apposed to family by genetics. Anchoring it all is Lenora Crichlow's superb lead performance. This is what Rocky wished it could be. Try not to cry like I did.