Faster - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Faster Reviews

January 15, 2017
Not a bad action/revenge film. The Rock can act.
½ December 4, 2016
Wow, so amazing! So gripping, compelling, hurtful, painful, tearful, and joyful. Please watch it, and after you watch this please watch WarRoom, you won't be disappointed. Thank you :)
½ September 20, 2016
9/20/2016: An ok film. Rock doesn't speak much and just kills his enemies.
August 6, 2016
2016-08-06 not well resolved
August 3, 2016
Action movie with a good story and a good leader as Dwayne Johnson. A good moment spent watching this picture.
jamrcla
June 29, 2016
Good film nice action, It's Dwayne Johnson doing what he should be doing, A very simple but effective story and a good twist at the end.
½ June 19, 2016
Faster is a decent film. It is about an ex-con who gets on a series of apparently unrelated killings. Dwayne Jonson and Billy Bob Thornton give good performances. The script is a little slow. George Tillman Jr. did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the action and drama.
April 29, 2016
It's trying to take itself more serious than it is. Sure there are some good moments throughout, but the emotions are all over the place, there is little character development, and the twists and turns don't really work.
½ March 20, 2016
Had some real cheesy scenes.
½ February 6, 2016
At first I found the movie exciting, then it quickly made me feel like I didn't like where the story was going. Near the end I was hooked back in and enjoyed the twist at the end, but it was predictable unfortunately. I enjoyed Dwayne Johnson's acting though. 3.5/5
January 9, 2016
This movie had thug life Dwayne Johnson, and I really liked that. I actualy injoyed watching this film, and how hard-core the Rock is. It's like a Die Hard revenge movie, but more impossible.
December 28, 2015
I don't feel it is as bad as everyone thinks. Its definitely not The Rock's best but it isn't his worst. Its your typical revenge film, with a couple nice action scenes and mehhhhh acting. There is one scene between the Rock and one of the men he's hunting who turned into a preacher that is damn good. All in all, just a plain modern day action film.
½ October 19, 2015
Tough and direct revenge thriller, although the addition of a neurotic third party assassin gives it a disjointed feel.
October 15, 2015
The Rock is a bad mamma jamma!
September 25, 2015
Unbelievably slow & predictable. A rotten movie.
August 25, 2015
Not a typical action movie storyline and truly wasn't expecting much. Pleasantly suprised.
August 17, 2015
My potentially less-refined-self absolutely loved this movie, and maybe I wouldn't years later, but I found its brooding revenge tone to be perfectly engaging, aside from some suspension-of-belief twists.
½ August 2, 2015
A mildly entertaining actioner plagued by weak dialogue and cardboard acting.
August 2, 2015
Revenge thrillers are my favorite type of action film. They are intense, fast pace, and have you rooting for the bad guy, who may not be so bad after all. My favorite revenge thriller is Payback with Mel Gibson, but Faster may be a close second. The Rock stars in a role that is absolutely perfect for him. The unnamed man was set-up for a crime his brother committed, a crime, that saw his partners turn on him and kill him. Now after nearly a decade in jail, The Rock is out and seeking revenge. With his size, intimidation, and weird eye brows, The Rock finds out who his brother was working with and goes on the hunt. Realizing this, the man who set everything up, hires a hit-man to stop him, and the chase is on. I do believe that wrestlers can be great action stars, but The Rock never really did anything for me until now. This cold, calculating man, out for revenge is by far better than any character he's ever played. If The Rock was alone in this film, it wouldn't have been as great as it was. He is paired with Billy Bob Thornton, playing a washed up, alcoholic cop, who is days away from retirement. He really doesn't need or want this case, but winds up stuck in the middle with some pretty funny moments. Thornton is one of those guys who is good in anything and always brings his unique and dry brand of humor to every role. The pairing of the two, in an intense, fast paced, story make this film an absolutely must see movie that shouldn't be missed.
½ July 30, 2015
Faster was a lot better than I had expected it to be, but it still wasn't particularly special. Its a fairly typical revenge flick, with Dwayne Johnson playing a tough ex-criminal driven to hunt down those responsible for killing his brother. He doesn't speak much, drives his vintage sports car, and punches people. Pretty Dwayne Johnson-esque. Surprisingly however, the action isn't as heavy as you would derive from its generic title and muscular cast. The film does aim for a moral theme, though its pretty much tacked on.

There aren't any acting jobs worth writing home about, though no one was poor enough to mock either. Johnson, Cohen, and Thornton all stay true to their characters and clearly play them how the director wanted it to be done.

Faster is a short action flick, one that will entertain its intended audience, and likely be forgotten by the end of the month.