Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! Reviews

• Marisol M Super Reviewer
    Mar 27, 2021

Metaphorically speaking, if Tarantino slept with a little style Bible on the side of his bed, it would be this film (with 'Death Proof' being its most obvious beneficiary). There is just something about 'Pussycat!' All at once, it's mega sexy, cheeky, dangerous, charming, villainous, AND valiant. I love the iconic framing, how towering our anti-heroines are in the vastness of the scorching desert. Forget brass balls - each one of these ladies have brass breasts and an infectious "give zero eff's" fearlessness. I enjoy everything Russ Meyer is throwing in our faces about perceptions of gender dominance, and the parallels between our thirst for violence and our thirst for sex are hard to ignore. I guess I've gotten bogged down with too many modern-day meta attempts at exploitation, because it's damn refreshing to watch an unironic exemplar actually from the grindhouse boom of the 60s. All hail Tura Satana. 'Pussycat!' will be heavy on the rewatch rotation.

• Jan 09, 2021

1001 movies to see before you die. One of those "so bad it's good" cult flicks. I don't need to see it again. It was on YouTube.

• Jun 23, 2020

What cult movies are supposed to be. Classic Russ Meyer.

What cult movies are supposed to be. Classic Russ Meyer.

• Nov 23, 2019

Great bodacious fun. Campy with great lines. A tour de force for Tura Satana.

Great bodacious fun. Campy with great lines. A tour de force for Tura Satana.

• Mar 31, 2019

As bizarre and frustrating as it is engaging, this is a film that's aged quite well into a time of irony and hyper-brutality.

• Nov 08, 2018

This film was almost good.

This film was almost good.

• Apr 28, 2018

forget my rating but I was pleased with this film. I was, expected it to be an X film (I was reluctant at watching it) but turns that it's…. about reckless, heartless ( I have to say) female caracters who do refresh and entertain me so well. A B- film that's a little bit of an artistic work too. Quite cool. Violent female caracters can be just so efficient.

• Mar 27, 2018

I came in expecting to find exploitation. And I found exactly that. But underneath that, something truly astonishing. A detailed look into the human psyche: the animal and desire to kill in everyone, ambition to accomplish a goal to feel like you matter, raw emotions that constantly boil up and the innocence that can never return. Underneath boobs.

• Jun 08, 2017

Cult sexploitation movie about some sexy go-go dancers who drive around the Las Vegas desert in really fast cars, fight, shoot people, talk like bad-asses, have sex with anonymous strangers, and die. This no doubt, exerted an influence over the Quentin Tarantino style of films and it still looks pretty good.

• Feb 04, 2017

Cult sexploitation movie about some sexy go-go dancers who drive around the Las Vegas desert in really fast cars, fight, shoot, talk like badasses, have sex with anonymous strangers, and die. This no doubt, exerted an influence over the Quentin Tarantino style of films and it still looks pretty good.