Fat Albert - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fat Albert Reviews

½ July 19, 2014
While this film has it's share of cheesiness and over the top acting, it still accomplishes it's goal of being funny. So if you haven't seen it, check it out!
July 17, 2014
Great film despite what critics say full of humor and quite a sad ending, but is picked up in the credits!
½ July 4, 2014
It was hilarious, and sad at times. A great movie don't listen to the critics:)
June 22, 2014
a film that stars kenan and kels kenan thomson brings what is probably his best film. thats not saying much considering he played in good burger. but still this film has a few laughs and plays homage to the show quite well its worth a watch if youve seen the show.
½ June 14, 2014
Better than most people give it credit. It's done in a good natured way but still not good enough even if it does provide occasional good moments.
½ May 10, 2014
This terribly unfunny adaptation of the classic Cosby cartoon is not worth the time filmmakers put into the making of it. It is a lame idea, if the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" movie was so derided for it's premise, who would think doing something similar with "Fat Albert" was a wise idea? At least the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" movie had some genuine laughs and was generally true to the tone of the source material, being self referential and using hokey puns and bad jokes for humor. This is not too true to the original, Fat Albert was a cartoon that tended to be about lessons and ethics, and while there is a thin plot about a girl with bad self esteem, it is mostly a movie about cartoon characters coming to the modern real world and learning how things are different outside of their toon world and learning about rap. It isn't funny, the cast looks ridiculous, and the movie is just plain bad. If you want to have fun with Fat Albert, go learn a lesson with the original.
April 21, 2014
well ummm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is an alright movie 2 watch.....it is nothing special but its an alright movie 2 watch.....its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that kenan thompson, kyla pratt, shedrack anderson 3, jermaine williams, keith robinson, play good roles/parts throughout this movie.......i think that the director of this comedy/kids/family movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.......i think that this is an enjoyable childrens movie 2 watch......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie........the cameos were::

Cameo appearances
Aaron Carter as Darren (credited as "Teen")
Fonzworth Bentley as Salesman (as Derek 'Mr. Bentley' Watkins)
Jeff Garlin as Jerry (uncredited)
Joel Madden as Classmate with Mohawk (uncredited)
Mase as Himself (archive footage)
Nick Zano as Classmate

were good thorughout this movie in there cameos throughout this movie......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......

the voice overs throughout this movie were:::

Voices::
Josh Uhler as Teen #3
Jeremy Suarez as Russell
Raven-Symoné as Danielle
Bill Ratner as Announcer

i think that this is an enjoyable childrens movie 2 watch.....its got good animation throughout this movie.....YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THORUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENS AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....i think that this is an enjoyable movie 2 watch with a good cast thorughout this movie.......
February 23, 2014
I was amazed when they came out with a new Fat Albert unbelievable you found the best actors to play in it too I extremely love this movie
½ January 21, 2014
The movie has heart but execution is poor.
½ December 31, 2013
It relies on the characters too much and there's little plot to it, but Kenan Thompson is great as the main character
December 30, 2013
I really want to see this movie
October 13, 2013
It was alright, but 23%?! Wow!
August 29, 2013
I feel like if this movie was completely animated like how it was from the beginning... and had better writers, the film would have been MUCH better and MUCH more enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, Kenan Thompson does a GREAT job as our oversized hero, (though he falls flat at times) but I feel like he should have stuck to being a voice actor for a cartoon character, not a counselor for a whiney teenage girl... who nearly ruins the film for me... no seriously, the character of Doris is probably one of the worst things about this movie.
July 22, 2013
although it did have its dull moments, fat albert is funny and fun for the whole family
½ July 21, 2013
Kenan Thompson is so Funny!! If he was funny in Saturday night live he's funny in this one
June 20, 2013
a bit cliché and cornball, but it made me laugh.
June 17, 2013
The movie was a good and funny family movie. My friends and I watched at my party and they thought it was hilarious.
½ June 16, 2013
This movie is pretty dumb.
½ June 8, 2013
It's sad to say that the live-action version of Fat Albert is not as fabulous as its cartoon material, plus it's a lot less fun and lacks sufficient humour.
May 9, 2013