Fat Girls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fat Girls Reviews

December 2, 2015
I wasn't bored with "Fat Girls" and it was pretty good for a low budget film.
July 13, 2013
Cobbled-together amateur effort, though not without a smidgen of charm. Granted, that charm lies more in the moments of transgressive John Waters-esque comedy than in the sentimental coming of age story.
August 20, 2011
I couldn't make it through the entire movie. It wasn't what I was expecting. Just blah.
November 27, 2010
fat girls an interesting comedy film.
November 9, 2010
I don't know how to feel about this flick, it's a fun mix between a serious story with teenage issues, and making fun of everything.

I did like it, but it didn't really give me that yeaaahh feeling, it was just blah.
April 4, 2009
Awsomeness put on film!
½ March 8, 2009
This movie has some laugh out loud scenes and is about a high school senior who comes to terms with not just being gay, but accepting and liking himself.
January 24, 2009
Really low quality, kind of boring and stupid. I mean, it's about gays and outcasts, so how good could it be, right? No, but seriously, its heart's in the right place, but really it's not that good.
January 5, 2009
Surprisingly likeable. A unconventional story with a terrific message. It's not without some flaws, but, as gay movies go, this one is quite recommended...
January 4, 2009
Oh how this movie was a disappointment. What I like about this movie was the dry humor shared between Rodney and Sabrina, and her facial expression throughout the whole thing. Nothing else in the movie really did anything for me.
December 29, 2008
Low budget but a good screenplay and well developed characters make up for it. Funny and touching, sincere performances. Believably and amusingly told.
½ December 7, 2008
Not a bad movie all together. It is a fun story but I think it is missing something. I just can't figure out what that something is. I had fun watching this movie and really that is what the movie experience is about.
December 5, 2008
i loved this film comfort food for the inner weirdo thats in all of us and yes i can sincerley say that i am a fat girl and damn proud of it
bbcfloridabound
October 23, 2008
This one is hard to find, I got mine from Net Flix, it wasn't the movie I was looking for but watched it anyway. Very factual with todays world, enjoyable, funny, and sad. Worth renting
October 4, 2008
A typical coming-of-age movie without any interesting hunk.
September 9, 2008
Meh, it was amusing, somethings were a bit odd.
½ September 8, 2008
meh. a few gestures and conversations that are positively realistic but otherwise, not really...riveting?
½ August 29, 2008
The movie has a good message and is a decent amount of fun, but it's been done and this film offered me nothing new. Sadly enough, the whole time I was watching, I was thinking about how I even liked Gypsy 83 better. At least it had an angle.
August 8, 2008
Other movies did it better, and it trying to be funny and indie while often relying on low-level-teen-movie humour to carry it. Fails mostly for not being funny, the acting being so-so, the characters two-dimensional and the lazy script disappearing with barely a whimper at the end. That and the fact that 'fat girl' as metaphor for 'gay' is the barest metaphor imagineable. It did have some good points; the wordless scene with the drag queen in the club was handled beautifully, and Johnathan Couette is great.