Fat Man and Little Boy Reviews

• Jan 09, 2020

Story of human sacrifice for the advancement of W'sMD. The White Man builds bombs to kill all his enemies NOW.

• Dec 22, 2019

Between 2.5 and 3 stars. It talks about very interesting issues, but sometimes treats them in a shallow way.

• Dec 08, 2019

Instead of a continuous narrative, the movie is a series of vignettes that really keep you from engaging with the characters anymore than recognizing that they're on rails laid down by the knowledge that everything worked out Also, there was a lot of miscasting: Newman was above the way Groves was written, and Schultz was below the level needed to portray Oppenheimer's nuances Throw in John Cusack as occasional scene filler, and this movie is just a hodgepodge barely glued together by historical interest

• Aug 25, 2019

I would like to see more movies similar to this o

I would like to see more movies similar to this o

• Nov 27, 2018

It is just OK. Difficult to recommend except to people who are really interested, but those people will be upset by the insertion of fictional characters and events. Ignores that the Japanese were still killing 20,000-50,000 Chinese per month in late 1945 (more than were killed by the bombs).

• Oct 12, 2018

A solid three star movie; should have been given a better script. So much potential wasted and far too much historical info for just one movie.

• Oct 03, 2018

I have an Uncle who piloted a landing craft at Iwo Jima. He sent me a copy of the declassified plan to invade Japan. The U.S. military estimated, based on the expected ferocious defense as those encountered at Iwo Jima, that there would be one million American casualties and twenty million Japanese casualties. Somehow the fim's writers decided that this wasn't relevant.

• May 20, 2017

Well acted, well written film about the most pivotal moment in the history of the earth, one which could well mean the destruction of all life on the planet, or of the planet itself. A talented cast vividly brings to life that moment in history.

• Mar 13, 2016

To sum this film up: Nothing happens for two hours and then they blow up the Bomb. There was so much drama that could be milked from the Manhattan Project, but we end up learning nothing about the actual development of the bomb or even any character insights. Things just happen. What a waste. Manhattan may be over the top in making everything a zero sum game, but at least it gives us a reason to care about these people.

• May 20, 2015

good historical drama about the atom bomb and it's creation.

good historical drama about the atom bomb and it's creation.