Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead Reviews

• Nov 24, 2018

The movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead is a very inspirational and heartwarming film. It has so much to teach you about eating healthy and addresses a very real and important problem in America. This movie made me think twice about my eating habits and even try the juice (mean green juice). In this movie Joe Cross starts off with a goal to lose weight in 60 days just by drinking his Mean Green Juice and to be healthy enough to stop taking his eleven pills he has to take a day. Joe Cross is able to accomplish his mission by influencing himself. He influences himself by degrading himself. This is an awkward way to think but for Joe it worked. After he accomplished his 60 days he went for a check up and no longer had to take his medication. It worked, he reached his goal!! I really hope this movie encourages people to buy a juicer or hopefully lose weight (not criticizing). My feelings regarding this topic are very positive and I totally agree with what Joe Cross is trying to convey throughout this movie.

• Dec 16, 2017

Very inspirational and heartwarming film.

Very inspirational and heartwarming film.

• Jul 19, 2017

Everybody should watch this video fat sick and nearly dead it has so much to teach you about eating healthy and changing things like your blood pressure or your diabetes or your anxiety are you sleep etc. etc. your energy I certainly would like to pass with on watch the video Mandy

• Oct 14, 2016

Didn't learn anything super new, but it was an interesting enough watch - although I think the juice detox is a little extreme the whole concept of micronutrients and eating more fruit + vegetables than anything else is very valid and more people should follow it.

• Aug 03, 2016

A real life changer if you have the discipline.

A real life changer if you have the discipline.

• Jul 31, 2016

The movie is actually quite accurate. Fresh vegetable meals juice meals are cheap comparative to the Junk food people eat. The energy levels in body are noticeably better with in 5-7 Days. Scientifically makes sense as modern cooked diet lacks the nutritional gains. The idea that the body is forced to use it's reserves of Fat makes complete sense considering the person , only took fresh vegetables and fruits so the body was forced to use its fat cell reserve naturally

• Jan 31, 2016

Have you ever had a friend who discovers a new diet, and suddenly they're ALL about it? Every conversation you have with them turns to their diet, and they start judging your lifestyle and food choices? Take that and stretch it over 1 1/2 hours, and that's the experience of watching Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead is less a documentary and more a feature-length infomercial for juicing. Joe, the main character, decides to go on a 60-day cleanse, then proceeds to drive around the United States having condescending conversations with overweight Americans about their nutrition. There's a little bit of science thrown in for credibility sake, but that takes a hard backseat to the film's unchallenged claim that juicing is the revolution that mankind needs to be healthy. The problem is, the film is no interest in addressing any of the criticisms of juicing, which most nutritionists think is pseudoscience at best and dangerous and detrimental to your health at worst . This film never mentions any doubts or critiques of the approach, it's sole intent is to sell you a product to the point where there is even an invitation in the credits to visit Joe's website to start your own Reboot (with a capital R). If you want a documentary that tackles obesity with any sort of depth, skip this flick.

• Jan 29, 2016

glad i got a juicer!

glad i got a juicer!

• Jan 11, 2016

Slightly motivating, but after 90 minutes, I still don't really understand the difference between macronutrients and micronutrients, other than that micronutrients are better and are found in all of the foods I avoid.

• Sep 07, 2015

It made me purchase a juicer.

It made me purchase a juicer.