Fatal Beauty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fatal Beauty Reviews

May 13, 2016
Detective works to get toxic cocaine mix called fatal beauty off the streets. Still, not sure it wouldn't have been better without the obligatory comedy elements for Whoopi.
½ August 18, 2015
One of the worst movies I have ever tried to watch. This is so bad, you will feel terrible watching it. You will blame yourself for every single minute of your life wasted on it. You will then waste more time dwelling on how bad it was, and struggle to get it out of your head. I'm going to be paying for this one for a long time.
June 7, 2015
I Don't Like Whoopi Goldberg.
April 8, 2015
Boy were they pushing Whoopie to become a star......not the movie for that.
December 21, 2013
so so funny...loved it
November 27, 2013
Bloody, boring and pandering, is as poisonous as the drug trade it pretends to defame.
December 21, 2012
Cop films don't get much more 1980s than this one. It's loud, crude and frequently nonsensical, but also quite enjoyable in it's own way. I'm really not a Whoopi Goldberg fan, but she's pretty good as not so much a tough cop, but a worn out cop. She's almost certainly not the original choice for this film since not only is her character named Rizzoli, but Sam Elliott has some dialogue that very clearly assumes that she's Italian. Elliott is always fun to watch, and Brad Dourif has a good turn as a villain. Worth a watch if you can turn your mind off.
June 22, 2012
One of her best dramatic performances since The Color Purple
April 9, 2012
Whoopie and Sam Elliot.....Great movie
February 16, 2012
watched most of it cool disguises the guy is a little too old for her and brad dourif looks hot in this movie such ghetto places that asian guy was so retarded
½ October 1, 2011
Whoopi was on a roll there for a minute. She made her film debut with a vengeance in "The Color Purple" and immediately a movie star was born. Then, she showed a real knack for comedy with her stand-up act and appearances at Comic Relief. Then came 1987, and a trio of films that she almost never recovered from. Some would argue that she never did. How you go from starring in Steven Spielberg's Oscar nominated film to "Fatal Beauty" in only a span of two years is a complete mystery to me.
This wretched, alleged comedy is an utter disaster from beginning to end, and Goldberg is completely charmless in the lead role. Maybe it's just because the rest of the picture is so ugly, but she doesn't register a single laugh here. The action sequences are violent and way over-the-top. They just don't gel with the amiable tone of the rest of the picture. In fact, the whole plot concerning drug dealers and a new, especially lethal narcotic doesn't fit in with Goldberg's easy-going nature.
And the whole romantic sub-plot, pairing her up with Sam Shepard is just embarrassing and unconvincing. It's nice to see a filmmaker take a chance with a bi-racial romance, but these two stars have zero chemistry.
"Fatal Beauty" is a loud, dumb and boring action comedy that's neither exciting or funny. Who thought this was a good idea?
½ August 12, 2011
One of only two Whoopi led films that I can not only stomach but actually really like. Sure the action is a little on the cheesy side, but the writers actually did a little more than whip up a script over the weekend with Goldberg in mind. From the name of the character one might think they had an Italian actress in mind. Regardless it's a good female-led action cop movie.
July 20, 2011
(***): Thumbs Up

I was surprised by how much fun I actually had with this one.
½ March 31, 2011
It's a fun film. If you don't have much of a sense of humr and take things too serious, you'll probably hate this movie. Me personally, I simply just enjoy watching Whoopi be Whoopi...
October 13, 2010
Decent 80`s action, even if it is with Whoopi. But i must say that horror is Tom Holland`s strong suit.
July 20, 2010
Considered the "Female Beveraly Hills Cop", this movie was poorly recieved by critics. But don't let that keep you from watching this cop comedy. Whoopi Goldberg lets all the jokes fly in this one woman army flick. There are a couple of slow parts but they don't ruin the movie. The chemistry between Whoopi and Sam Elliott is sensational and hilarious. A score for Whoopi.
July 20, 2010
July 3, 2010
I just love this movie , since i love crime movies this one was a obvious watch for me one of my favorite movies 10 out of 10
½ April 7, 2010
This wasn't a bad flick, but Whoopi really didn't know how to pick them...Really, Rita maybe but Rizzoli no way "