Fatal Games (Killing Touch)(Olympic Nightmare) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fatal Games (Killing Touch)(Olympic Nightmare) Reviews

June 27, 2015
Take it to the limit!!!

Well that was something. Fatal Games has a lot to say about drug enhancement for Olympic training. Too bad the script and acting was so horrendous.

And the killer and their motive....sigh
February 1, 2014
Decent slasher, but far from one of the best. The killer was pretty creepy, and the deaths were well-done. However the ending totally ripped off Sleepaway Camp.
½ February 8, 2012
Such a fine sports slasher. Has everything a slasher fan could want:Gore,Boobs,& a Killer! Not miss out on this slasher fans.
April 10, 2011
Trying to bring something new to the slasher genre Fatal Games has the killer weapon of choice be a javelin. I found it humorous as they chased their victims toting one. I don't think the writer actually thought about how it would come off on screen. It's not like to can stalk someone w/ a long sharp pole. It's gimmick more then anything else I believe it tries to have this stand out from others that riddled the market in the 80s. For that I won't hold too much against them but the script is uninvolvingly dull & you really couldn't give two shits about any characters. The only interest you're really given is when they're naked be it in the shower, on the massage table or in the sauna.
½ February 28, 2011
Fatal Games aka The Killing Touch (which is a better alternative title than Olympic Nightmare) has an opening and ending song "Take It All the Way", which is mistakenly reviewed by some as "Take it To the Limit." Either way, this film doesn't contain the song by The Eagles and if it did, it would've had an edge over some slasher films with awful soundtracks. The downfall of Fatal Games is similar to that of Killer Workout, since both films involve a unique weapon but is acted poorly and produced tediously. The javelin kills aren't worth noting and the lousy "suspenseful" music that precedes the kills wears thin quick. When the killer's identity and motive are known, they really let it all out (that voice was a bit unexpected). But Fatal Games fails to be a scary and entertaining slasher. The way that it's filmed is very unappealing - think dark lighting and dull characters in track gear about to be killed to the sound of bad, loopy music. This film begs for its viewers to divert their attention somewhere else.
½ June 28, 2010
Combination of wooden acting, terrible dialogue, early 80's pop music & dull point and film camera work. The nude babes & gratuitous gymnastic & swimming scenes can't save this. Throw in unimaginative & repetitive deaths too.
May 25, 2010
"The Dr. thinks very highly of you and he wants me to start you on retardation injections." Jeez this whole movie is a retardation injection.

This movie is also known as Killing Touch and Olympic Nightmare. What a boring piece of crap this movie is. The premise had a lot of potential which is why I sought it out. BUT IT WAS ALL FOR NAUGHT!

So what is this asstastic pile of Jaleel White cardboard standees all about? I shall enlighten you. It is the "riveting" story of 7 high school kids who are olympic hopefuls in various summer events. The trouble is there is a killer in their midst who is quite good at chucking javelins. You would think that it would be hard to mess up a plot like that but you'd be surprised. All they had to do was make it completely uninteresting, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! I really wanted to like this movie too but it just wasn't meant to be. Whats more is the fact that after they finally reveal the killer's identity, which I had narrowed down to 3 people by that time, they kill whatever momentum they had going by forcing a ripped off plot twist down your throat. At least be original people, we're talking about a javelin wielding killer here. All I'm going to say about the ending is this. Imagine the plot twist from Sleepaway Camp and then, pardon my pun, neuter it. Since it is a weak version of a stolen plot twist it carries almost zero weight and the end result is nothing short of a complete failure. Then, as if they're trying to rub salt in the wound, they have the killer fall and become impaled by a trophy. Is that supposed to be ironic?

I find the tagline for this movie to be strangely appropriate. "The second prize is death!" Although if I was going to make a new tagline today I'd probably pick "Pontificate the perilous podium positions."

So why did this movie get 1 star? I guess I did so for two reasons. The javelin kill cam, and the underwater javelin thrust maneuver. One of which I have included for you below. Maybe my third reason for doing so is the "Take It All the Way" song by Shuki Levy they play during the opening and closing credits.

Should you watch this movie? Certainly not. Surely you jest.
½ March 27, 2009
An interesting premise for a horror film turns out to be a fairly decent slasher. A javelin killer is stalking the athletes at an Olympic training facility and nobody knows who he/she could be. Some original death scenes and some extremely cheesy 80's music make this one that's worth a watch but don't go out of your way to find it.
February 15, 2009
Bad slasher movie from the 80's.