Fatal Needles vs Fatal Fists (Gou hun zhen duo ming quan) Reviews

• Aug 15, 2012

Lee Tso Nam might have been the best independent martial arts director out there. He wallowed in the cliches of the genre, but at the same time his films were generally very well paced and well written. What's with the low rating here? This is a straight-up classic. An old guy who throws needles! A protagonist with clear motivation and a character arc! Come on, are you asking for Bergman here? I particularly like the obviously artificial "outdoors" set with the matte painting at the climax. Stylistic touches like that that give movies like this a sort of "out of time" charm.

• Aug 11, 2009

I have to say this is an awesome movie!! This is pretty much and avarage Kung Fu movie with parts that stand out to make it above avarage. This one stars Chang Yi as Chung Tung the master of fatal needles with an awesome fight-finale. Fatal Neelds VS Fatal Fists!! The choreography is good wich makes the Kung Fu mayhem pure fun! Although this Dvd doesn't have the original Chinese Audio, I'm still giving it 5 stars.