Father's Little Dividend - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Father's Little Dividend Reviews

½ March 12, 2017
Similar to the first, just this time about your daughter having a baby. Cute and entertaining.
December 11, 2014
Followed the same structure in related topics and humor with the returning family, more heart and less complications to make this a worthy sequel to complete the two-part adventure from letting someone out of the nest to becoming a grandparent, and Spencer Tracy performed nicely to those situations. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
December 29, 2013
Its pretty boring and not that interesting.
½ July 1, 2013
Fun sequel to Father of the Bride. Spencer Tracy is a comedic gold mine to be reckoned with by anyone who dares call themselves 'comedians' nowadays.
½ February 6, 2013
No where near as charming or endearing as Father of the Bride, and coming quickly off the back of the success of the original (made only one year later which is unheard of for sequels these days) the film does feel rushed, less original and less enjoyable watching it. Still a sweet movie and Tracy is again superb in the father role, but at only 81 minutes you can see this film was only made to cash in and make lots of $$$ - which I don't think it ultimately did.
December 31, 2012
It is the best comey/drama family films I had ever seen. Tracy's portrial of Banks is simply great.
October 30, 2012
some parts are funny but boring at the same time...
October 24, 2012
Best movie of its time.
October 21, 2012
good sequel that everyone came back
½ September 30, 2012
I couldn't get into it.
May 12, 2012
A wonderful sequel to the original "Father of the Bride" Spencer Tracey & Elizabeth Taylor are perfect together. Elizabeth Taylor was so beautiful and so good in this part
May 10, 2012
- This DVD needs to be re-mastered cause it looks terrible. Father of the Bride didn't look this bad. audio is pretty bad too.

- My hubby is going to react a lot like Stanley Banks when our little gnome gets married and has a kid.

- Kay looks about as pregnant as a stork. Dang she is a thin thing. Elizabeth Taylor was so pretty!

- There are a few dramatic parts that I was kinda like "oh brother" about.

- I LOVE Spencer Tracy. He is so believable in any role he plays. He is the best part of this movie!
February 10, 2012
Cute old shows, always so pleasant. Elizabeth Taylor paired with Spencer Tracy always work out to funny and matter-of-factly humor. Tracy makes the film.
January 16, 2012
Great cast? Check. Laugh-out-loud sequences? Check. Heartfelt story? Check. Drooling over Dame Elizabeth Taylor? CHECKCHECKCHECK!
October 15, 2011
Loved it!!!! Such a cute sweet movie of Elizabeth Taylor... Great sequel!
September 25, 2011
August 18, 2011
Good sequel. Stanley (Tracy) is finally starting to get over the fact that his daughter Kay (Taylor) has gotten married. Just when he's relaxed, she's pregnant, freaking him out yet again. Every other parent of the couple is excited, but Stanley is rough and tough just like last time. "Father of the Bride" was such a big success, that this pretty good sequel was released just a few months later, re-teaming everybody (and I really mean it) back to make the follow-up. Though "Father of the Bride" is a little more witty and sly, "Fathers Little Dividend" has more of a family feel to it. It some how comes across in both films that this is just the perfect family. While the other exaggerates everyones feelings, this one is loaded with all of those unintentional humor moments that happens all the time in real life. Tracy again steals the show. This time, he finally calms down in the end, going from anti-grandpa to full on- grandpa. He does a great job, and is seriously convincing as a regular husband/dad. "Fathers Little Dividend" might not be nearly as good as "Father of the Bride", but anyone interested in sequels should check this one out-- it's one of the good ones.
½ July 17, 2011
Great sequel to FOTB.
July 1, 2011
I didn't care for this movie. I liked the remake better, I thought it was funnier.
June 19, 2011
The 1950s was a decade for bed and bath.