Fathom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fathom Reviews

October 23, 2015
Raquel Welch, the star of this film, is not an actress. She's a 1960's sex goddess, and one of the hottest female film stars to ever grace the screen. But she's not an actress. The only reason to watch this film is to see a super hot looking Raquel Welch in her prime, wearing a fairly conservative bikini (which was the 1960's idea of shockingly sexy). Or if you want a bit of lighthearted fluff with horrible acting all around. But otherwise it's a waste. But Raquel is very hot.
October 18, 2015
For some reason the James Bond factor, come for the action, women watch for whoever is portraying James Bond's hadsomeness, didn't work out for Raquel Welch. Maybe it relies on the fact that Welch is a skydiver who has a Bond girl name. Obviously, Welch's character doesn't have acrophobia, but maybe she should have given the success of Hitchcock's lame Vertigo.
November 3, 2014
I gave it a spin because it was a part of a little spy-themed handful of DVDs that MGM released to cash in on the Austin Powers 'buzz' of the time, so I grabbed one cheap at a Big Lots and figured I'd see what it was all about.

The film is pretty silly, with not a lot for Raquel Welch to do save for look pretty and make you wonder why she was picked for this assignment, since she isn't actually a spy but rather a civilian who happens to be an expert in the area they need.

Silly, and nothing I see myself coming back to at any point, unless I'm suddenly investigating Welch's career in depth.

Rental.
June 24, 2013
Typical Raquel Welch bounce and leer action from her heydey.
March 25, 2013
This movie's only reason for existing was to have Raquel Welch show off her figure in several outfits and bathing suits. The acting was poor. The story is lame. The direction was poor. The movie was shot on location in Spain so it looked better than an episode of Get Smart but an episode of Get Smart was funnier. I saw this movie on TV when I was a kid and didn't like it. Now that I'm grown I know that the reason to watch the film is to watch Raquel Welch. She is very sexy in this movie. She's the star and everyone else is a supporting actors.
½ July 18, 2012
Only really a vehicle for Raquel Welch to look great in a variety of bikini's, which she does brilliantly.
March 10, 2011
Let me start out with the reasons to see this movie: Raquel Welch looks gorgeous. And, um, uh, hmm, oh yeah, hmm... Did I mention Raquel Welch looks gorgeous? Reasons not to see it. Well the only reason TO see it is that Raquel Welch looks gorgeous, I
December 10, 2010
Can you fathom Raquel Welch as a super spy? If so, watch Fathom! I think the strangest thing about this movie is that her name is Fathom, who names their girl Fathom, or is it some kind of nickname? Another question: why does Flixster say this movie is rated nc-17? It's not rated, and it doesn't deserve that rating anyway. Okay, so I thought this movie was a good spy flick, and I liked Welch as a spy too. It's a good movie.
½ September 16, 2010
Fathom is a fun film and very entertaining. Raquel Welch gives an amazing performance. The screenplay is well written and witty. Leslie H. Martinson did a good job directing this movie. I enjoyed this film because of the comedy. Fathom is a must see.
½ April 21, 2010
Ce film use et abuse des charmes de Raquel Welch et la scène d'ouverture avec ses cadrages en grande partie en dessous de la ceinture en est déjà un très bon exemple. L'histoire est pleine de rebondissements et de retournements de situation et on s'y perd un peu. Mais l'ensemble a un certain charme et Raquel Welch et sa plastique y sont pour beaucoup...
April 21, 2010
Only 2 reasons to watch this film. Yes she is in it.
April 18, 2010
Sexy secret agent fun with Raquel Welch
April 18, 2010
Sexy secret agent fun with Raquel Welch
December 11, 2009
Some excellent cinematography is the best thing about this film. Raquel Welch?s performance is not very good, but then again, she?s not in the film because of her acting ability. The plot is unusual to say the least. Oddly enjoyable.
December 11, 2009
July 19, 2009
well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch...its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie....i think that tony franciosa, raquel welch, richard briers, ronald fraser, anthony franciosa, elizabeth ercy, greta chi play good roles/parts throughout this movie.....i think that the director of this action/adventure/drama/spy/thriller movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect thorughout this movie its a really good 1960's movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie....its a good movie 2 watch