Fatman Reviews

• Negative Phil
    Dec 30, 2020

I can remember seeing Tim Allen's the Santa Clause in the theater when I was a kid. I hated it. That wasn't my Santa Claus, it didn't make sense to me. One thing for certain is that if I saw Fatman as a kid, this wouldn't be my Santa Claus either. As an adult though, this is the Chris Cringle I've always wanted. I've never seen a more humanized take on the man behind the sled. Financial woes, insecurities, failures, Gibson gives a tough as nails but incredibly humble take on what it might be like to have the weight of the world on your shoulders. Fatman is the most original take that I've seen on Santa in my 40 some years of life! This movie is DARK, fun and has a huge heart. Up until now, I've never seen the relationship between Santa and Mrs. Claus depicted as anything but a cardboard cutout. In this film, Mel and Marianne Jean-Baptiste give us a marriage that has spanned centuries. The dialogue the director gives us in their most intimate moments feel like real life conversations that my partner and myself have had. It's the heart of the movie. On the flip side Walton Goggins, whom I absolutely love from Justified, does not disappoint as the hitman sent to kill Santa. He plays his character with a hilarious coldness that becomes borderline sympathetic when you piece together his backstory throughout the film. Even the kid who hires him plays the roll perfectly! I don't know that I've ever wanted to see a kid get what is coming to him as much as I did here in this film. The film is not quite as action packed as the trailer makes it seem, but if you want to see an original take on a legend you think you know, this is the film. Well directed, well shot and brilliant performances across the board!

• Nephretery
    Dec 10, 2020

It made me laugh 🤷‍♀️

It made me laugh 🤷‍♀️

• Suesman
    Dec 03, 2020

Interesting movie! I liked Mel Gibson in this role!

Interesting movie! I liked Mel Gibson in this role!

• Robert S
    Nov 23, 2020

An entertaining dark comedy. Enjoyed something different. A unique twist on Santa Clause, with great characters. Gibson is good

• M A S
    Nov 23, 2020

Quite different, but glad to see mel gibson in a movie again

Quite different, but glad to see mel gibson in a movie again

• Matias
    Nov 21, 2020

Good, from start to finish.

Good, from start to finish.

• Mary Ann Rogers
    Nov 20, 2020

It was a twisted Christmas movie , glad I decided not to take my children

It was a twisted Christmas movie , glad I decided not to take my children

• TAZnTlh
    Nov 20, 2020

This movie is the epitome of Christmas in 2020. A disgruntled child sending a hit-man to get Santa because he didn't get the gift he wanted.

• Jon W
    Nov 18, 2020

I liked it a lot. Gibson and Goggins are both outstanding

I liked it a lot. Gibson and Goggins are both outstanding

• Conall
    Nov 17, 2020

Don’t let the killer premise for you, this film is absolutely boring and has little to no action.