Fatso - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fatso Reviews

½ April 10, 2015
Most of the laughs are at not with Dominick even if it is one of Deluise's best work.
½ May 22, 2013
anne bancroft directs this dark comedy
May 30, 2012
A great movie about one fat man learning to love himself
April 13, 2012
This is one very funny movie.
Anne Bancroft and Dom DeLuise were great together.
But eat a full meal before watching to avoid raiding the refrigerator.
½ December 10, 2011
I highly recommend the 1st half of this film, it has some incredibly funny scenes. However, like a second trip to the all you eat buffet table, I suggest you forego the second half which will leave you feeling bloated and sleepy.
November 6, 2011
There are some movies that are vital to the Italian American movie-goer, and this is one of them. It's both hilarious and sad. A weird combination that works perfectly, with the crazy Antoinette cursing up a storm during the most innapropriate times and the funny passive relationship between Dom and Lydia. "You're Polish? I'm Italian. - My mother was Italian. - So was mine." And that scene in the dietician's office with the list of "do and do-nots" might be one of my favorite scenes in cinema. More than anything, I love the message Fatso delivers; that physical appearance is only second to personal happiness.
March 30, 2011
Dom Delouise made a great character of what a fat pathetic man should be he was my hero especially when he threatens his brother with a fake gun then a knife the although it was an okay movie it would have been a great movie if more binging was in it. My favorite quote from the movie was "Thats nothing have you ever sucked the jelly out of a jelly donut and filled it with chocolate swirl". In the end this movie needed more binge eating and more fat people binge eating with The Dom.
½ March 12, 2011
I was surprised to see this on tv the other day
I hadn't seen it in years
I remembered right
they do talk about sucking the jelly out of a jelly doughnut
and filling it with a Reese's peanut butter cup
lol
½ March 9, 2011
Sad & dated. Luv Dom always tho.
January 18, 2011
tht's so funny..I love it..
October 21, 2010
Funny movie. Worth watching
½ April 6, 2010
Radio personality Robb Spewak described Fatso as "an awful movie". However, he has been playing clips from the movie for years, so I was as intrigued as I was skeptical. Sure enough, Mr. Spewak was correct, as this is a pretty rotten movie, despite the presence of comedy great Dom Deluise. There are a few memorable scenes, including one where the guys passionately discuss various ways to stuff a donut. I enjoyed listening to the way some of the guys spoke, as their cut-off windpipes (due to being really fat) made for some funny voices. Honestly though, this is a terrible movie. If you want to hear all of the entertaining parts, just listen to The Mike O'Meara Show. They play them from time to time. Skip the movie.
½ February 27, 2010
love this movie. timeless.
September 11, 2009
Dominick (Dom DeLuise) has been eating everything in sight ever since he was a young kid. As you might guess, because of that, Dominick is overweight and he's still VERY crazy about food. But everybody tries to urge him to go on a diet when his cousin, Sal, dies prematurely of being too overweight. Eating tons of food isn't just tasteful, it's a way of life for Dominick, so it won't be easy to break the habit.
I had been wanting to see "Fatso" for a long time and I finally got to see it. It's a great movie in many ways. Parts of it are hilarious, such as when Dominick keeps seeing tons of appetizing food on television no matter what channel he turns it to, and other parts are even a little bit sad. But the whole movie is entertaining, and it's hard for me to believe that "Fatso" isn't more popular than it is.

If you like great movies, buy "Fatso" as soon as possible! It will make you hungry for food while you're watching it and after the movie is over, it'll probably leave you hungry for a sequel. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2001. WARNING: This movie will make you hungry. Sad that Dom Deluise is dead now.
½ May 5, 2009
"Did you ever suck the jelly out of a jelly donut...?" A severely underated comedy and hands down, Dom Deluise's best performance. This gut busting (pun completely intended) chuckler has some genius segments of comedy (holding Junior hostage, the 'support' meeting, etc.) but it also has a sentimental love story at it's heart. Great supporting effort by Bancroft (who also doubles as the film's director). If you've never had the pleasure, rent this forgotten gem tonight...and don't forget the honey!
March 28, 2009
"Did you ever suck the jelly out of a jelly doughnut and then fill it with chocolate swirl ice cream?"