Fatso - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fatso Reviews

½ February 6, 2009
I find this a rather underrated film about a character (Dom Deluise, who was perfect for this role) having an eating addiction. It's a funny, yet sad movie at the same time. Warning though, even if you're skinny or just ate, watching this movie will make you hungry!
½ January 26, 2009
I highly recommend the 1st half of this film, it has some incredibly funny scenes. However, like a second trip to the all you eat buffet table, I suggest you forego the second half which will leave you feeling bloated and sleepy.
December 18, 2008
A sensitive look at the problem of overeating-as-comfort. DeLuise is perfect in this role and Bancroft is great as his caring sister. The best part of this movie is when Dom and his two "support group' pals rip the kitchen apart after talking themselves into a psychotic feeding frenzy.
August 5, 2008
DeLUISE rules but this is light on the gags
August 2, 2008
Ok being a bronx italian, growing up watching the members of this cast on tv in my youth. I have to say this movie gets 10 stars. I have seen it over 100 times. It parallels my life growing up in the bronx, in an extended italian family. For me ... I said for me and a few people I know... this is a classic unrivaled in humor, family and Italian life in NYC.
½ July 15, 2008
If youre itallian, youll get it
½ May 8, 2008
This is a funny movie
May 6, 2008
Get the honey, Junior!
March 7, 2008
This is so hilarious...if you love food you will love this movie.
January 13, 2008
It's been alluded to on Gilmore Girls, it must be good.
½ December 13, 2007
Funniest movie ever!
December 11, 2007
one of the funniest films ever made, directed by mel brook's wife, anne bancroft
November 19, 2007
Not a great movie, but the "relapse scene" alone is worth watching it all.
October 11, 2007
sounds like a love stowie!!!
October 6, 2007
A few scenes leave you crying laughing. A few scene try to get you just plain crying and don't. But Bancroft does get you feeling for the big guy. Perhaps it should've focused on the gags a bit more, but a satisfying comedy nonetheless.
½ August 31, 2007
A forgotten gem. The plot is a beautiful portrayal of everyone's struggle to stay true to one's self without being consumed by desire or falling into self-loathing.
July 16, 2007
Oh yes. It's about being fat! LOL...but a charming film! What's not to love? Anne Bancroft and Food!