Fear Island - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fear Island Reviews

January 20, 2013
This was a pretty good movie. Had some great suspense in it. Storyline was not too easily predictable which is the biggest fail for most thriller's.
January 13, 2013
I got to get dis movie
January 6, 2013
Granted that there are quite a few problems in the film, Fear Island is a pretty decent thriller. The story follows a group of friends (plus one stow away) that head to a cabin on a deserted island to have a fun-filled weekend. However, bodies are beginning to pile up with mysterious messages being left everywhere. It's up to the friends to figure out who's committing these heinous crimes before they all end up in body bags. When I started watching this film, I thought about turning it off. The first act just runs two slowly and, while the acting is pretty good, the writing is terrible. However, I decided to stick it out to the end. Fortunately, I did because the second half of the second act and the final act create great suspense and left me on the edge of my seat, wondering what was going to happen next. The story gets a little bit hard to follow as stories and twists are piled up, leaving the viewer confused. Also, there's some continuity issues in the film as well. For example, one character's leg gets shot at with a nail gun and gets three nails stuck in him. Once they get the nails out, he's able to walk perfectly fine with no blood where the nails were. Nevertheless, Fear Island is an entertaining enough thriller to leave the viewer satisfied and leave their jaw gaping by the surprising twist ending.
½ January 6, 2013
Loved the twist. Kept me thinking and interested throughout.
½ January 3, 2013
wasn't too corny, had some little twists in it
½ January 1, 2013
A typical horror movie with a big twist at the end. Nothing spectacular, and even with the twist at the end I would say it's just average at best.
December 9, 2012
This was a good movie
November 17, 2012
I enjoyed this movie. (November 17, 2012)
November 15, 2012
"Fear Island" is actually pretty decent. Yes, it has a lot of the same problems as most modern horror movies, but the actors really give it their all, and you could certainly do a lot worse!
½ November 10, 2012
Only watchable for the hot girls. Just like watching Kristin Stewart in 'Twilight', turn off the volume while watching.
½ October 27, 2012
intriguing but not good acting
½ September 16, 2012
Another underrated one in my opinion. A lot of good twists and keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time wondering what really happened. I'd recommend this one! This movie is witty in my opinion and Haylie Duff isn't so bad!
½ September 11, 2012
Had the making of being just another bog standard teen slasher movie just like all the others, but I'll give this film it's credit, as it ranked higher above my initial expectations. Usual scenario - teens go on a spring break to either get drunk or get laid (usually both) but someone from the past is intent on spoiling the party. It has a good intro, good setting, stereotypical range of characters what with 'the stud', 'the tart', 'the geek', 'the mystery' etc, and a fairly unique and well executed storyline. I'm unconvinced by the idea of learning who survives and who doesn't right at the start of the movie, and we then relive the action through the survivors story - this then diminishes any opportunity for a surprise twist at the end of the movie. Of course, we all know one will be attempted still but it just becomes a little more predictable and boring when it does occur. There's a fairly credible level of action throughout, although some of the death scenes could perhaps be considered weak, especially when you don't even see the kill, or when they don't make a fight of it and instead just get polished off by a single blow to the head! - horror films are renowned for invincible bad guys, so where's the fun in that?! Truth be told, I doubt I'll remember this film once I've had chance to watch a further batch of crappy horrors, but I can think of much worse attempts at low budget film making than this one.
½ September 10, 2012
Sadly not even a great young cast could make this movie that good. The acting was lame, the atmosphere was boring and overall the film was just dull when it could have been excellent. More a mystery and suspense than a horror.
September 5, 2012
This one was extremely good. With an interesting premise and exceptional performance by the actors we are given a good time. Lots of twist and turns are included to keep the viewer on the edge their seat.
August 29, 2012
Such a Good movie, It keeps you on edge most definitely, I really love how they kept changing the killer. There's Lots of twist and turns, it also makes you question everything you see in the movie, they need to make a second movie to this one
½ August 28, 2012
A weak attempt to help the slasher genre.
½ August 12, 2012
Horror? I don't think so. Classic mystery film...thats all. Lame story.
½ July 31, 2012
not that bad for a low budget horror thriller.
didnt like that main actress though
July 25, 2012
it was definatly watchable and entertaining. but its told through big flashbacks which takes away from the suspencful atmosphere. also i saw the two twists coming from the beginning of the movie