The Fearless Hyena (Xiao quan guai zhao) (Revenge of the Dragon) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fearless Hyena (Xiao quan guai zhao) (Revenge of the Dragon) Reviews

January 11, 2009
THIS MOVIE IS INCREDIBLE
December 23, 2008
Jackie Chan's first directorial effort; I would argue this is the best of his movies from the 1978-1982 "comedy chop socky" genre. It could be argued that Young Master is perhaps the more polished, better put together film, but none of his efforts (yes, not even Snake in Eagle's Shadow) can match the energy and naive charm of this 1979 classic. The action choreography is still in the wooden Lo Wei style he had for those years, but the fluidity is coming, and would culminate in Young Master and Dragon Lord years later. Worth watching.
December 23, 2008
½ December 12, 2008
watch the original language version only!! great flick
November 10, 2008
All of Jackie Chan's old school (and I mean, REALLY old) movies are pretty much the same. So if you like one, you like them all. I believe this is the movie where Dreamworks got the inspiration for the dumpling fight scene in Kung Fu Panda. That animated flick has Jackie Chan and all the greats written all over it. I had this in a 3-pack VHS. I have yet to get it on DVD, now that I no longer own a VCR...
September 17, 2008
One of Jackie Chan's best, absolutely awesome.
June 30, 2008
I saw it once, and I liked it a lot.
June 19, 2008
As far as old school Jackie Chan movies go, this is one of his best. Note, this is one of those generic style martial arts movies. Keeping that in mind, if that's the kind of flick you're expecting, this one does not disappoint. You get to see a young JC, pretty much in his prime doing what he does best.
June 8, 2008
Not at all interested
May 21, 2008
Proves that when Jackie (or rather, "Jacky") directs his own films, they turn out great. The chopstick scene, Jackie's training scene, the fight at the beginning with the staffs- all fantastic! The dubbing includes british accents, which seem odd, but anything for a laugh is good, such as the scene where Jackie dresses in drag. Somehow, it's hysterical! I rate this among the best in his early career.
½ May 15, 2008
One of JC's earliest movies. There's a lot of fighting scenes in this one so if you like your martial arts this should be right up your street.
April 22, 2008
Loved it as a kid, like it as an adult.
½ April 5, 2008
Classic jackie with good plot, but lesser quality fighting.
March 28, 2008
1 of MY FaveZ from Jackie's classics collection
½ February 26, 2008
One of best films, Original Jackie
February 22, 2008
Fun and goofy style kung fu movie.
"Please don't eat the chicken!"
February 21, 2008
If jackie chan is in the movie it must be amazing!
½ February 7, 2008
Jackie Chan plays the young goofy grandson of chen pang fei who wants his grandson to be more serious in life and not fight in public, this concept is not clearly understood until his grandfather is killed by a terrible man hunting member of the unicorn clan. As Chan learns the secret ways of the clan from the unicorn himself he will show his true nature in the final confrontation in avenging his grandfather's death.
½ January 29, 2008
One of Jackie's earlier films, but it stands up against his later work. The plot is pretty typical of the Wuxia genre, but the action is amazing.
½ January 13, 2008
Un des films les plus fou de jackie Chan, il se donne vraiment fond dans celui-l