Feast Reviews

• Dec 26, 2020

Not so much a film, but part of a bigger "making a movie" immersive experience. The biggest problem with the film is that it is filmed in 99% close ups. It's nearly impossible to know what the bar actually looks like or where in the bar anyone is at any time. Even when characters are talking to each other, they're hardly ever in the same shot at once. Sometimes we jump-cut between the attic and the basement as though it's the same place. Because all the attacks are in such close quarters it's very hard to get any feeling of suspense or jumpiness. There are so many clever close-up shots crammed in, but they mostly don't help in telling a coherent visual story. It feels a bit like a graphic novel if someone left the zoom cranked way to close.

• Dec 01, 2019

Didn't like this one. All blood, guts and horror for no reason except blood, guts and horror. There's some kind of continuity going throughout the sequels. So the first sequel continues where the first movie left off, and the third movie kind of recaps the first two and continues from there. So it's like one continuous movie split in three. More like a mini-series really. This is sadist eye candy.

• Jan 02, 2018

4/5. Feast is a really solid creature feature with an excellent set-up and some really fun characters and gore. The only really flaw of the movie is sometimes the editing is too quick and it's hard to tell exactly what's happening, but apart from that, Feast will surely satisfy horror and gore fans.

• Mar 22, 2017

I caught "Feast" again on late-night TV -- a film with the perfect mix of horror and a dash of comedy, a ramshackle bar setting, and a wide range of unique characters. Plus, it was damn scary throughout.

• Feb 13, 2017

Very good movie. While its script could've used a little more work, the film has a lot of unique aspects and clever dialogue, offering a gory sendup to grindhouse and b-monster movies.

• Dec 04, 2016

I don't think anyone could ever complain that there ain't enough gore in this movie. Heads exploding, eyes being ripped off, organs and blood spraying on the walls, this is one hell of a violent, yet funny little guilty pleasure, which reminds me a lot of Kevin Bacon's Tremors (1990). The actors are alright and the special effects are pretty campy, which also reminds me of Evil Dead 2 (1987). It's a good old fashioned survival, desert, gore film. Recommended !!

• Aug 14, 2016

- It's like From Dusk Till Dawn, but a little gorier, and has Henry Rollins instead of Salma Hayek. This is acceptable to me. - Ok. 5 people in the bar just died very terribly, everyone's screaming, and the 72yo barfly's like "Meh. Tuesdays." - Oh my. His face just kinda...went away. - The name of the shotgun behind the bar is called "The Judge." - This movie is funny as hell. - Not that part. That was gross even by my standards. - "Relax. We have a shortwave radio." - Ok. I had to pause it to write this next part out. Everyone inside the bar just discovered that the 2 monsters outside terrorizing them are now having sex doggie style outside. Barfly dramatically clicks her keyfob to end the car alarm caused by the monster's shenanigans. - Oh, he doesn't look so good. I think he's, well, I think he's dissolving. - The pretty girl completely soaked in blood, got naked to clean off, is soaked in blood again. I see a theme here. - "What're you gonna do? Throw your teeth at em?" - Henry Rollins is now talking all righteously motivational...while wearing pink sweat pants. - HAHA! The "dead" woman they decided to wire with explosives as a distraction is now kind of alive. #rookiemistakes - That's...different. The monsters are now using Henry Rollins as a battering ram. - And, sports fans, if you'll note that halfway through the movie, the barfly has quietly put out her cigarette and locked herself in the walk-in freezer. The only person at the end of the movie that can claim being alive, no blood on her, has all her limbs, and hasn't fired a gun.

• Aug 04, 2016

Judah Friedlander and Henry Rollins are part of a motley group of small town bar patrons holed up in a tavern trying to defend themselves from a family of monsters. The monsters relentlessly attack and are successful in killing many of the people. Some funny stuff, an annoying soundtrack, and too much of that shaky-cam effect which was popular 10 years ago.

• Jan 01, 2016

Just the right level of mean spirited, super cruel satire. With buckets of blood to compensate for any low points.

• Jamie C Super Reviewer
    Dec 04, 2015

Very random and just plain weird, Bery poor acting and cheaply made, The only thing worth the 1 star was the humour.