The Feast of All Saints - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Feast of All Saints Reviews

½ October 7, 2015
I have been waiting and waiting to see this movie and it was worth the wait. It really sheds light on a very unfamiliar part of Black history during the times of slavery- the "Gens de Couleur Libres." It was very eye opening and therefore very distressing. The acting was beautiful and the cast overall was well chosen. It is a movie that Black people should see and be inspired to find out more about our history. Well worth seeing.
September 8, 2012
Very informative . Beautifully and sad.
½ August 9, 2012
I didn' catch it when it was the miniseries I rented it. I had read the book which was excellent. This miniseries follows the book almost exactly. Which is huge for me. It is great I highly reccommend it.
June 11, 2012
I like the change of scenery from pre-Civil war slaves. There was a lot more to life for blacks at the time and I'm glad that there's a movie that shows it. I think that some things could have been done a lot better than they were, but it was a good glimpse into a very little known world.
½ May 28, 2012
HORRIBLE. I love Anne Rice, but this just didn't interest me.
May 23, 2012
Very well done series, learned a lot!
January 13, 2012
This is a MUST SEE. Historical Fiction at it's best. Based on the Anne Rice novel, this true story follow the life of a mixed creole boy coming of age in a world not white or black but in between. Rent it. Buy it. Whatever you do watch it.
½ July 14, 2011
This was one of my favorite Mini-series ever.A look into New Orleans Upper Class & the tradition of "Placage" fascinated me.This was very well made & acted, I've been trying to remember the name of this for so long, & I finally found it here.I would like to see it again, & own it.Like "Roots" it is a little known History tat we all should educate ourselves better about, it is our history.
May 5, 2011
Compelling drama about free slaves and life changing choices they made in order to live free.
November 12, 2010
Bianca Lawson swooooooooooons
½ June 3, 2010
This was excellent! Usually one doesn't expect much from movies that were originally aired as a TV miniseries. However, once in awhile one comes along that outshines the others. This is an example of that. Although it has the same general corniness and overacting of a typical made-for-TV movie, it is easy to see past that to the wonderful period piece this is. I had no idea about the gens de colour until I read Rice's fantastic novel, and although this movie does stray a bit from her original work, it still is just as fascinating. The scenery was exactly as I pictured it while reading, so it was fun to see a world of my imagination spring so fully to life here. I do have a few qualms with it, however. Some of the things they chose to leave out boggled me a bit. I thought certain important facts were kept out that should have been there. And some characters were rewritten a bit differently which I felt didn't give credit to the original characters I fell in love with. However, these are small complaints and I have to say that this is an absolutely wonderful little miniseries. If you are interested in black history, New Orleans, or just history in general, PICK THIS UP! It does not disappoint.
½ May 11, 2010
Ok now this story is interesting to me. The clothing and the time period is good. NOW I didnt really think Robert Ri 'chard did that great of a job. I love his beauty and his innocence, but I thought he was to young in his career for this role. But other then that. I like Anne Rice novels, and I am very interested in any of the movies that try to capture her words on film.

Beautiful woman, tragic kind of story. Strong woman trying to make a life for their self in their times. Its actually very sad. But that was the time, I really respect the thoughts that crossed my mind when watching this movie. About what it might have been like to be in those times. This movie made me think. Lots of people in this movie. I was impressed with Jennifer Beals, Jasmine Guy and all the other woman in this movie.

I just finished reading Angel time and I would love to see this one done on film. I love Anne Rice and am so grateful for her stories.
December 18, 2009
I had high hopes for this film, but was left disappointed by the terrible script and acting, the lack of character development.
½ October 14, 2009
Great period piece, and doesn't sugarcoat the split between whites and blacks in 19th century New Orleans. The acting is superb, and even if the story were dull (its really not) I would recommend this film from the fine presentation alone.
September 1, 2009
I'm probably 1 of 5 people who have seen this movie but it is excellent. On a relaxing Saturday or Sunday you have to kick back on the couch and wath this film. I give it 5 stars.
June 10, 2009
very good movie about history people from new orleans need to be more aware of their heritage
May 30, 2009
March 8, 2009
Excellent movie. Thought provoking. Sad though.
October 14, 2008
SEE THIS MOVIE!! It is a beautiful story passionate great acting. I love most of anne rice movie adaptions but if you are a history buff esp where slave and southern history is at center see this got damn movie for real
August 26, 2008