FernGully 2: The Magical Rescue - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

FernGully 2: The Magical Rescue Reviews

½ November 11, 2017
Pretty much pointless. Pips is one of the characters that I wanted to see more of in the first Ferngully movie, but this one definitely didn't give him any justice. The voice casting changes were fine, besides Batty being 10 times more obnoxious than usual.
½ May 13, 2016
Mystery science theater Joe 5000
The movie was semi-okay. I am not certain if the same cartoon voices were there. Lots more songs than the first one. I give a 3 out of ten stars.
April 28, 2015
Wasted potential, but still a good message for the family.
April 8, 2014
Naturally it is not better than the first; but it's a good sequel.
December 17, 2012
My daughter is obsessed with this movie....
November 25, 2012
One of the dullest, most boring animated films I ever had the bad misfortune to see.
½ October 19, 2012
Definately not as good as the first one, but that seems to almost always be the case.
September 12, 2012
WHAT'S THIS? A DISNEY SEQUEL FOR AN ALREADY TERRIBLE MOVIE? WHO'D HAVE THUNK IT?

Reminding us yet again that they seem to just want to draw and recreate characters all over again, Disney have made a sequel for FernGully, possibly the worst of all their hand-drawn animation creations, and this second installment is just as bad. if possible worse, thanks to unoriginal ideas, and more of the same from the first movie.

only brainless toddlers will enjoy this boring excuse for a film.
Frisby2007
April 11, 2012
An unnecessary, & completely shitty sequel to the first beautiful one.

Some of you will say that I hate this movie because it's a sequel to the first one, no, the truth is that I hate this movie because there is no redeeming features about this sequel, like, at all.

Most of us fans hate this sequel for very good reasons, & I cannot picture anyone of any age liking this movie. Take my advice, watch the original one, even if you don't like it, it's far superior to this crap.

There are so many, many things that this film does wrong, & I will point out only the top ones right now:

Cast: Not one person from the original movie came back in this sequel, like, at all. Each actor in here is forgettable & a complete no name. None of the characters sound like themselves, & hell it is painfully missing Robin Williams who played Batty!

Characters: The main character from the first one was Crysta, in this one its Pips, Crysta's BF(?) & the gang of what the hells riding on the beetles from the first one. And just to let you know that in this movie, despite the main focus of the beetle gang, they still don't explain what the hell they are. And NONE of the other characters mentioned in the previous movie ever return here, nor are they even given a small hint of mentioning. No, I'm serious, not a single mentioning of Zak or any other human character, or even the villain from the other one film are ever brought up in this movie. And don't get me started on how the main characters of this movie just become douches.

But apparently there WAS a character from the other movie that came back, & that was one of the guys handling the machine, the one with the red hat. But apparently, in this movie, that was not him, it was another character with an accent. So, they used the character from the first one only to not use him as the same character? How does that work?

Story: The story has NOTHING to do with the original. The story uses one plot, then another & another, to the point where you're asking yourself what the hell is the point of this movie? Not to mention that it is also completely illogical at a certain point, & then it becomes completely pointless. There is a scene where the human girl character Budgy(?)is about to fall off a cliff, then Batty, a small ass fruit bat, grabs her & lifts her up to safety. Yeah, because a bat that small can pick up a human girl with no problem. And towards then end, remember how in the original every fairy in the movie helps by sealing the villain into a giant tree? Well, in this one, they grab all of the villains in a tree, that's it, just grab them with a bunch of branches.

Animation: Let me tell you that the animation in this movie is not only stale, but also half-assessed. The coloring is also cheap. And the worst thing is that in this movie, the fairies don't even have their wings drawn on them about 95% pf the time, which only makes you ask that why do they need the wings if they're not even using them?

Songs: Each song in here is poorly written, bland, & utterly laughable. They have nothing to do with the story & give no emotion to the film as a whole, & they just become annoying as a whole. Plus, none of the actors in here can sing.

So all in all, this is by far one of the worst sequels to an animated film ever made, as well as the most unnecessary. You're better off watching some the crappy-ass Disney straight to DVD sequels than this. There is nothing magical about this movie, nor even the journey.
½ July 16, 2011
If you read my reviews, you know I'm not too keen on straight-to-DVD sequels. Even the title is awful! At least the first one had Robin Williams in it.
May 22, 2011
*Sigh* I watched the sequel when I was younger. And it sucks balls. The original is far superior. The sequel sucks donkey balls to the max. That is all.
½ March 23, 2011
Never should have made this film right here.
February 18, 2011
This one is a classic kids movie but the plot was weak and none of the actors returned for this one!! It is cool but not as good as the first!
January 19, 2011
The joy that came from this was mine and my mate's added rifftrack. This movie only did one thing for me and that's cause me to appreciate the original more. Numerous characters were ruined with horrible voice actors, the plot was messy and boring, the dialogue was lacking, and the animation was cheap.

NONETHELESS!! I actually watched the whole thing.
½ January 15, 2011
This movie was awful! Why did they get rid of Robin Williams from the first movie?!
January 12, 2011
for 2000:

very pointless
not an actual sequel
the songs are pet peevish, the animation sucks at times, the characters are shallow and the title doesn't take full effect til the last half
is this movie about the rainforest or rescuing the stinkin' baby animals?
if you're gonna make a sequel YOU BETTER DO IT!
January 12, 2011
Shallow, heartless and unnecessary, Ferngully 2 is not yerrible, but not good either.
michael e.
January 11, 2011
Nowhere near as good as the first mainly because 1. no robin williams 2. NO TONE LOC
½ September 22, 2010
The only thing magical about the whole experience of seeing this film was when the projectionist turned himself invisible and went home.