Ferocious Planet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ferocious Planet Reviews

June 18, 2016
Genuinely cool setup for a b-movie but like almost all entries in this awful, awful series what little good is there overshadowed by terrible special effects and an over-serious tone.
½ January 18, 2016
SyFy channel movie. Low budget, cheesy graphics, and somehow a decently good story. Worth the watch, if nothing to watch, nothing to do, nothing but time to waste, watch it :)
September 25, 2015
I really like both Joe Flanigan and John Rhys- Davies. They probably was the only thing good about this film. The acting with the other co-stars was not good and CGI was pretty much awful.
January 28, 2015
A cheapo made for TV sci-fi time passer that is best watched either a little drunk, or with friends so to rip into it (or both), because this is so throwaway and low in content that entire scenes could be shortened or even cut out entirely and you'd still know exactly of what little is going on. The only nameable star is John Rhys-Davies, and he's on screen for about 10 minutes, leaving the TV actors and B-movie stars to carry this feeble monster movie by themselves. This was intended to be fluff from the start, with the script filled with corny lines, bad jokes, and stupid characters. While the computer effects are like those found in the video game "Quake", from 1996. This can be watched without really wanting to give up on it because it is quite well paced and enjoyable in a very shallow, goofy manner, but this isn't worth a look.
½ April 27, 2014
It sticks out a little bit from these Maneater films, but it still has the usual bad CGI and incoherent plot. Some fun creature moments, but they're not enough to make the film worth sitting through. It had an interesting premise at least.
March 31, 2013
typical sy-fi channel movie...nothing exciting, at least I can see the monster!
October 7, 2012
I watched it because I'm a big fan of Joe Flanigan. However it was a real chore to watch. Bad script, bad music, and bad effects. The deaths were terrible. It was so predictable. I found myself checking to see the counter. I'm still waiting to see Joe flex his acting muscles. Didn't see it this time.
August 8, 2012
Generic Alien concept, some funny lines, a couple twists, and deaths exactly where they are supposed to happen. This film was pretty good for a one-time watch while I was bored.
August 5, 2012
Quite low budget movie, but it is an interesting story that might have been much better if the animations were made better:) However I never really understood why the alien creatures always hunted and killed them, I mean, theoretically this was the first time they encountered humans, so why hunt them like they were sworn enemies?! It was fun though to se Joe Flanigan in something else than Stargate, even though he almost had the same role;)))
½ July 19, 2012
Why.... this was just painful.
June 30, 2012
A bloody syfy horror film....I liked it!
May 28, 2012
This was a really BAD movie, borrowing heavily from others in the genre. However, once I finished laughing at the poor special effects, Styrofoam wreckage and mediocre acting by some of the cast, I kinda got into it. After all, it was filmed on location in Ireland (pretty forested area) with some Irish actors who were pretty good. Still, I missed Mike and the 'bots.
½ April 28, 2012
I survived Ferocious Planet....barely! Joe Flanigan does a good job, but the plot is thin.
½ March 20, 2012
This was just a little bit to much of a B-movie
March 4, 2012
I wanted to really like this movie because I love Joe Flanigan. However, it feel flat and even he couldn't save it. This movie was awful and I couldn't even finish it because it was just bad.
½ January 23, 2012
Watching Sallah/Gimli attempt to speak in a American cowboy? accent was hilarious, unfortunately he doesn't last long, what without his camels and axe.
½ December 16, 2011
This was just a little bit to much of a B-movie
October 22, 2011
Ferocious Planet, is quite the entertaining Syfy film, but delivers a mild dose of action and a relatively entertaining premise.
½ October 6, 2011
A weak effort. Poor script, bad effects and Joe Flanigan being a lame version of his Stargate: Atlantis character. Avoid!
½ September 16, 2011
I went in with low expectations and wasn't let down. Overall, meh. Not painfully unwatchable, but not worth watching if something better is on. A bit more effort and this could have been a good bad movie instead.