Ferocious Planet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ferocious Planet Reviews

Lord Naseby
August 28, 2011
The last film that is months overdue for a request. 7 or 8 months I believe. Once again it is an Irukandji film.

Acting/characters: One of my first thoughts was 'ooh, it has Gimli in it! What fun! But I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, he has a total of about 3 minutes or so of screen time but he has high billing for the film. That right off the bat tells you what kind of film it is. The characters are all what you'd expect from a film like this: stupid stereotypes. every last one of them. And they die in the order they're supposed to. The acting fit the film. It was pretty bad. Not as horrible as I expected but still pretty bad. But everyone in this film was a complete moron. Every. Last. One. Some just less so than others. basically par for the course for a film like this one. 1/10

Plot: I've seen plots like this before: race against time before something bad happens. It played out the same way too. I must admit that it was rather entertaining actually. Nothing awesome but it kept my interest. But it was a bit too long. It was bout 90 minutes but I felt that that was a bit too much. Funny how some movies can make 90 minutes feel too long. I just felt myself wanting it to end. It was a little repetitive and its tricks to add suspense just didn't work because you knew how it was going to end anyways. But I must give it some credit, it was entertaining for the most part. 4/10

Screenplay: Just terrible, absolutely terrible. It's a SyFy movie. They churn them out so fast they don't even bother with the screenplay. Nothing else to say really. 0/10

Likableness: Despite its innumerable glaring flaws I kinda enjoyed it. Mostly. Would I watch it again? Sure with a group of friends. But otherwise no. Would I suggest this one to someone who likes stupid cheesy films like this one? Not really actually. If you want that watch Wyvern. That one was much better. Am I glad I watched it? Sure. It was far from the worst film I have ever seen. It was merely entertaining and overly cheesy but really bad. And the special effects were horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. They could have done better. 3/10

Final Score: 8/40 20%
Tomatometer rating: N/A
Tomatometer rating if my review was added: 0%

No trivia for this movie either. sad day.
½ August 27, 2011
What is this? You take an actor from Stargate, give him a similar role in a lousy syfy production, and hope it works out? Well okay, I watched it, and up till the end even, but I don't feel better now. Predictable, bad effects, stupid characters.
August 22, 2011
the script was terrible, effects were alright. joe flanigan the star of star gate atlantis did an ok job but not his best.. still enjoyed his acting though... saw it on netflix
½ August 8, 2011
Mediocre SyFy movie without the usual budget these films usually get. The writing was kinda bad, characters quite hackneyed, and resolution wholly lackluster. It was saved only by the fact that Joe Flanigan was in it, so the whole thing felt like a crap episode of Stargate.
July 28, 2011
Made for SyFy channel. Absolutely attrocious. The monsters sidestep better than Shane without breaking stride.
July 24, 2011
B Movie sci-fi time travel escapade ... I only really watched for Joe Flanigan from SG Atlantis.
July 20, 2011
This is a dead worst scifi ever.
What a waste of money and finally we see that the lead actor who for years made us cringe in Stargate series is seen as the terrible actor he really is. The rest of the cast is even worse if that is possible.
THUMBS DOWN TOTAL
July 16, 2011
Pure Scifi garbage.. wow
½ July 13, 2011
If you thought Sound of Thunder was a bad movie, try this one. It's amazing I watched it for more than 20 minutes!
May 24, 2011
this movie doesnt deserve even 1%...i stopped it at the middle...boring script and the efects were a big disappointment
May 15, 2011
such a terrible movie only thing that looked decent was the creatures
½ April 16, 2011
Don't poke the alien
½ April 16, 2011
Not bad for a terrible Syfy Channel movie. Lots to make fun of. I don't know how John Rhys-Davies got top billing, since he's one of the first to die. I guess it's that "Raiders of the Lost Ark" mystique.