Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ferris Bueller's Day Off Reviews

July 17, 2016
Favourite film. Excellent acting, intriguing characters and very humorous
½ July 8, 2016
Matthew Broderick is in a good film
July 6, 2016
Director and legendary writer John Hughes might not be recognized by mass audiences for the projects he's made, but movie buffs and critics alike most certainly remember him well. Films like: Planes, Trains & Automobiles, Pretty in Pink, Home Alone, almost all the National Lampoon films, and The Breakfast Club. That and so many are just some of the films he's wrote/directed for that have not only have been home names today but also resonated with a lot of people growing up in the mid 70's and 80's. And while he sadly took a dark path of terrible films to follow afterwards, i thought it be best to look at his more famous film to date: " Ferris Bueller's Day Off." Yet another film along with countless other well know films that i haven't gotten to see till now. And, a bit to my surprise, i was luck enough to enjoy the film for what it was: Classic 80's being young and enjoying life. Basically John Hughes being John Hughes. And yes while i did kind of mind some of the uncanny coincidences that did occur here and there and the already overused story line that countless other films payed homage to, these are just VERY cynical nitpicks that overall don't break the film at all. Because like i said, i was able to enjoy the premise a lot to just sit back and just enjoy John Hughes doing his thing. Great things such as: A very well done and surprisingly charismatic performance by the young Matthew Broderick before doing Godzilla 98 (yeah him in that was....awful.), a very simple but yet entertaining premise, good performances overall from the whole cast, great jokes both from the slapstick and constant fourth wall breaking, and was overall just a fun film to enjoy. And yes it is great, but the film then gives me a sense of sadness as to how John Hughes goes from making cult-classics for over 20 years and before passing made....Flubber and Baby's Day Out. *Sigh* Who knows for sure. Still a great film though.
July 6, 2016
Didn't see it at the time. Rare movie where teen's rebellion isn't punished.
June 30, 2016
98% Ferris Bueller's Day Off is nothing less than pure cinematic entertainment. And the stellar cast led by Matthew Broderick makes an irresistibly fun and funny classic that tackles themes of enjoying life while you can and you can watch over and over again.
June 29, 2016
This meandering adolescent comedy is not as authentic or inspired as John Hughes? other teen comedies, and we don?t have nearly as much fun as young Ferris Bueller.
June 23, 2016
Bad film. Don't get the hype. I understand it is old but this film is slow pointless and not very funny
½ June 21, 2016
It took me 30 years to watch this classic 80s comedy. The film stands the test of time. Light comedy fare, covering various teen issues and teen angst. Ferris and Cameron have become legendary characters. This is definitely one of the best of the 80s teen films, such as Breakfast Club and others. Great music included for a full time capsule effect. Bow bow...chick chick... chicka chicka!

It's fascinating that a sequel was never made.
½ June 17, 2016
I just feel that this is a grown up version of home alone. There's no true meaning to this movie and everything was just flat and dull.
June 13, 2016
Ferris Bueller's Day Off is all about a day of ditching school and going out and enjoying the day. I found this movie to be excellent. It did lack comedy a little which I was surprised with. But overall it is a great movie. I would suggest this movie.
June 12, 2016
Comedic yet surprisingly tense when it chooses to be. The movie is able to alternate between tones fluidly and the cast give good performances
June 10, 2016
Ferris Buellers Day Off is an outrageous family classic, like most of John Hughes movies, and is extremely enjoyable and funny with memorable characters and lines. The only nitpick that I have is a very, very select few of the jokes are either slightly cringe worthy or dated.
½ June 8, 2016
Certainly Ferris Bueller is a lot of fun and Matthew Broderick is great, but I didn't buy into all of the exaggerated outrageousness in the second half and some of the film's surprisingly weird mixed messages. I can see why a lot of people consider it a classic, but in the end it is a sentiment I do not fully share.
June 8, 2016
If you ever have an actual day off, watch this movie.
May 29, 2016
Ferris Bueller's Day Off is the defintion of a great comedy. Every actor in the film does their job perfectly, and the laughs are consistent throughout. Matthew Broderick gives a career best performance in the title role, and is very likeable! John Hughes' s screenplay is terrfic, and provides many great moments of memorable dialogue, including arguably the greatest post-credits scene in movie history. Like with The Breakfast Club (1985), Hughes has created a charming, and fun teen comedy that still holds up incredibly well today. One of my favourite films!
½ May 23, 2016
This is one of the best coming of age tales I have ever seen and I will use the cliche phrase of saying it is a true cult classic! Extremely clever and incredibly funny while also having some real emotional drive behind it and promoting themes such as self belief, standing up for yourself and even doing the right thing. All the characters are great and this has actually inspired some cliches and parodies of its own!
May 21, 2016
It's a terrible movie. I have no clue why people consider it a classic.
May 21, 2016
10 out of 10:

Funny, wild, and all around just fun, Ferris Bueller makes itself one of the greatest teen movies.
May 15, 2016