Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ferris Bueller's Day Off Reviews

Page 2 of 1472
April 11, 2017
My personal favorite movie ever.
April 2, 2017
This is one of the best coming of age tales I have ever seen and I will use the cliche phrase of saying it is a true cult classic! Extremely clever and incredibly funny while also having some real emotional drive behind it and promoting themes such as self belief, standing up for yourself and even doing the right thing. All the characters are great and this has actually inspired some cliches and parodies of its own!
½ March 20, 2017
Very good and funny. It makes me laugh out loud. John Hughes made this very great. Well acted, and a good story.
March 13, 2017
Very hard and heartless to watch as it promotes unkindness to others just because they're older and different. I really like the actors, though, just not in this movie.
March 4, 2017
First watched in 2015. I watch it around 5 times a year, and never gets old. I don't think I get through a single day without quoting it.
February 28, 2017
Out of all the films John Hughes has directed, this was his biggest box office success. Now I can see why.
This film was really well shot, being 30 years old as of 2016, and it was well performed by all of the actors.
It was Bueller's personality that really spiced up the story. How innocent, generous & upbeat cheerful he was. How he was smart enough to find a solution for every situation that had or could go wrong. I don't think there are any other teen comedies either in the 80's or beyond that has a character like this. Definitely not in the 90's or 2000's.
Life, as Ferris famously remarks, moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around, you might miss it. Ferris Bueller is one of the things you should definitely make some time for.
½ February 22, 2017
Did'nt live up to the hipe at all.
February 21, 2017
I will take Bueller's advice someday
February 17, 2017
Ferris is so full of himself I stopped wstching after 10 minutes.
½ January 29, 2017
Ranging from fun and lighthearted to more serious tones, the film is unique and classic all in one.
January 7, 2017
I can't say I'm a big John Hughes fan. For every film of his I like ("The Breakfast Club"), there's at least one I'm not very fond of ("Sixteen Candles") and one I really hate ("Home Alone"). This one falls in the middle. Broderick is likable, Alan Ruck is incredible, and there are some parts that work for me (Abe Froman). Too much of it is just too broad and unfunny for me. I can't stand Jeffrey Jones falling in mud and getting bit by a dog and nothing involving Jennifer Grey is the least bit funny. Broderick lip syncing to "Twist and Shout" in the middle of a parade while folks on the street dance is one of the most detestable sequences committed to film. Everything bad about the 80's is contained in this scene in concentrated form.
½ January 1, 2017
Um clássico é um clássico, isso não podemos negar. Você pode não curtir os clássicos e nem ao menos entender a sua importância para o cinema ou para toda uma geração, mas ele vai continuar lá, sendo um clássico. Ferris Bueller's Day Off, ou meu-deus-do-céu-como-a-tradução-é-infinitamente-melhor Curtindo a Vida Adoidado (1986), do eterno John Hughes, é mais um clássico marcante dos anos 80 que fizeram toda uma geração querer ser ou pelo menos chegar perto de ser um Ferris Bueller (interpretado por Matthew Broderick), um jovem irreal que só existiria em filmes do tipo. Me desculpem mas eu sou totalmente adepto à teoria de que Ferris Bueller é o alter-ego do pessimista e inseguro Cameron Frye (Alan Ruck, ótimo em seu papel), que existe apenas para mover o pobre menino a tomar coragem para enfrentar seus problemas familiares e arriscar mais, aproveitar a vida como Ferris diz. Hoje em dia é inimaginável saber que na geração de 80 os jovens queriam ser extremamente populares e influentes nas suas escolas, e hoje os jovens querem levar uma vida de Skins, mortos e em clínicas de reabilitação. Porém, uma coisa ainda existe em comum e acredito que sempre irá existir em filmes de adolescentes fazendo merda sem os pais saberem: o incrível botão do foda-se totalmente ligado. Adolescentes são burros e adoram fazer burrice, e isso sempre vai existir por gerações. O que Curtindo a Vida Adoidado nos passa é uma lição, a lição de que tá tudo bem ser burro às vezes, você não precisa viver no automático sempre, uma mudança de rotina não vai - mas pode - te matar - inclusive o carro do seu pai - e aproveite os mínimos detalhes. Pare um pouco e pense fora da caixinha, você não precisa ser igual seus pais e nem ter medo disso. Ser burro é cool, somos todos burros quando adolescentes. Mas convenhamos que ser burro e ter a sorte do Ferris seria muito mais legal, né? Curtindo a Vida Adoidado vai ser sempre aquele clássico filme de uma geração que idolatrava líderes de torcida e atletas do time de futebol, que via os filmes do John Hughes sempre que passava na televisão e que começou com o quê hoje é a Cultura Pop. Mas nem por isso é um filme chato pras gerações mais novas, certo? Agora, vá embora viver sua vida, você ainda está aqui?
½ December 31, 2016
Classic, great teen comedy of the 80's.
December 25, 2016
Still an awesome movie night in movie
December 18, 2016
A classic for a reason. Funny and backed up with some drama, the charm of Matthew Broderick is amazing.
December 16, 2016
Amazingly fun definitely has that 80's feel. It's been a while since I've seen this classic but I love it.
December 3, 2016
It's a classic for a reason.
Super Reviewer
December 1, 2016
I'm not sure exactly why I wasn't a huge fan of this movie when I first saw it a few years back, but that's certainly not the case now. Not only is this possible John Hughes' funniest feature to date, but there's plenty of heart to be found underneath all the giggles.

Ferris, one of the biggest procrastinators in film history, decides to take a day off from school and suggests/forces his closest friends do the same. What follows is just about the most ridiculously funny high school films to date. Pulling your parents leg about being sick is one thing, but convincing the entire city of Chicago that you're nearly on your death bed when you're actually singing Twist and Shout in the middle of a parade? That's another thing entirely.

Yes, seeing a principle go to the lengths that Ed Rooney does to take Ferris down is a bit silly. But when you have a talent like Jeffrey Jones to work with, you have to take advantage of all the physical comedy chances you have. But speaking of talent, no one could have played Ferris better than Matthew Broderick. If you don't buy into Ferris breaking the fourth wall within the first minute or so of the film, than the entire story won't work. But with Broderick's charismatic charm, you buy into every second of it.

It's like a great 90's action film, it doesn't take itself too seriously. It knows that most parents wouldn't actually buy into Ferris' "sickness", or that he could impersonate a well-known Chicagoan to get into a restaurant, or even lead a parade, but the film exploits every one of these situations. They take every chance they get in creating a ridiculously humorous moment.

It's not going to blow your socks away with a realistically dramatic take on high school or real-life problems (though some are certainly touched upon), but it is a timeless tale of procrastination during youth, and the great lengths that one could go to make their day extraordinary. The imagination is strong here.

+So ridiculous

+Only works if Broderick is as good as he is

+Fast paced with another laugh just around the corner

8.8/10
½ November 16, 2016
Ferris Bueller is non-stop fun. Matthew Broderick is as charismatic as ever.
November 10, 2016
Great fun. Good laughs. Still a classic.
Page 2 of 1472