Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ferris Bueller's Day Off Reviews

½ February 15, 2016
An excellent comedy.
½ February 4, 2016
Ferris Bueller is just straight up timeless fun from beginning to end...but come on, everyone already knows that. Many fans claim a theory that proposes that Ferris is just a figure of Cameron's depressed imagination, but I wanna propose a different theory: Ferris really is sick and this whole thing is just a fever-dream. Cameron represents his neurotic side that gets the brunt of his real-daddy issues. His life isn't nearly this perfect, but he likes to imagine everyone really does care about him this much. He even imagines that his sister and principal care so much they ruin their entire day to catch him skipping....or maybe it's just a really great movie and I should just shutup.
January 30, 2016
Ferris Bueller's Day Off is directed and written by John Hughes, and it stars Matthew Broderick in a comedy film that is about Ferris Bueller who skips school and enjoy his day by going around Chicago with his best friend Cameron and girlfriend Sloane. The script by John Hughes is really clever, funny, and has a heart, which surprises me even more when I found a fact that he actually wrote the script in less of a week. Matthew Broderick is great in it as he has the charm factor to himself, and can be funny in it. Alan Ruck is terrific in it and is one of the best parts of the film. The funniest parts of the film, are Jeffery Jones and Edie McClurg who are a lot of fun together and I find a lot of delight watching them. The movie has a lot of moments that feels relatable, like not wanting to go to school, getting bored in class, and being like Alan Ruck's character. The parade scene was a lot of fun to watch, and it has the best sense of defeat that I've seen in a film. Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a memorable film that got Matthew Broderick well known for.
½ January 28, 2016
Ferris is funny, Ferris is classy, Ferris is audacious, Ferris' day off is filled with all the humor Matthew Broderick can offer. Don't watch it too often though.
January 16, 2016
I'm either dead inside or I find this movie mediocre. Everyone that wasn't Ferris was hilarious and his character made me cringe the whole time. I think it's because I follow his sister's mentality. Anyway, still wondering why I actually chose to watch this and it's worthy of being categorized into a background movie. I have been told it was great for its time though
½ January 9, 2016
clasicaso ochentero!!!
½ January 7, 2016
Ferris' charm will make you want to see it, and it is this same charm that will keep you interested until the end. One of the best from John Hughes.
½ January 6, 2016
this movie is one that, no matter how many times you watch it, there's always something you seemed to have missed last time. A fantastic performance of Cameron the hypochondriac by Alan Ruck, and an epic screenplay pulled along by Matthew Broderick. A good movie to watch when you pull a sickie - call it inspiration...
½ December 22, 2015
Suicide antidote in its desire to live, Ferris Bueller's Day Off is the seminal 80s high school film, even if the Breakfast Club gets all of the accolades. Matthew Broderick is consistently charming as the title character, but it is the bumbling and malevolent principle Mr. Rooney and Ferris' depressed and cynical buddy Cameron that are the treasures of the film. Perhaps too misanthropic in its treatment of adults, this film will delight the viewer like few others ever have, and even inspire a critical thought or too. Its ability to deal with the full range of complex human emotions and at the same time entertain with a simple film about a kid that just wants to have fun makes this movie essential viewing for anybody who really wants to "understand" the 80s, at least when it comes to the incredibly privileged and irresponsible youth that populated it.
½ December 22, 2015
Possibly the most 80s film ever made and pure joy punctuated by moments of sheer terror that define growing up and out of your childhood.
December 13, 2015
A charming and infectiously fun movie about breaking the rules and having a good time.
December 12, 2015
oooh idk, it's senseless comedy with no comedy, sorry to say that but it's just nonsense. I didn't laugh at all...
December 11, 2015
The character is so frustating
½ November 12, 2015
Classic, funny, and this movie successfully describe the stupidity of teenagers.
November 9, 2015
If you are looking for a movie to watch with your teenagers then look no further than Ferris Bueller's Day Off! This comedic and slightly romantic movie offers everything a good teen movie should have and will also be a good time for parents. However might want to leave the young ones at home.

In Ferris Bueller's Day Off we follow Ferris Bueller(Matthew Broderick), a cunning young man who has decided that today just isn't a day to be wasted at school. With the help of his best friend played by Alan Ruck and his girlfriend who is played by Mia Sara, they plan the perfect day off full of activities. However, they have to stay alert, there are people out there that would like to see them in trouble such as the slightly crazy dean of students. Along the way the trio will learn all about the city of Chicago and about themselves.

This fantastic movie not only has everything you would expect from a funny movie and don't forget a little romance, but it also has many lessons that a growing teenager should have and others that are probably things (such as learning how to fake an illness to get out of school) that parent could do without. However, overall the good lessons far outweigh the bad ones making this movie a great influence for your young teen. Coming in at an hour and fourty-three Ferris Bueller's Day Off is well worth the time it takes to sit down and watch it!
½ November 8, 2015
One of the quintessential comedies of the 80's, Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a real treat. Having Matthew Broderick flesh him out with voice over and breaking the fourth wall is a neat concept, and he is backed by equally good supporting roles, with Cameron, Sloane, and Rooney. The movie is breezy, funny, and most of all fun. It ranks up there with The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles.
October 26, 2015
Yeah, not my kind of movie. It is fun to watch, but I wouldn't rewatch it. It seems like they had many great ideas, but in the end didn't know which direction to go and threw it all in.
October 19, 2015
Hilarious, upbeat and just a fun ride.
½ October 16, 2015
...in twoweeks...... you'd have a DIAMOND...