The Ferryman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ferryman Reviews

½ October 30, 2009
Not bad for a New Zealand film!!!
October 12, 2009
I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I thought it would be awful but I found myself enjoying the story of a Greek spirit who has been running from death for hundreds of years. A quartet of vacationers catch a ride to Fiji on a small boat but take a detour to pick up John Rhys-Davies. Too bad he's carrying the Greek spirit who will work his way through the group.
August 30, 2009
nice horror movie... :)
½ June 26, 2009
A job well done by the actors as each lost their body to the "Greek."
½ May 24, 2009
Pretty good attention holder for a B-list movie, though the part with the dog was just HORRIBLE (cruelty wise) and completely unessessary to the plot.
May 4, 2009
Yippee finally a unknown horror movie this is not a load of crap. The Ferryman starts quite slowly but this is a good thing because it enables us to learn about the characters and their pasts. Most of them (except for two) are nice people and come across very realistic,not the stupid brainless teenagers who normally take the lead roles in this kind of movie. After the get-to-know-you part of the movie the action starts and the movie becomes quite exciting with a good horror atmosphere with a worthy ending. Not a scary movie but it was very enjoyable and i felt for the characters. Very good.
½ April 16, 2009
Not a bad little Horror flick.

Some good performances, nice gore and a story that isn't entirely boring or stupid...okay, a little stupid but it's entertaining.
½ April 1, 2009
the movie starts well but then the movie lose its pace. the movie is not cleared .also thoughtless movie with poor script.some of moments are frightening and exciting which makes me too give some pts. rest all is very poor & below average movie.
½ January 28, 2009
Solid entertainment.
½ January 14, 2009
An interesting movie I stumbled upon. Pretty much a no name cast except for one I think. The story is similar to another movie I've seen but can't recall the name. For as low budget as it overall was, the acting was actually very good. And while not the best or scariest movie I've seen, it was entertaining. As another reviewer put it, it is Dead Calm meets Fallen. Worth renting and I might add to my library if I can find it.
December 4, 2008
Low-budget (unknown actors and an overall cheap location) tells you what you're in for. However, I found this movie above average when I compare it to others that do or did make the headlines. It gives you what you expect from this type of film, and no more. Plus, I didn't mind the acting, really.
½ November 8, 2008
My God, out of ALL the films I have ever seen, I have seen no bigger piece of shit then 'The Ferryman'. I mean, honestly, what a joke! My friend and I knew it was going to suck, thats actually why we rented it. We expected it to be bad, but nothing could prepare us for exactly how awful it was. The biggest disappointment was seeing John Rhys-Davies as a member of the cast. He was so good in Lord Of The Rings.
October 4, 2008
very good for a kiwi horror. i was prepared for worse but it surprised me that it was as good as it was.
½ August 31, 2008
A group of holiday makers on a hired boat stumble upon demonic happenings when they enter a fog bank to answer a distress call from another boat.

A low biudget horror film with nice some nice tense touches. Unfortunately it is let down when the titular character appears in a "did we really need to see the monster" moment, and then is followed by an even more formulaic epilogue.
August 15, 2008
This movie was merely o.k. I wouldn't watch it again, and neither should anyone else who values their time on this planet.
½ July 30, 2008
I expected this movie would be totally bad. But actually it was better then I thought. Twist was okey, the acting okey and over all okey.
½ July 24, 2008
Fun movie. Story is pretty cool, and I'm glad to see Mr. Rhys-Davies in a horror role. Worth a watch if you like silly horror!
July 19, 2008
For straight to DVD nonsense, this aint too bad. The actors play their parts well and there're no hammy SFX. The worst thing is the God awful DVD menu. As a previous reviewer pointed out, this is Dead Calm meets Fallen. Could be worse.
July 14, 2008
I regretted wasting time watching this movie, it's The WOREST ever ..
bil 3araby 76o 3alaih X