Fever Pitch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fever Pitch Reviews

½ December 13, 2014
not a real rom-com guy but I love baseball, Fallon and Barrymore were solid
September 28, 2014
Even though Fallon and Barrymore have some good alchemy on screen, this weird comedy from the Farrelly Brothers is quite not the Fever Pitch it aims to be. It's a little undercooked to really convince and feels like an average TV movie rather than something you would go watch at the movies. There was potential but as it is it's very light on the quality level.
½ September 26, 2014
Ryan (Brett Murphy): You love the Red Sox, but have they ever loved you back?

I wanted to like this especially since Drew Barrymore seems to have the rom-com market cornered. But alas, she has finally met her match; Jimmy Fallon is rom-com poison. No amount of cuteness from Barrymore could save this film; they had no chemistry what-so-ever, and how can they? Fallon barely had a pulse; talk about a dead-pan performance, emphasis on dead! It's too bad because the story was cute and idea was adorable but had they chosen a stronger male lead, one really capable of being charming and funny, this could have been another one of those sleeper faves from Barrymore's extensive rom-com library like: "Never Been Kissed" "50 First Dates" or "Ever After: A Cinderella Story" or "The Wedding Singer". But it's just D.O.A.
September 23, 2014
One of my all time favorite romantic comedies. Can watch this on repeat, never gets old and jokes still make me laugh!
½ September 12, 2014
My kind of a rom-com to enjoy that was well developed with a piece of the sports genre of a baseball film, and charming with the performances of Barrymore and Fallon bringing along some good humor. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
September 1, 2014
Jimmy almost got me to like him in this.
½ August 16, 2014
Drew Barrymore is a delight. I could watch her in anything. Jimmy Fallon sort of works as a leading man, but his acting can be a bit clunky - he's definitely improved in the last 10 years, talk show host is a better fit.
½ July 1, 2014
I would file this movie under a guilty pleasure. Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore have good chemistry together in the movie. The movie also has an interesting look at the fanatical sports fan. There are a couple of romantic film cliches but overall I would recommend this movie.
½ June 29, 2014
Might have appreciated this flick more if I had any interest in baseball. Just an okay romcom. Not really as great as this score.
June 21, 2014
As a red sox lover I am not the one to ask but but I thought it was a lot of fun
May 25, 2014
A terribly written film with terrible performances from two stars who have very little chemistry. What makes this an even bigger disappointment is that the premise calls for so much more than what is delivered.
May 18, 2014
This is not a great movie by any means, but you can't help but like it. Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore are both pretty bad in this, but they have great chemistry.
May 12, 2014
Being a huge baseball fan, thought I would've liked it better.
May 7, 2014
Another rom-com starring drew barrymore, even more commercial than usual.
May 5, 2014
Definitely not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Fallon is obsessed with the Red Sox, but he falls in love. Ok movie.
½ April 27, 2014
Where "High Fidelity" did everything right with its' move from London to Chicago, this movie does everything wrong inserting Boston for North London & Baseball replacing Football (Soccer)...
"Yay, both games have the world PITCH..it'll be PERRRRFECT! - Some Studio Exec
April 26, 2014
I do not understand baseball
½ April 17, 2014
Being a sports fan I really dug this film. A die hard Boston Red Sox fan trying to balance his love for the game with his love for his girl. Fallon was surprisingly good here, and Barrymore also was pretty charming. I could see myself being in this same position one day. The relationship between them formed in a strange way and it didn't really click at the beginning why the hell they were together. But fallons humor (which was excellent) proved to be the connection that won her over. The end as with most romantic comedies was super cheesy and predictable; that being said as a diehard sports fan I couldn't help to like it despite its many flaws.
March 27, 2014
A movie being filmed with no knowledge that the team would win a World Series. After 86 years! Incredible!
February 16, 2014
An underrated classic. Made with love.