Fido - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fido Reviews

½ September 19, 2017
que pendejada, me aburriˇ
September 24, 2016
Lots of silly fun and well acted!
September 14, 2016
...(on of the) BEST ZOMBIE MOVIES.......EVER!!!!!
September 5, 2016
funny movie with a cool idea
August 14, 2016
1. This movie is funny as hell.
2. Zombies can be helpful!
3. Carrie Ann Moss makes a very passable Stepford Wife. She's delightful to watch.
4. That said, she still emptied an entire clip into a zombie & burned down a barn.
5. My new favorite actor is Tim Blake Nelson, who was also in O Brother Where Art Thou?
6. Handguns for 12 year olds? A-Ok.
7. Zombies can smoke.
March 1, 2016
period movies, not my thing: at all
½ January 13, 2016
very funny and has a great cast
January 3, 2016
Fido is by no means a bad film, but it has a few basic problems that make it hard to me to give it a rating higher than 3.

- One problem is that this film doesn't fit in any genre. While for this works to the advantage of some films as it makes them unique, it is a disadvantage for "Fido". The concept is too goofy to be considered a serious movie, the humor is too mild to generate actual laughter (at least in my case) and the gore is too mild and the whole "Pleasantville" setting is too bright and shiny to appeal to zombie movie fans while the gore and zombies themselves will upset many art house film fans. etc. Basically, the film deviates too far from any genre it is inspired by and it's not good enough in either of its deviations for this to actually work in its advantage.

- As a satire of suburban sensibilities and the way people treat creatures of a different species, ethnic group or class, Fido never really succeeds in making a point. Unlike satires like "How to Get Rid of the Others", "Idiocracy" or "Dr Stranglove" the message is too subtle to really have an impact on the viewer and many people probably won't even understand what message this film actually holds.

- Being too shallow for a satire and not goofy enough for a story a la "Monty Python", "Brain dead", "Shaun of the Dead" or "Hot Fuzz" the humor in Fido never really worked for me and considering this is supposed to be a funny movie that's a major drawback.

So why does it still deserve a 6? The visuals are more than decent and the concept is one of the most original concepts I've seen in a film for quite a while. That made it still a film far more worth watching than any Michael Bay crap. It's just too bad they didn't get more out of the concept than they did.
FiLmCrAzY
December 31, 2015
A tidious dark comedy that neither makes you laugh nor scared.
December 17, 2015
It was ok, surprised how highly rated it was.
½ November 1, 2015
A original kind of zombie movie! Many movies pursues the same kind of conflict and plot but this movie stand out because There's zombies. It's a sweet Story about a world that has defeated the zombies and now uses them as servants for the humans. Everyone in the neighborhood has a zombie but the Robinson's don't. Once they acquire one, the father secretly lets out his deep hatred for them. The boy eventually grows a deep love for him and names him "Fido". This is a pretty good story with decent acting and a steady storyline.
½ October 31, 2015
Very Interesting take on Zombies
½ October 22, 2015
A very enjoyable and original film.

Highly recommended
½ October 8, 2015
Why is Fido not hugely popular! MY GOD! Go see it! NOW!!!
October 1, 2015
Really cute zom com that takes the ides in Shaun of the Dead's ending andand adds touches of Pleasantville; and Lassie.
September 15, 2015
fido is more like edward scissorhand of a zombie
August 30, 2015
Watched it because Carrie was in it ­??? other then that it was quite entertaining for a zombie comedy pop classic ..
July 27, 2015
What an imaginative zombie horror comedy! No, it's not a copy of "Shaun of the Dead" but that's a good thing because this film stands out on its own. I thought the introduction to the film was brilliant because it instantly acknowledged other zombie films like "The Night of the Living Dead." I appreciated the dark humour of hating and killing old people and children, domesticating people that are "different," and the very welcome death of a family member in exchange for someone new. There were definitely social commentaries that pervaded the movie. Although the film got too fluffy for my taste at times, there were moments of darkness in this film. If that darkness had been more common thoughrout the film, it could've been an instant favourite of mine. Still, this is a very good movie even though it is not popular. Finding gems like this once in a while reminds me of how much I adore overlooked films.
½ July 14, 2015
Fun, charming, light hearted, easy to enjoy film :)
June 18, 2015
Fun little zombie comedy. Great premise that wears itself a little thin, but it's still a good time.