The Fifth Commandment - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fifth Commandment Reviews

Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A low budget action movie about assassins. There are some good action scenes here in martial style mosty. Keith David are one of the more famous that starrs in this flick. Watchable movie !
½ February 5, 2014
Though a substantial plot must not be expected of The Fifth Commandment, the action scenes were entertaining enough thus making this a fairly satisfying watch.
½ November 21, 2012
A stylish, thrilling, fast-paced and exhilarating action-packed thrill-ride. A slickly crafted film with lots of homage to the action classics of the 1980`s mixed in with the cool style and charisma of today. It`s packed with sensational fight scenes and gun battles that roar with intense velocity. A wickedly cool action-thriller. Rick Yune is terrific, he writes, produces and stars in the film showing his commitment and dedication to the piece. Bokeem Woodbine is fantastic. Keith David is excellent.
October 12, 2012
boring story. So-so action. Too slow plot.
June 12, 2012
when you think it can't get worst... SURPRISE! It certainly CAN do worst
May 21, 2012
Boring plot and ineptly shot action ruins what could have been a rather fun action flick. Too many of the elements are familiar and when dialogue is not your strong point you should avoid long talking sequences in favour of pace and action.
February 8, 2012
U know what really surprised me about dis? it was more story than action and i still liked it. I wudda preferred more action but i enjoyed the story.
February 5, 2012
Not what I expected for the ending, I was thinking more in the lines of Bankok Dangerous. I enjoyed this ending much better.
June 11, 2011
Very poor acting and below average storyline....
June 1, 2011
April 2, 2011
es una película entretenida sin llegar a ser extraordinaria ya que contiene algunas escenas de buena acción pero muy simples aunque la película en si tiene buena intención no logra ser mas que como muchas otras de acción ademas de contenido muy dramatizado poco emocionante.
July 30, 2010
boring story. So-so action. Too slow plot.
½ July 5, 2010
This movie is horrid, it has problems and nothing but problems:

- The characters in this movie are simplistic, boring and are not fleshed out very well. They keep making stupid choices.

- the acting is stiff and done poorly.

- this movie is filled with plotholes.

- Rick Yune who plays as Chance (the protagonist of this movie) keeps talking in a deep gruff voice and his 'brother' Miles talks the same way. Who are these morons try to sound like?

- the plot is poorly written.

- the camera shifts a lot.

- the action scenes are overly editted and poorly done. They're not very impressive.

- the dialogue is poorly written.

- the wrong sounds play at certain parts; for example, in one scene a gun shot sound plays at a time when an explosion occurs.

- the cops go after Chance without investigating and proving that he killed a cop. It clearly shows in the movie that Chance did not kill a cop at all, he only killed bad people.

- the girl that Chance protects is very annoying and stupid, and what's even worse than her is the fact that she does not die in this movie. She really should die.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Overall, this movie is more trouble than it's worth. It's dull and boring. There is no redeeming quality to found in it, IT JUST PLAIN SUCKS. IT IS NOT WORTH WATCHING. THIS IS JUST ANOTHER DUMBASS ACTION MOVIE THAT TRIES TO BE LIKE THE "BOURNE IDENTITY" AND FAILS MISERABLY. DON'T EVER WATCH IT. 0/10
½ June 28, 2010
OMG!!!! I dont know what made the producers to make this kinda movie with a borin story and boring acting.. If you got nothin to do... then waste your time with this...
June 20, 2010
This was basically Ninja Assassin-meets-Romeo Must Die with half the budget and even less of the acting. 'm a big fan of a multi-culti cast, but I'd love for them to be in quality films. No disrespect to Rick Yune, I loved him in The Fast and the Furious, but I was unimpressed with this flick. Everything about it was stale: the acting, the shootouts, the fight scenes; all of it. Perhaps the only highlight of the film was its original take on contract killing, to which I give Yune kudos. Other than that, pass this one up.
June 20, 2010
½ April 15, 2010
A sloppy piece of crap of a movie that has more holes on its plot than a strainer cup. Rick Yune (who also happens to be both the writer and producer of this mess), plays the lead role, Chance Templeton, a contract killer. He was rescued by Max "Coolbreeze" Templeton (Keith David) when he was kid right after his parents were killed.

The movie was horribly mis-casted and poorly written that I got confused on what was happening during the first 10 or 15 minutes. When he was rescued by Max from a contract killing gone sour, Chance was portrayed by an Asian child actor. Then when he turned into a young adult, (played by BooBoo Stewart) he turned into a Caucasian. But for some reason when he grew up, his features miraculously turned back to Asian. Talk about racial identity crisis.

Yune's acting was so stiff, you would think he was constipated or something. I totally agree with the reviewer White Dragon that Angel (Dania Ramirez), the singer (a la J-Lo) and main target of the contract killers, was so annoying you would wish for her to die. But then, she didn't because she also happens to be Chance's love interest in the end (suprise, suprise...lol!).

The action scenes were messed up and poorly edited. It's like watching Chuck Norris acting in a Steven Seagal movie. The stunts were horribly done.

To sum it all up, don't even dare watch this...not unless you have a death wish (die of boredom and cheesiness). I sat through the whole film just because there was nothing else to watch on HBO. Plus the fact that I really wanted to write a movie review today (this my longest movie review in RT to date). Too bad that it was wasted on this wretched action flick.
skactopus
January 16, 2010
The Fifth Commandment is a tarnish on the directing resume of Jesse V. Johnson.The story for this 90 minute picture is quite fitting for an action thriller of this caliber; however, some plot holes and poor writing really hurt the film as a whole. The introduction is similar to an 80's shoot 'em up, which is one of the more enjoyable parts of the movie, but once the story advances years forward, it turns into a bland waste of time.As it should, The Fifth Commandment has its fair share of action. Still, the sound effects, editing, camera work, and background music all contribute in a negative way, resulting in mediocre sequences of violence.There are some recognizable faces in Rick Yune, Keith David, Bokeem Woodbine, and Dania Ramirez. None of these names are a big help. Rick Yune has the personality of an assassin, but his dialogue is just horrendous. Dania Ramirez is pretty, but she comes across as annoying and unimpressive. Both Keith David and Bokeem Woodbine are the only ones that contribute a little in the acting department.The Fifth Commandment has a lot of negatives, which makes it an easy film to pass on. Therefore, feel free to watch something else.
January 6, 2010
The definition of generic. The story's been done a million times before in much better movies, and the action didn't provide anything new. Not to mention the acting and writing left much to be desired. But, hey, it was somewhat amusing.
January 4, 2010
I hate to nitpick, but isn't "Thou Shalt Not Kill" actually the sixth commandment? I'm pretty sure "Honor Thy Father And Mother" is the fifth. So unless I'm reading a different Bible than everyone else, this film needed a different title to make its own lines and references accurate.

That said, this film was heavy on the action and light on pretty much everything else. I enjoyed seeing the blindingly hot Dania Ramirez (Heroes) again, but her part was pretty simplistic. In fact all the parts were pretty simplistic. So if you're on a martial arts kick, this movie might be entertaining, but otherwise there are plenty of better action flicks out there.