The Fifth Commandment - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fifth Commandment Reviews

December 31, 2009
A very enjoyable action flick. A decent sleeper.
October 12, 2009
Not what I expected for the ending, I was thinking more in the lines of Bankok Dangerous. I enjoyed this ending much better.
½ October 12, 2009
Terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible film. This film makes Crank 2 look like a masterpiece. The only reason I gave this half a star was because I had drinks with Bokeem Woodbine once in a bar in Calgary and tried to find him a hook up for pot. This film is truly awful. The story is garbage the action is junk and if I had seven days to bitch about the acting I would. Rick Yune is such a terrible actor and given the fact that the script was total crap didn't help. One stupid catch phase after another delivered in the oddest ways possible. I was bored the action was so awful you could pretty much picture the coordinator standing right there telling them what to do. I have taken so painful shits in my day but this was ten times worse to sit through than any of those.
September 25, 2009
Recommended by Deano78.
September 25, 2009
A pretty good straight to DVD action film. Some good fight scenes and stunt work. An assassin passes up a hit on a female singer and gets drawn in to protect her from the next taker. Feels like quite a few other films put together most notably Bangkok Dangerous and the Replacement killers.
September 14, 2009
½ September 1, 2009
C-list actor Rick Yune (best known as Zao from "Die Another Day") cranks the dial on the Way-Way-Back Machine to the mid-1990's for his first screenwriting effort, the story of an Asian assassin fighting other nefarious Asian stereotypes in a film that looks like it was swiped from other films over 10 years old. Chance Templeton (that names just SCREAMS 1994) is an orphaned youngster raised as an assassin by "Coolbreeze" (Keith David, proving again that he has yet to find the script that is not worth his time). When he decides to square off against some other assassins to prevent them from killing a pop star in Thailand, he joins his former adoptive "brother" (Bokeem Woodbine) who was also raised by Coolbreeze. As this film was produced by Rick Yune, written by Rick Yune, and featured Rick Yune, it has one major drawback‚?¶Rick Yune. He has the acting depth of a large stone and sounds like he's trying his best Dirty Harry impression. His script is tired clich√© after tired clich√© that we‚??ve all seen Chow Yun Fat do better. The only thing he has going for him is that he happens to be an Asian guy that is 6 feet tall. Woodchuck sez, "Pretty crappy."
August 31, 2009
For a low budget film, it was okay. For a 2008 movie, it felt too much like those old 90s action movie though. It's got action, but story doesn't make much sense.
½ August 31, 2009
Solid action flick, it is what it is
½ August 30, 2009
Once bokeem character died, the movie lost it's edge.
August 17, 2009
Always great to see Keith David strutting his stuff, but this one is generic to the point of pointlessness. Watch it if there's nothing else on.
August 7, 2009
This an entertaining enough action movie. The title and its use in the movie are cool, but the plot, written by actor Rick Yune, isn't very exciting or original. The most entertaining character in the movie is killed off way too early. Rick Yune himself is decent in the leading role, an assassin who learns to change his ways. The action scenes are filmed grittily, but there is nothing mind-blowing. In the end, we have a decent memeber of the action genre, if nothing special.
½ August 4, 2009
Good fight sequences, predictable plot, acting was pretty good.
½ August 3, 2009
This was a different kind of assassin flick. Father is the teacher...Brother takes his own road as a bodyguard..leaving the star of the show as an orphaned step son to take his own road as an assassin. Coincedentally there this one account involving a singer...("The Bodyguard" with Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston comes to mind at this point...) that the brother has is a target the other brother doesn't want to they work things out in a way where the bottom line is that the singer needs matter what and the protections she needs takes him on the road to revenge...See this it's not too bad!
½ August 3, 2009
i liked the lead guy in this movie i thought he was cool and i like the action and shoot outs and the story wasnt to bad
July 29, 2009
kinda boring but has lots of gun use. not too bad but not great. lots of recognizable actors.
½ July 21, 2009
This movie had a generic feel to it, but this was done well. You've seen this type of movie before. Kid sees his family get killed, and then grows up with revenge on his mind. This time there's a bit of a twist...Keith David plays as a father figure to the kid. All this done, even though he used to work with the kid's killer. Together, Bokeem Woodbine, and Dania Ramirez add some star power to the film. Good action, decent drama, and a generic plot played to the tee, will make this one a very watchable DVD. I think this has plenty of replay value just because of the action scenes. A solid rental. I will eventually buy this on myself.
July 3, 2009
Mediocre storyline but pretty good martial arts/action movie.
July 2, 2009
Its actually not a bad concept, but the film seems to have a distinct lack of identity. It starts off as a sort of tribute to blacksploitation and 70s Kung Fu films, but then shifts into a 'gritty' survival action movie. I think had they emphasized the former and really funked the whole thing up it would've been a really cool movie. As it was it was just mediocre.
May 27, 2009
Great action movie, the actong is terrible but hey.. you dont watch these sort of movies for the acting now do you? Totally brainless, but awesome action if you wanna turn your brain off for the evening watch this!!