Fight Club - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fight Club Reviews

April 2, 2017
Fascinating. Made heart pumping like crazy.
½ March 28, 2017
Maybe David Fincher's Opus magnum.
A great movie in every way you see it.
½ March 20, 2017
A film that made millions off the exact systems it heaps dirt on is hailed as art...and I am left wondering why. If it was half an hour shorter, a little more thoughtful and not just completely token in terms of the blather that Pitt's character spouts I might have been convinced that this film deserved serious credit. Bored white-guy loses his mind and looks for unusual thrills is not an original nor very compelling premise - this formula fans claim it satirises through some ingenious self-aware direction just didn't play that way to me. I mean, if it was really a satire it would have been funnier, quicker, rung more true as a representation of something that might actually occur. Instead it plays out as far too sincere, too try-hard. With just enough thought to make younger viewers think it was a smart film, just enough violence to cover the really boring middle of the film, and just enough visual artistry to satisfy anyone who wasn't otherwise fascinated, I get why it hits a chord with a fair few viewers.
March 13, 2017
A controversial movie that tends to be polarizing in the eyes of many critics. But remember the reason why this movie is loved is because it tells a cool story and looks cool while telling said story and that can never be denied.
March 5, 2017
Incredible story, fantastic charachter developement, great directing and dialogues. One of the best movies of all time.
March 5, 2017
This movie blew me away, i mean it wasnt what i expected. Which is so good of a feeling nowdays with trailers spoiling more and more of movies... i think its a masterpiece
February 27, 2017
5 star. remains the best...
February 26, 2017
First rule about fight club is to not talk about fight club. Second rule don't talk about fight club. Phenomenal great movie starring brad Pitt and Edward Norton. For some odd reason this movie is interesting and intriguing. The plot is not that special but how the director and the acting of this movie makes it special. You could have made a pg 13 version of fight club but the directors wanted the realness so that fight club would be realistic. And it is realistic and is interesting. How something so simple becomes so iconic and people consider this movie a timeless classic.
February 24, 2017
My favorite movie ever. Real, gritty, and a fun twisting ride for everyone.
February 23, 2017
I was surprised at how good this was. Way more than the lines it's known for and the twist it has. Amazing film.
February 21, 2017
An interesting film, and one that is generally considered a bit of a classic. Its certainly an odd movie, and one that cannot easily be compared to another, although is overall one that I really enjoyed. Our two leads are excellent, particularly Pitt as the controlling, domineering Tyler. Certain developments and scenes are very wacky, although this fits in which much of the film and characters. The famous finale is somewhat foreseeable from the outset, although is still executed really well.
February 19, 2017
Fight Club is a masterpiece. Brad Pitt gives the performance of his career as he embodies the man every boy wants to be. Clever, witty, and tough. Fight Club tells the story of men who have fallen into conformity and want an escape. They are liberated only by establishing a brutal club where they can let loose on each other. However, the element that makes this film unique is the disturbing view it has on how we want to see ourselves and how we cope with who we are. The acting is terrific, the soundtrack is terrific, and it looks amazing. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone.
February 16, 2017
One of the best movies ever made in cinema, full of social satire on American society and a very shocking, fantastic twist in the middle of the movie. Fight Club is a very entertaining movie, with a ingenious screenplay and some great actors, even the soundtrack is really cool. It will always be one of my favorite flicks. Recommended !!
February 10, 2017
One pf the greatest!!!!
February 10, 2017
I see it as a representation of the internal fight a person suffering from a mental illness goes through.
½ February 7, 2017
Just noticed that this film is in the comedy genre on Flixter. It is indeed a joke. If this film depicts 'true' masculinity, then something is very, very wrong. I hated the message that this film gives.
February 4, 2017
One of my favourite films of all time. Not at all like I expected.
January 20, 2017
Palahniuk. Fincher. Pitt. Norton. The four horsemen of Pulp Fiction's mayhem. The film hit American audiences at just the right time, high tide of the Dot-com boom, silencing the party like a record scratch and inspiring both the comforted and the afflicted to want to paint a self-portrait, build a house, or maybe just blow some shit up.
½ January 18, 2017
Gave this one a re-watch awhile back, just because it was on cable and I got fished in...

Would it be fucked up to call this a comfort movie? Because it's definitely one I've seen dozens of times and will put on for background noise just because it's familiar and can be ignored.

By the same token though, I really enjoy everything about the film, from the story itself, to the look and feel of the film and the overall message behind it.

Highly recommended.
January 17, 2017
David Fincher crafted an amazingly directed film with great twists and turns. The film is also superbly written and has great, interesting characters. Fight Club is probably the best of Fincher's films but is also one of the best films ever made.