Fight Club - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fight Club Reviews

½ August 6, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

El público siempre disfruta de un final impresionante, ¿pero tiene algún propósito o es solo la salida más audaz a una trama destinada a caer en los estereotipos de un antisocial atormentado?
½ August 6, 2017
It is my favourot movie at all time
August 1, 2017
Best narration in movies I've seen so far.
July 30, 2017
Interesting, funny, great acting, surprising, and a very good movie that will mess with your mind in a very good way.
July 28, 2017
The best of all time
July 25, 2017
A very important step in my adolescence.
July 18, 2017
It's all in your head, and you're on a need to know basis. Self Improvement is masturbation, but Self Destruction...
July 15, 2017
The direction is very very very excellent, my CumLaude for Fincher
July 13, 2017
David Fincher unravels Chuck Palahniuk's best yarn & spins it into a motion picture masterpiece. This film can be seen as dark & satirical, but it can also be viewed as inspirational...in a deep-seeded, anarchistic desirey sort of way. The plot unfolds in unique fashion; the acting is downright stupendous; the lines are highly quotable; and the rewatch value is off-the-charts.
July 13, 2017
Funny, violent, and ahead of its time. Deserves more than an 79%
July 11, 2017
One of the best movies ever made.
July 6, 2017
Perhaps a little niche for me to fully enjoy this cult classic - however, it is definitely as quotable as its status gives it, and it is a wild ride (which I really should've seen coming) from start to finish. The slight meta humour, the great performance, the somehow timeless visual style - 'Fight Club' may be overhyped on the internet, but it's still worth a watch (and possibly a rewatch, to pick up on all the hints).

As for the message - there are layers of meaning to the socioeconomic commentary, but not sure how satirically it should be taken.
½ July 3, 2017
A provocative yet mind-blowing satire which is more than you can ever think of.
June 29, 2017
Like Mr. Robot but better
June 23, 2017
Are you kidding 79% rating on Rotten Tomatoes? Fight Club is a classic & only gets better with each viewing. 100% rating all day long people.
June 22, 2017
Complex, stylish, and deeply socially conscious. This is a future American classic with the core of social commentary about how we are a society driven by consumerism above human connection; capitalism above compassion, and the danger in being blinded by idealism.

This is a visually-stunning, biting, hilarious, and brutally violent masterwork that is easily one of the most brilliant and approachable pieces of pop art.
June 18, 2017
***
Whilst technically accomplished and featuring some good performances, I feel I may need to watch 'Fight Club' again in order to truly appreciate it, as at the moment many things feel unexplained.
June 16, 2017
I love this movie, but I'm not suppose to say anything about it....Shhhhh!
½ June 16, 2017
I really liked this film. It had a different premise, An insomniac who is looking for an escape and finds it in Tyler Durden, a soup salesman. They join together to create an underground mens fight club. As always, David Fincher directs this film in a way where you can feel the atmosphere of the scene, He did it with Se7en and Panic Room and did it here again. Edward Norton played The Narrator very well, a man who is looking for an escape from his dead end life. Edward Norton is probably one of my favorite actors, he's very believable as always in his films. Brad Pitt was also perfect as Tyler, the mysterious stranger who brought happiness to The Narrator's life. There were some beautiful, interesting shots in this film. The score was also perfect to this story. David Fincher had great direction for this film, and it shows. Fincher's probably one of my favorite directors. This film also has an underlining theme of Consumerism, how Consumerism takes over peoples' lives. It's a very strange and smart film, and I appreciate that.

Rating: 9.1/10
June 11, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: There's no two ways about it; David Fincher's 'Fight Club' is absolute genius, and if nothing else it's just brilliant to see a big movie this clever and ambitious make it to the silver screen. After all, its intelligence is undoubtedly the biggest takeaway, as Fight Club's brilliantly creative story revolves around such interesting thematic concepts that you come away with those thoughts etched into your brain far more than anything else.
Now of course that could have made the whole experience rather dower and over-serious, but to counteract that Fincher establishes a tone that straddles black humour and punchy whit to maintain energy and deliver the ideas in a more light-hearted fashion. That's brought home not only by a fantastic script and great direction, but also by brilliant performances from both Edward Norton and Brad Pitt.
In the end, as a result of its light touch, the film thankfully doesn't feel like its pushing home a message; it's more so a presentation of ideals that the audience is then left to decipher and interpret themselves. That's a property of all great art, and it most definitely shines brightly in Fight Club.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The only thing is, an ideas movie is essentially what Fight Club tries to be, which is a slight issue when its themes are so conceptual. In a way there, I like to compare my issues with this with Christopher Nolan's 'The Dark Knight,' as both films discuss their social ideals with? a slight detachment from reality without grounding those quandaries to keep things truly transcendent.
VERDICT: A blockbuster about ideas is a rare thing, but 'Fight Club' pushes many boundaries to deliver something enjoyable, thought-provoking and most-of-all ambitious. Well done Mr Fincher.