The Fighting Seabees - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fighting Seabees Reviews

½ September 19, 2015
Racist, sexist, poorly written, and badly acted, The Fighting Seabees is interesting only as a WWII propaganda curiosity and a window into the less-than-politically-correct times.
April 23, 2014
Watching one of my all time favourite movies. I watched it countless times as a kid.
March 19, 2014
another good WWII propaganda pic
½ April 20, 2012
Army is still better...
December 14, 2011
This is a straight up Hollywood- propoganda- you-better-we-can-beat-the-Japs flick. While briefly kinda sorta capsulizing the creation of the SeaBees construction battalion during World War 2 it's loaded with good ole John Ford/ Wayne Irish drinking buddies battling stock war footage Japanese and USA Navy command. It's a paint by the numbers film but it's a great example of golden age Hollywood supporting the war effort in the 1940's.
November 11, 2011
Excellent film - Susan Hayward excellent as the woman torn between two men , and John Wayne acting as only he can...
½ August 8, 2011
Monday, August 8, 2011

(1944) The Fighting Seabees
WAR

Silly propoganda patriotic war picture centers on a construction crew who do construction work for the US army! With John Wayne as the man whose in charge of instructing the workers what to do! Wayne is not a commander yet, but is granted to be one after disobeying an order of hiding out in a bunker, but as soon as a single person doesn't listen and gets himself shot in the process, he valiantly grabs a bunch of guns for his construction workers and leads them to a fight against the Japanese even though most of them had no experience in weapon training. In the first 30 minutes of the film, Wayne gets angry because his construction crew aren't allowed to be equiped for any weapons to defend themselves against surprise atacks from the Japanese, even though Waynes construction crew received no army training in handling a guns and then gets awarded as commander for getting most of his unprofessionally trained construction crew shot and killed in the process of doing this pointless act. This is an entirely a fictional propoganda US war picture, made 1 year before WWII ended!

1.5 out of 4
½ June 2, 2011
No more no less than a propaganda film, made during wartime. Wayne plays a construction chief convinced to the necessity of training construction workers to fight as well. There's a couple of good action scenes and Susan Wayward for the curious love angle ( she's the only female around on a Japanese held island!). Standard fare.
½ November 28, 2010
John Wayne leads a group of construction workers into becoming an armed unit, further proof that John Wayne was singlehandedly responsible for every victory in World War II
½ May 24, 2010
U havent seen Fighting Seabees?
December 26, 2009
Watched it for 30 minues but lost my interest. Pointless American Propagandha flick.
December 9, 2009
Possibly the campiest war movie ever? Just thank Susan Hayward, whose character is named Connie, OF COURSE.
November 15, 2009
well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch....its got a good cast of actors/actressess throguhout this movie.....i think that dennis o keefe, john wayne, susan hayward play good roles/parts throughout this movie....i think that the director of this wartime/drama/action/adventure movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie....i think that the fight scenes n the gun shoot outs were good throughout this movie i think that this is a good war movie 2 watch
August 3, 2009
I think that I can survive without this one.
July 25, 2009
Saw it before and really love his movies
April 9, 2009
seabees we fight we build i have done training with them the movie is historically correct hurra
March 11, 2009