Fightville - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fightville Reviews

September 8, 2015
Boring individuals talk about their aspirations to reach the top of a boring sport. Perfect to fall asleep to.
February 20, 2015
Fightville was an insightful look at the intense world of MMA hopefuls fighting for the chance to earn a pro contract. The directors portrayed the characters in a way that made you root for them and feel like you were right there watching them struggle and succeed. This film will appeal to both UFC fans and non fans alike. The young fighters featured from the Lafayette, Louisiana area are as authentic as they come. The raw footage captures the intensity and sacrifice these warriors make. UFC and other pro fighting circuits are the quickest growing professional sports franchise worldwide. Young wrestlers, MMA fighters and boxers are gravitating toward the sport as a place where they can continue to pursue their dreams of being the ultimate warrior. Fightville shows us how they do it.
½ December 28, 2013
Interesting doc on the underbelly of MMA aspirants.
December 17, 2013
"Fightville" feels authentic about this world, where success may be measured in wins, but the balance of unrelenting brutality and self-discipline needed for those wins is a trickier equation. I say RENT IT!!!
June 22, 2013
Who knew there was a minor league for the UFC. Team Dustin!
½ May 23, 2013
"...the car is my elephant, and the postcards are my midgets."
½ May 23, 2013
A decent doc on the semi-pro life on an MMA fighter. If you enjoy the sport, it'll keep you interested - but for the uninitiated, nothing that should take up your time.
½ January 7, 2013
i need to watch this in its entirety. would have liked to see more of Poirier.
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
September 12, 2012
"We build better men."

A documentary that focuses on a group of young athletes in southern Louisiana as they work toward achieving their goals of becoming professional mixed martial arts fighters.

REVIEW
August 19, 2012
A decent documentary into the gritty low levels of the mixed martial arts fight business. It does an excellent job outlining the hard life of struggling through tough times to live out their dreams. The USA-MMA isn't the prettiest looking organization but it is helping the sport with a promoter that is living the sport. I would have liked a better look into the behind the scenes as Poirier made it to the better known organizations though.
July 28, 2012
Fightville is an MMA documentary that follows the semi-pro careers of a pair of fighters, a fight trainer(Tim Credeur) and a promoter for the organization in which they fight. Although amateurish in nature, the film is fairly entertaining with a slight but possibly underdeveloped human interest side. With a run time of only 85 minutes, this is a must see documentary for MMA lovers.
July 24, 2012
Good look at the "minor leagues" of the world of mixed martial arts, and what it takes to succeed. Definitely worth a watch for any MMA fans.
June 9, 2012
Okay but way too skin deep and inconclusive.
½ May 28, 2012
This will make you respect the art of fighting and work that goes in to MMA. I always said boxing is the greatest fighting out there but MMA is getting closer by the day. This is a great documentary for everyone.
½ May 14, 2012
As a big fan of MMA I had no doubt I would like Fightville. It's a great documentary that really delves into what makes these fighters tick.
May 2, 2012
I went to this documentary this with some doubt if it would be worth my time and money. I haven't had much exposure to mixed martial arts and still remembered when it was banned for basically being a barbaric slug fest (so I've been told.)

I really enjoyed Fightville. It didn't make me a sudden mixed martial arts fan, but I now have a whole different perspective for those involved in the sport. The business side at the local level was so interesting, and the dedication of the fighters is amazing! I don't want to give away the movie for you, but go see Fightville-- the "characters" in the movie are definitely interesting.
April 22, 2012
Whether your an MMA fan or not, this story has alot of heart and meaning behind the fighting. You have Dustin, a focused, driven guy who has had the encouragement and support of his family-fighting his way to the top of his sport. Then you have Albert, who is talented, but is held back by himself more than anything-he didn't get that support and encouragement. I'd love to see a sequal with Dustin winning the world title and Albert rising above it all!!!5 stars
April 21, 2012
I saw Fightville last night, and am also a fan of MMA. I attended the film with a friend who is not an MMA fan, and we both left the theatre raving about the film. From start to finish, the film was riveting, and you really felt like you got to know the fighters, the promoter, the trainers. The movie also brings up a lot of issues that you will be discussing well after the movie is over, including ethical issues, societal issues, and economic issues. I am a documentary fan, and this film ranks as one of my favorites. Great movie.
April 20, 2012
If you like fighting you have to see this movie. Great insight into the world of fighting.very well put together makes me wanna put the gloves on and whoop some ass
April 12, 2012
amazing photography; music ; a touching story about young men trying to make it against the odds. 5 stars