Film Geek - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Film Geek Reviews

December 28, 2013
I'll Never Get Tired Of Loving Movies And It's The Only Art Form I'm Interested In And That I Like.
June 25, 2013
Begins with promise, but then falls into a predictable and pointless mess. I actually started liking this movie because of the protagonist. That's me right there, except not as anti-social and weird. I'm the guy people come to for movie recommendations and I'm the guy that pulls out the obscure directors and even screenwriters. I know most of the Best Picture winners of for sure the past forty years, and I can tell you a good amount of the nominees. I watch at least three movies a week and have seen more movies than the average person twice my age. I know the trivia, I love talking about movies, and I know film, and the beginning of this movie really showed that interesting and unique obsession. But then once the love interest comes into play, it becomes a predictable and completely stupid story that you can already tell where it's headed. I really thought I would enjoy this one.
June 5, 2013
Who are you trying to get to?

I cant rent this to you!
May 14, 2013
Surprisingly heartwarming, despite the insufferable nature of the main character. I found myself rooting for him toward the end.
May 7, 2013
He looks like a cross between Barney Fife and Forrest Gump and sounds just like Beavis & Butthead. What's not to like? OK, I'm kidding, but if you can get past the idea that this is NOT someone you'd like to be stuck in a room with, this film is in the fine tradition of PeeWee's Great Adventure and Pennies From Heaven--Geek Made Good. It's a "feel good" movie, because if someone like this does ok, you feel like you could, too. . . .And of course, the last shot brings us back to reality.
½ April 8, 2013
And you thought you were a film geek.
February 22, 2013
A fun movie if you are a film geek yourself. Quirky and low-budget, with a heart of gold. Plus one of the finest endings you'll ever see in any movie ever... if you're a film geek, that is.
February 7, 2013
Strictly for film lovers.
November 29, 2012
Interesting insight into a fellow film lovers world. But seriously this guy has a problem. But i'd love to have his collection!
½ November 13, 2012
Hilariously awkward film. Sadly, I have known soo many people like this guy.
October 28, 2012
Too close to home on this one. Best part was the dog biting his hand.

2008 Movies: 33
½ September 30, 2012
This is a B-movie at its finest...but that doesn't mean it's bad. Watching this movie was a reluctant, lonely Friday night decision that I don't regret. Crappy direction, crappy acting, and crappy production don't take away what's really important here: Entertainment. I was entertained for all 72 minutes.
September 11, 2012
Unfortunately, I relate to this guy way to much.
July 21, 2012
Not a great film, but if you're a film geek yourself the relatability factor is through the roof.
February 12, 2012
Very Independent, in the sense that it is seemingly low budget. but that doesn't make it a bad film
though the acting it mediocre at best.
In the end: i would recommend seeing it if you are bored at home and have nothing better to do.
August 2, 2011
really liked this low low budget film!!!
½ July 12, 2011
One of the more creative films to scope the world of film geeks, nerds, connoisseurs, and experts, most of the online film community can relate to the story of Scotty Pelk: Completely obsessed with film, Scotty can only communicate with people through the art form, and though his expertise is of the highest level, he is ridiculed throughout the film for his pestering and endless awkwardness with other people. In his spare time, it's all about film. Even when it's his day off he goes back to the video store; suggestions for a date invariably come back to film; all forms of conversation, you guessed it, are film related. Watching his exploits becomes painful as he is fired, mistreated, and blocked out of every societal standard possible. Though there is a spot of romance, the girl he goes after is visibly reluctant, which we're not sure the effervescent Scotty is even aware of, or if he chooses to live in his fantasy world, constructed of video tapes lying around his tiny apartment. The ending is by far the best part, a fantasy all film buffs and geeks have, and yet there's a Shyamalian twist that is both comical and sadly dark. I hope this is not what normal people compare us to, but it is fun to watch, geeking out at the multiple film references and scenes of desperation.
July 9, 2011
Film Geek is too depressing to be enjoyed. It was ok for awhile, but then it seemed like they were just trying to fit as many references to movies, directors, and actors as they could in an hour and fill the rest of the movie with the lead jacking off. There's really no need for it and absolutely no point to it. The ending is absolutely disastrous and brought my rating down another half star.

There are a few good things about it though. It is at times funny, but it's jokes do become tiresome after about half an hour. Melik Malkasian is pretty good at playing the annoying film geek. I just didn't enjoy the character enough for his performance to have that big of an influence on me. The third thing that is good about it is that it's short. If it was any longer, it would be impossible to get through.
½ April 18, 2011
This movie has a lot of heart, an endearing main character, and a surprisingly believable love story. So why do we have to see the main character masturbate into his sink not once, but FOUR TIMES?
March 20, 2011
Oh my god, he's sniffing the (video) boxes again!