Filmage: The Story of Descendents/All - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Filmage: The Story of Descendents/All Reviews

March 29, 2016
Excellent! This film will make you want to/wish you were in a band
March 5, 2016
I was quite young when I saw this, I was thirteen years old. I am quite young when I write this review, I am fifteen years old. When I was nine, I saw a Beatles show(not the actual band) with my grandmother and aunt. From that point forward I was enamored with The Beatles, the whole of 2009 was spent spooling through their entire discography. But after that, I could never become as interested in music as I had been after I discovered The Beatles. Then, my parents along with some family friends(all fans) took me to a screening of the documentary, I was not expecting much. Though you do not expect much right before something incredible happens. I loved every second of it, I was completely enthralled, how could I even tear my eyeballs from the screen! The crude humor, the loving bond between the band members, for the first time in my life it felt as if something had clicked deep within me. I felt this strange emotion, I can't even translate it into words. All I can say is, I didn't even know what punk rock was, now I knew I had to be a part of it. The next several years I had spent going to shows, getting almost stabbed, shouting the words. It might not seem like much, but it felt as if I was a part of a movement. Like we all had come to that show only for each other, under one united cause, to enjoy some music and hang out. One thing that has stayed consistent for me in the fast changing beginning years of adolescence and my incoming birthing into adulthood, one thing remained consistent, Descendents. Feeling sad, listen to 'I Don't want to Grow Up', feeling bored, put on 'Milo Goes to College', any part of my life could somehow be related to Descendents, they sung not only the anthems to my life, but the entire playlist of it. Thanks for the memories guys, try to make it to this year's Fun Fun Fun Fest.
November 24, 2015
One of the best music documentaries I've ever seen. She great banter, she really is.
June 11, 2015
If you're a fan then you need to see it and if you're not then who cares what you do. ;)
May 13, 2015
A great documentary about one of my favorite punk bands and they really do a great job and I would recommend this to anyone that enjoys punk rock or any decendents fans.
April 9, 2015
if you've ever wondered where modern pop punk comes from, i give you the god fathers. this rates with my fav documentaries and makes me want to get in the van and tour for the rest of my life living like an animal. if you think all the uk punk nonsense was legit you've got something to learn, these guys are the true article and a story of amazing triumph and what hard work will get you.
March 6, 2015
Great documentary about two of the greatest and most under rated punk bands of all time. Fans of the bands will love this movie, but the story is so compelling non fans will really enjoy it is well.
½ October 5, 2014
A well told, visually wonderful, smartly-edited documentary about one of my favorite bands!
September 30, 2014
Best bands!!! Finally saw this one!
November 30, 2013
I know a few of you out there who would be interested in this "filmage"
September 23, 2013